Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shi-a-wa-se? Happiness. (Soul Link) - Minitokyo

Shi-a-wa-se? Happiness. (Soul Link)

Tagged under Soul Link

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

It's been awhile since I made a thread about a particular anime series... about 10 weeks ago to be exact. :sweat: In those 10 weeks I've only watched 3 anime series (Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Akane Maniax and Soul Link) which is much less than what I would normally watch. The thread's topic is about Soul Link but before I get started... I got a couple of questions for KgNE and Akane Maniax.

1. Does anyone have the Gundam Wing parody for KgNE 'coz it's absolutely impossible to find/get.
2. Was there any other anime groups that completed Akane Maniax except for HKG (they are the ones that do the Chinese subs I think...)?

Now for the questions on Soul Link. To be honest, I think my ability to analyze anime series/movies have deteriorated somewhat significantly over the past 10 weeks. So I'm sorry if any of these sound really dumb.

-Before I forget... this might... no wait, most definitely contain spoilers.-

Question 1:
As we know Celleria is a Sukyura who tries to enslave humanity. For those who forgot what a Sukyura is... Sukyura's have the ability to heal very quickly and regenerate their bodies if they are severely injured. They also have the ability to 'infect' healthy humans so eventually become a Sukyura.

Shuhei gets infected with the Sukyura cells after the initial fight with the Hallarax terrorist group. Just before he leaves to Hamal to rescue Aya... he makes love to Nao, his girlfriend. Thus Nao also gets infected with the Sukyura cells and is why she survives the explosion from the bomb when the door blasts open.

From this, Nanami gets born from the love between Shuhei and Nao. So how did Nanami actually get born since Nanami said that she was the product of the love between Shuhei and Nao.

[Episode 10.5 (Recap Episode) 13:50]

Did she just appear out of thin air? Or did she create herself since she's part Sukyura and part human?

Question 2:
From above we know that Shuhei, Nao and Nanami are all Sukyuras and also when Yuu says 'Because they are Sukyura, it's best to keep their existance a secret.'.

In the final scenes we see that Ryota is given a photo of Nao, Shuhei and Nanami with himself and Sayaka in the background. Both Nao and Shuhei is wearing the uniform that they wear to the military academy. So why hasn't Ryota noticed that his brother, Nao and Nanami was still alive since he had came back from 1 year of school? Also, why was it so important to keep Shuhei, Nao and Nanami's existence a secret... so secret that even Shuhei's younger brother didn't know that Shuhei was alive?

[Episode 12 (Final Episode) 20:08]

Question 3:
What was the promise that Shin made?

[Episode 12 17:49 - 'Don't worry, I won't break my promise']

Question 4:
Is there any significance when Yuu takes off her ribbon that ties her hair? 'Coz it reminds me of Shin's sister. o_0

[Episode 12 18:25]

I think that's about it. If I have any other questions... I'll post them up later. Any one with questions about Soul Link are free to post them here. ;)

Soul Link had a fairly interesting storyline but lacked that special 'kick' at times. Nonetheless, it had a very strong ending... an ending that was I guess, unique. However, I doubt that there will ever be a sequel for it due to the fact that the ending and the circumstances of the story does not allow for it. >.<

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

auraderecca

auraderecca

-//*Ms.J

Hm, i kinda know practically nothing on this series... but it sounds kinda interesting. maybe you could tell me more about this series. btw, it's quite new rite? and here i was... thinking soul link was the thing from Bleach.. haha... stupid stupid me..

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

I hated Soul Link. It was a lazy, nonsensical piece of shit with some horrid deus ex machinae put in there to get the show out of the corners it painted itself into. It made mockeries out of the general laws of nature and logic in ways even the worst examples of movie science wouldn't do. If the ending seems familiar to some (the "crashing a space station into earth/a planet" thing, that is), then that might have something to do with the fact that they did the very same thing in Xenosaga. (The first game as well as the anime that was based on it.)

I don't expect people to make something ingeniously clever out of a hentai game, but I do expect them to at least fucking TRY to make something watchable, if nothing else. Because hey.... AIR, Kanon, Fate/Stay Night and Utawarerumono all proved that it's certainly possible.

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Quote by auradereccamaybe you could tell me more about this series. btw, it's quite new rite? and here i was... thinking soul link was the thing from Bleach..

It's new-ish I suppose. The series was first aired on the 1st of April 2006 and finished on the 24th of June 2006. So it's less than a year old. As with Bleach, the title doesn't really describe the anime very well.

Here's the ANN link to the anime:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6469

Quote by ANNAizawa Ryota was in the 3rd grade of the preparatory course of Central Military Academy. AD 2045, he went to a space station, Aries, for the training with his classmates including Nagase Saka and Nittak Kazuhiko. However, the station was attacked by a terrorist group, Hallarax. Now they must find a way back to earth.

Honestly, the first half of the anime was nearly unwatchable due to the storyline being really plain. The only real part from the 1st half of the series I liked was the part when Sayaka comes out of the shower and sees Ryota going in with his full fledged man-hood dangling there. ^_^' Having said that, I think the 2nd half of the series does a lot better than the 1st. Why? More action, twists and parts that make you go emotional (not as much as AIR or KgNE though).

I think the decription that ANN gives only describes the initial 2 episodes of the series which is stupid because most people will give up after having seen the 1st couple of episodes. But I mean, if you're into science fiction, action, romance and a touch of comedy then perhaps you should give Soul Link a try. As for me I will finish the anime series not matter how bad it is... unless it's really bad like Yu-Gi-Oh. ;)

Quote by NorthyI hated Soul Link. It was a lazy, nonsensical piece of shit with some horrid deus ex machinae put in there to get the show out of the corners it painted itself into. It made mockeries out of the general laws of nature and logic in ways even the worst examples of movie science wouldn't do.

The Sukyura cell thing I thought was only part plausible. Why? Regeneration of cells can be controlled through DNA modification. It's one of the things that are actually being researched upon. However, the part where they go 'Even though the part of your body had been severed off... part of yourself still think it's there' that was stupid. Okay, you brain still think it's there but I honestly don't think it's the reason why you could regenerate your body part back.

At least the 'movie science' wasn't as bad as Dead or Alive (the 2006 movie). Now, that was really bad.

Quote by NorthyIf the ending seems familiar to some (the "crashing a space station into earth/a planet" thing, that is), then that might have something to do with the fact that they did the very same thing in Xenosaga. (The first game as well as the anime that was based on it.)

I'm going to spoil the ending a bit but I'll use the spoiler tags. So if you do not wish to see what the ending is... do not highlight the next part

Spoiler (show)

Due to the fact that Shuhei is stuck in Hamal, Nanami tries to save him. Everyone that was left on Aries because they were the evacuation team have now bored Bortein and are ready to exit the Aries space station. However, within the last couple of seconds Nao leaves Bortein to try and find Shuhei and Nanami due to love she has for the both of them.

The rest of the crew on Bortein make it safely back to Earth with a little bit of movie science - practically anything over 6.5 degree entry into the Earth's atmosphere and you'd burn up. Everything that made it back to Earth safely still thinks that Shuhei, Nao and Nanami burnt up due to the re-entry of Aries into the Earth's atmosphere. Little did they know that Shin helped them escape by telling them that Hallarax had a spacecraft that could withstand the re-entry back to Earth safely.

A year later, everything is fine... if you exclude the death of Sayaka's father - Morimoto. Ryota and the other still think that Shuhei, Nao and Nanami perished in Aries as it came back down to Earth. After Sayaka pays a visit to her father's grave, the kid (the one where at the beginning of the anime series you see Nao helping the kid find his parents) hands Ryota an envelope which he says he doesn't know what's in it. What it contained was a photo of Shuhei, Nao and Nanami with Ryota and Sayaka in the background at the airport.

Thus that's why said that the ending was unique/strong (I think). I mean there are animes out there with really dodgy endings... Akane Maniax anyone?

Quote by NorthyI don't expect people to make something ingeniously clever out of a hentai game, but I do expect them to at least f****** TRY to make something watchable, if nothing else. Because hey.... AIR, Kanon, Fate/Stay Night and Utawarerumono all proved that it's certainly possible.

When they say it's based on a h-game it could mean that they only use part of the storyline or even none at all. They could only use the characters and make up the storyline completely. That's why I don't really care if an anime was based on a h-game or not... unless the h-game was completely turned into a h-anime. :sweat:

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Quote by Zangetsu-sslThe Sukyura cell thing I thought was only part plausible. Why? Regeneration of cells can be controlled through DNA modification. It's one of the things that are actually being researched upon. However, the part where they go 'Even though the part of your body had been severed off... part of yourself still think it's there' that was stupid. Okay, you brain still think it's there but I honestly don't think it's the reason why you could regenerate your body part back.

At least the 'movie science' wasn't as bad as Dead or Alive (the 2006 movie). Now, that was really bad.

Fair enough, but I don't think that explanation would make some of the "facts" in Soul Link any easier to swallow, like how our infected couple could have had a daughter who grew to adolescense in a matter of days or even less how she's able to just kill Cellaria the way she did at the end. And if Cellaria can control people so easily, why didn't she just take control of the section she spent the time in for almost the entire first half of the show? And don't get me started on the Jello Zombies. -_-

Of course, the script, the pacing and the whole filler hell was also part of the reason why I hated the show. Not to mention the whole issue with the terrorist squad, who was put in the show.... why, again? Their agenda was as quickly left behind and forgotten as the crimes they committed. (Especially miss Boom Headshot, who actually blew the brains out of a considerable amount of people.)

As for the Dead or Alive movie... I haven't seen that one, but if you say it's even dumber than Soul Link, then you're certainly making me want to see it. ^_^'

Quote by Zangetsu-ssl *spoiler text removed for the quote* Thus that's why said that the ending was unique/strong (I think). I mean there are animes out there with really dodgy endings... Akane Maniax anyone?

I'd agree that the ending wasn't really bad, but again, that doesn't excuse the rest of the show. Dunno about "unique", at least if you're referring to the "OMG we thought they were dead" part. While it's not done enough to be considered a cliche, I do remember that one being used quite a few times in other titles. Maybe none with space stations burning up in the atmosphere, but there were at least explosions abounds.

Quote by Zangetsu-sslWhen they say it's based on a h-game it could mean that they only use part of the storyline or even none at all. They could only use the characters and make up the storyline completely. That's why I don't really care if an anime was based on a h-game or not... unless the h-game was completely turned into a h-anime. :sweat:

Well, I think that if people make an anime out of something that used to be a game, I'm guessing people expect the characters they loved to be in it. It could be argued that I don't have much experience in seeing how the game-to-anime transfer works simply because I have never played any of the games who'se anime I've perused, whether that be Fate/stay night, AIR or yes, even Soul Link. So I can't really tell whether the game was something of a winner.

However, as the case is, all the titles I mentioned turned into fine anime titles in their own rights. Ok, so AIR had a really bad ending, but the show leading up to that point was actually pretty damn good. Even Utawarerumono had a bit of a twist at the end that I think a lot of people aren't going to like or appreciate, but the rest of the show is definitely a decent watch, if not a wee bit run of the mill.

So, what point am I trying to make? Well, I guess it would be that I normally wouldn't care either. As long as the anime OR the game entertains me, I don't care about the origins of either. Experience up until now, however, has normally been that games have rarely transferred well to anime in the past, and it's only now recently that this has changed significantly. So, basically, it took a few of said shows for the words "game-based anime" not to give me feelings of dread about an anime I'm about to see.

shinigami9

shinigami9

YuriGoggles-bearer

To answer Question 1, this is one of life's greatest mysteries. Not only she was born and grew into a loli in what, weeks?, but she also somehow managed to pass for human (i.e. developed language, normal eating habits etc) without being in contact with humans. So I guess she had 4w3s0m3 super speshul genes that also contained skills that are taught, not born into humans.

The questions she asks when she stares at those dragonflies (IIRC) are just... trivial, compared to her knowledge of everything human, including the technology.

Forget cellular regeneration and human/Sukyura infection and procreation, THIS is what made me roll my eyes at that character.

About being based on the game, AFAIK the anime and the game do NOT have the same storyline in fact. The anime happens either before or after the game, I don't remember. I really didn't care about this info, so I'm not sure about it. In case I'm right in remembering this, they had more freedom in working with the source material. They failed horribly.

The Lobotomy Club sits atop Cogito Falls. The sign reads "Come on in and lose your mind."

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Quote by Northy... like how our infected couple could have had a daughter who grew to adolescense in a matter of days...

To be honest it's either a storyline flaw (and a very big one if that) or it's because she's a Sukyura/Human. I think they said that Sukyura cells hold the information of what they look like so they can regenerate themselves. Then we'd need to ask ourselves how they heck she gained so much knowledge in such a short period of time.

I mean, the last major boo-boo an anime has done was in Mai ZHiME (Otome). This being when the Meister is injured so is the Master. However, it is evident that when Arika is fighting Mikoto, Mashiro is not injured in any way.

Quote by Northy... even less how she's able to just kill Cellaria the way she did at the end.

I'm guessing it's the same way how Celleria infected Shin with the Sukyura cells. Shin also said something about Nanami having the power to corrupt Celleria's Sukyura cells or something like that. Still, this is a lot of assumptions that I'm making.

Quote by NorthyNot to mention the whole issue with the terrorist squad, who was put in the show.... why, again? Their agenda was as quickly left behind and forgotten as the crimes they committed. (Especially miss Boom Headshot, who actually blew the brains out of a considerable amount of people.)

Get ready for another assumption. I believe it was due to the fact that now Ryota's team and Hallarax had a common enermy to defeat... one that was too powerful for both to defeat one at a time. Not only that but the fact that Aya brought out the human side of Gale and Karen... probably helped Karen 'fit in' with Ryota's team. I think also Celleria over-powered Hallarax's agenda due to the fact that she possessed such great power.

And that reminds me of the guns in Soul Link. No way can they fire that long without reloading. If any of you has fired a HK MP5 then I'm sure you'd say the same thing.

Quote by NorthyAs for the Dead or Alive movie... I haven't seen that one, but if you say it's even dumber than Soul Link, then you're certainly making me want to see it.

Trust me, you'll regret it.

Also regarding about movie science (well, more like movie computer tech), remember how Aki was making a program on the PC and we saw that blocks were moved around? All I have to say is 'O-M-G'. That's almost about as worse as the 2003 movie (I think) Swordfish when the guy tries to program a virus.

Quote by NorthyWell, I guess it would be that I normally wouldn't care either. As long as the anime OR the game entertains me, I don't care about the origins of either. Experience up until now, however, has normally been that games have rarely transferred well to anime in the past, and it's only now recently that this has changed significantly. So, basically, it took a few of said shows for the words "game-based anime" not to give me feelings of dread about an anime I'm about to see.

I couldn't agree more. It's also one of the reasons why I watch a wide variety of anime... be it romance, action, comedy, yuri (no yaoi... sorry, I'm not gay ^_^' ) or science fiction etc. . Yeah, I also agree that the animes that are based on games are starting to improve a fair bit in terms of storyline... ie. KgNE and AIR.

Quote by shinigami9About being based on the game, AFAIK the anime and the game do NOT have the same storyline in fact. The anime happens either before or after the game, I don't remember.

The anime is based in a time before the game... even though the game was made before the anime. Why? The game is called Soul Link Extension thus meaning it's based after the anime. Usually most animes that are based on games don't have the same storyline simply because the games are based on hentai anyway. Thus the storyline has to change drastically so that it can suit a large variety of audiences.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.