Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My new wall...seems to be missing something.. - Minitokyo

My new wall...seems to be missing something..

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Hello,everyone!I need help in this wall,there is still something missing,I've got two version,have a look and tell me your thoughts and your ideas.I really appreciate it!Thanks!Oh,I got the scan from Minitokyo.

Version1
The Chosen Soul

Version2
The Chosen Soul

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

Hey Chiaki! There's a very...light feeling to your wallpaper, which is nice. I think the second rendition has some pretty interesting designs in the back. They remind me a bit of the treble sign. The only problem I have with it is that it becomes kind of busy and detracts from the focus of the character. On the other hand, the Version 1's background feels a little plain; Maybe not enough variation. Try meeting the two versions in the middle, so there are some designs in the back, but not so much. Also, try changing the direction sizes of the stars, it becomes a bit repetitive; I only see 2 stars that are different =P. The scan is pretty well extracted, personally, but it still looks a bit grainy. Try doing what a lot of people do: create a duplicate layer, add a slight gaussian blur, and lower the transparency.

All in all, I think the scan fits nicely with the wall and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb; It blends quite nicely.

Nice work so far! I'm excited to see what it turns out in the final. Good luck!

*edit* can you feedback on my wall too? Everyone's ignoring it -_-. It's the Shining Tears one. Thanks!

Signature Image

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Really cute! The scan is a little grainy, you should check out the cleaning tutorial at Imanimetions. I loved this scan when I saw it! The first one is too empty. The second one is better, but the shade of pink you used doesn't quite go with the pink she's wearing. Also, it's still kind of empty. Have you thought about doin some fluffy clouds in the bg? She has cute wings, maybe find a bird brush and have some subtle birds in the background? Make a pinkish sky rather than just a pink swirly background. Great start!

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

the second one is much better thsn the first...! cuase the first one is too plain..! ^^ yup scan can be cleaned a little more..! ^^ maybe give the wall a little more texture cause it's still rather plain..! ^^ maybe add some clouds around her like below cause like she's flying in they sky right, you can give the effect that she's flying..! ^^ and it would be great if you add birds too as wad sailo-chan said..! ^^ good luck..! ^^

Signature Image

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Well I've tried...here have a look and bash me as much as you like..

Version 3:The Chosen Soul

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

I like the clouds and the bird. I think the text is too bright a color. The real problem is still the scan quality, it's a little grainy and there are places where your extraction isn't perfect.

Signature Image

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

I think there's not much different with those versions. You need to clean the scan, a little smudge with 50% opacity here and there will make it look better. Or try duplicate it and median filter the top layer, and then use blending mode like soft light. A little change on the colour balance of the scan would be nice, to blend the pinkish light of the background. The text is kinda annoying, too big. You should resize it, and try a different colour that really matches the overall wall. I think the overall concept is nice.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

It looks ok, though the scan could be a little cleaner (maybe try vectoring or re-painting it).
I would take off the shadow from the text and from the bird (or else, lower the opacity from the shadows).
You can also play with the "brightness/contrast" on the scan and maybe use a gradient for the background.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Here I did it according to your opinions,whoch was very useful.Thanks...But I'm not sure if it looks good.

Version 4:The Chosen Soul

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

I think this one is way better than the previous. I still feel that the scan is a bit grainy, I know you've tried your best to clean it. But it does look okay now. If you can remove the bird's shadow, it will be nicer, I think.

merged: 01-31-2007 ~ 11:56pm
And the main text, abit jaggy on some of it's patterns. Try soften or smudge it a bit. :)

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Thanks...Here,according to what you've suggested.Though I only changed a little.

Version 5:The Chosen Soul

getten

getten

Ever Promise (yakusoku)

seems like on the 5th wall u cleaned the scan........nice job......
i suggest that u move the bird to the edge of the text, just like version 3......... (personal like -v-)

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

I think the only problem now is the scan. Still grainy in the outline area. I'm not sure how many pixel of median filter you use for the cleaning, 'coz too many pixel might make the scan blurry.

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

I agree with garra-no-shukaku. The scan seems grainy in the outline area. The bird extraction was good because the background felt plain without it. Coloring the text pink works better as you already added. :) Maybe add small white birds in the background to show it distant besides that bird close up and I think that should do. :)

Add some little mist since it seems she's up in the clouds too.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Yeah, a little mist around the girl ( but not too much ), and above the clouds. Some small birds would be nice too. ;)

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Here is the new one or maybe not cause I added another 2 pixels of median filter on the scan to rid of the outline grainy problem and I added some small birds and a misty feel below the scan.I'm not sure if it qualifies...I think I overdid the mist...>.<

Version 6:The Chosen Soul

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

When you do the median filter, take an unmodified copy of the later and put it over the top, then change the blend mode of the unmodified layer to soft light or overlay. this way it preserves the lines but the softer colors that counter the grain show through. The birds are a little random, you might want to add a few in other parts of the sky. The text looks much better pink than cyan.

Signature Image

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Better, but yea, the small birds should be like scattering almost all over the sky, not just on some parts. I think you need to work more with cleaning, it looks blur-er each update. Here's a tutorial to clean scans.

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Thanks!It was very useful!Here I followed the tutorial and did some changes.I think I overdid the birds...=.=

Version 7:The Chosen Soul

Wow,the seventh!

Mya102

Mya102

::Violet is Gothic::

OMG! i really love it, and its pink *_*
but the bird beside the girl is not fully extract.
i see the grey thingies around the bird.
Ganbate!

Signature
	Image ~Live within your soul~
Join: Gakuen Alice FCElemental guardian

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Compare to the previous versions, the scan here looks a bit dark. You should add brightness on the scan, and since you've edited the scan, I think you need to work back with the colour balance.

merged: 02-05-2007 ~ 10:02pm
And the birds look better now. :)

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Okay,done the colour balance...
Version 8:The Chosen Soul

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Everything looks fine now. If only you could add a little mist around(or a bit under) the big bird, so that it will blend with the overall concept.

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

There you go...*hopes desperately it's the last version*

Version 9:The CHosen Soul

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.