Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 If you want a faster MT how about... - Minitokyo

If you want a faster MT how about...

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Deleteing useless stuff like closed threads and banned members accounts. I mean what's the point in keeping this stuff when I no longer serves a purpose?

Have you seen the closed threads here? There has to be more than 1000, there just taking up space. If you delete them there will be more space and I'm sure MT will go faster

Banned members, there has to be at least double than the threads. Why not delete there accounts? They can't come back with the same e-mail so keeping the accounts is just wasted space and also not allowing someone who wants there name to have it.

I'm not sure why they keep this stuff, there might be a good reason, but I'm just saying it might be better to get rid of this suff. What do you think?

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

I believe... that is what Sheqe is trying to do....

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Nopededoo.

Only images take up space on the server. Threads and userpages actually don't take up all that much space- it's really the gallery.

We don't delete threads or banned member accounts because we keep a record of things.
If we deleted banned member accounts, and hence wipe out records of what they did, they can come back, complain "what did I even do wrong?" - there's no record for that, and they can come back again. Some banned members have good contributions and good galleries- so yeahhhh.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Well you make a good point with the banned members but what about closed threads? What good can come from them?

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Quote by afterbunnerWell you make a good point with the banned members but what about closed threads? What good can come from them?

It is to keep records of things...
Sort of like historic records...

Like what Kuro-chan said....

Anyway it takes very little space...
Unlike the images which takes up like 100 times its space..

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

The slow download speed has little to do with the inactive threads and user accounts. While these do take space on the server and in the databases and thus take time to process in order to load a page, the main issue with the download speed is the actual data bandwidth, not server processor power. To paraphrase Jon Stewart, the internet is a series of tubes -- and sometimes they get clogged up! (So let's toss some lottery power balls through the system and clear things up!)

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.