Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Needs More Filter Effects - Minitokyo

Needs More Filter Effects

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

I believe that this wallpaper maybe too plain. I was wondering if I didn't put enough effort to be accepted in minitokyo? I made two version which is day and night. Your can see here which you like best? The real size I've made was 1600x1200, but I can post it if you need a bigger resolution to see the details?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8600/elementnight2dv8.th.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8016/elementday2go0.th.jpg

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well, yes, effort is one factor in deciding what stays in the galleries, but that certainly doesn't mean that you have to go crazy and apply every single thing you know about photoshop to the wallpaper ;)

I think that what you've got so far is fine. Like I mean, your text is good, vectors look great (pshh you have the effort covered here already ;)) and your concept is good too.

The only thing I think that will need improvement on are just the clouds. They look a little too realistic (it still kinda looks like a photo) so maybe a bit of smudging, painting or even vectoring over the clouds might help solve that. Otherwise, it's fine :D

Great work! ^^

PS: If you do submit this to the gallery, which I'm sure you will, be sure to submit just one of them and link the other one off in the description ;)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

I agree with kuroimisa. Your wallpaper(s) is fine just like it is. The clouds do look a tad to real, but other than that it's really good. I especially like the night version one. Good work.

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

wow, I can't believe you vectored all of them! and with outlines too! wow, you're really improving on vectoring :)

I personally prefer the 1st one, because the background of the 2nd one is too bright, and a darker background I think makes them stand out more. it also picks out the colours behind the clouds much better.

Like kuroimisa said, you don't have to use filters for everything. In fact, you probably don't want to ruin the clean-ness of your vector by filtering over it. However, maybe filtering those clouds with a median filter can help you get rid of some of those details (and 'realness') :)

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

Both ae beautifull. I'm shure you would ghet a lot of favs if you would post them. And since the cararters are vectorized, I don't think they would be delited.
~I personaly like the day one

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

HotaruZala

HotaruZala

Athrun's Precious Rose @->

I don't really know about vectoring too much but I agree with what MapleRose said.^^ They're both pretty..however i tend to like the first one a bit more cause the second one is a bit too bright...but beautiful work..i love that pic of athrun, cagalli, kira, and lacus...its one of my faves.^^

"Even if you were to turn into one of a thousand wild roses in a field,I'm sure I could find you. You'd be the most beautiful one there, adorned with pearls of morning dew." - Cain to Meridianna (The Cain Saga Manga Vol.4 Part II)

Gallopia

Gallopia

__DaRK_ HImE__

i like it :D
It's beautiful with the background and the anime ;)
The position is not reli bad :)
I like the effect when each characters have different glowing effect :D
Good effect and Exllent job X-P
Keep it up >_<

Signature

Gallopia copy rights! DaRK HiME has return....

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.