Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Death Note Liscensed?! - Minitokyo

Death Note Liscensed?!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Today, as every Thrusday, i went to see if the new episode of Death Note has been submitted but i get a big surprise
VIZ has licensed Death Note!

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=915

Any thoughts?
Personally i'm kinda annoyed, it was too soon to liscensed DN! Only 12 chapters where up and they've licensed.

Do you think that the system DTO and DTR (download to own and download to rent, respectively) will be successful?

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

One would expect this...since it was so popular. However, I too am ticked off. They should license after the series has finished. English cast will probably suck just like always.

I feel extactly the same way. I just started watching the series and fall in love with the show pretty fast. Now I am esp. 12. Now I just found out is license what can I say. NO...NO...But again I should have know when it soooo damm good. What can you, I just hope whoever is the voice for Light and L they better be good. Can't wait.

merged: 01-12-2007 ~ 11:02am
oops about your answer I guess it can be both way. If a lot people is downloading the show and renting it more like they become license. Or should I say well know. (I think that what you trying to ask. Not sure. If i answer your question......mmm...sorry about that...can hard for me to understand. English is not my first language)

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

I don't like the download system somehow I would feel cheated out of my money, I much prefer buying DVDs.

not surprising since 2 movies have been released, its hugely popular and the comps wanna cash in on the money

Wha-Wha-What!? Death Note got lisenced!? DAMMIT! I wasn't done downloading! Damn!

eonir

eonir

Spreading Fire

It's too bad... Commerce is everywhere :/
Cash is not able to make a series better - It can make a series longer.

Let's hope that Death Note will keep the high level...

Some folks are wise, and some otherwise.
Signature

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

i really hate that they licensed it.... dunno if they're dto or dtr will be succesfull. well, we'll wait and see, ne?

It's a shame. (Or maybe not, since they can probably earn some money for this awesome anime.)
I agree that it's better if it got licensed AFTER all the episodes are out... =/
But what can we do about this? Nothing, except to complain or praise. We'll manage! Also, if you want to continue watching, buy the DVDs, it's worth it.

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

At least the company can make more money its proven that once someone has watched a show online they tend to not buy the original. I myself loved death note manga... except for the ending x.x,

I think that it being licensed in America will definitely have its benefits

At least 4Kids didn't decide to license it. =P

But I want to download it for longer T_T

With honey and clovers

Well considering DN is very popular, I wasn't surprised it got licensed so soon. Fate/Stay Night was licensed before it even aired if I remember correctly. Same with Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

However, I'll question the concept of DTO and DTR. Considering there are fansubs, I would expect that people will dl the fansubs instead of dling a licensed copy since fansubs are relatively free...
Also, what about the people who do not have like broadband internet? lol

Good night, sweet prince.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

it's a good thing that it got licenced, and to all who say otherwise cause they can't download their precious fansubs, build a bridge and get over it, seriously, if you like it so much buy it *unless of course you live somewhere where anime is scarce and aren't old enough to buy online, then get someone who is *

Quote by Benjikun7 English cast will probably suck just like always.

No need to pre-empt things, and how does english dubs suck? Unless you can give strong, valid points about why it sucks, then don't bother. I'd still buy the dvds regardless and if you dont like the english, well switch the audio track, too easy

Anyway back to the matter at hand. As far as this download service goes, that i'm not too sure about. Paying on a per episode basis might be alright if you want to download the first couple episodes without committing to having something physical, but if you intend on getting the whole series via that method then it's going to be more expensive to buy the dvds overall. But again it gives access to people who cant easily buy the dvds.

It does add more accessibility to people, but it depends on how much per episode people will have to pay.

Signature Image

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Since this thread has been left inactive for quite some time and a new one has been created I'm going to close this thread. Please re-direct all discussion to the new thread located here DEATH NOTE is being licensed by VIZ Media.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.