Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Adware/Malware.... Is it possible here in minitokyo - Minitokyo

Adware/Malware.... Is it possible here in minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

Recently, I have been infected with some sort of malware... Now don't get me wrong.... But the time I got infected was the time when I was browsing at minitokyo and wikipedia.org. So my question iz...... Is it possible? Or was it just a coincidence?

I'm still suffering those programs right now... Malware.j and downloader.f.

Please help :sweat:

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Welll the downloader.f thing also happened to me >.>

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

Humm... Not unless you accidently clicked on an ad? ? ? Never experienced anything like that from here... :\ That sucks!

asinine

asinine

Quote by ShindouShuichiHumm... Not unless you accidently clicked on an ad? ? ? Never experienced anything like that from here... :\ That sucks!

Nope... i was browsing around MT....
Then suddenly it pops out that there is downloader.f thing...

Signature

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

I at least I'm not alone lol.

I was also browsing on MT then it just popped up! Before I know it, my computer has been infected what happened? Did MT got hacked? Man.... I regret that day I tried IE instead of Firefox!

Also.... Any tips on how to remove it?

Help>.....

Every now and then there is a "bad ad" which when it loads will attempt to install a downloader trojan on your computer. Don't worry too much, it doesn't happen too often and they are very minimal risk and can be immediately quarantined with virtually any anti-virus software. When this happens, and you are sure that the only place the trojan/virus/spyware/etc. could have come from is MT, you should create a thread in the Bug Reports forum and include the ad information so the admins can block it.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

You may want to try and use these free programs to remove them.
Spybot Search and Destroy
Ad-ware SE Personal

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

Quote by Yu-huangYou may want to try and use these free programs to remove them.
Spybot Search and Destroy
Ad-ware SE Personal

Spybot and Ad-ware are both spyware removal programs, so they don't catch viruses, trojans or worms. To remove a virus you need an anti-virus program, such as Norton Antivirus (you have to pay for it, but it is excellent and the cost is only 40$ a year, it is the one I use), but the best freeware virus removal program in my opinion is AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition.

I have to say though, NEVER download a program that claims to be anti-virus or antispyware when it is not from a reputable company. If a program catches your eye and you think you may prefer it over the tried-and-true software, ask around and do a bit of research first, because there is a good chance it is loaded with malware. Also keep in mind that legitimate products never utilize pop-ups to try to make you download them, or scare tactics to try to make you execute them.

asinine

asinine

Yea... i have the ware that prevents these viruses....

But the main problem is that there is an advertisement here that is throwing the viruses secretly at members....

Yes i have been looking for the advertisement that is the root of this problem.. but it still catches me off guard..... The advertisaements at each pages changes from time to time.... so tracking the advertisement seem to be hard....

Signature

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

I hope it's now ok It took me a lot of work yo clean my PC.

Is the add gone?

asinine

asinine

statrafongon.biz
Beware if you see your page loading this...
thats where the virus is coming from....
But i cant find that advertisement....

Signature

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

Thanks!

I'll be keeping a look out as well....

Man. It was a real pain to kick it out of my system

But at least I'm kinda proud of myself.

I killed that virus without any ANti-virus/Spyware tracking soft ware! lol

merged: 01-21-2007 ~ 01:14pm
BUMP!

Hey Minitokyo. I got infected again while visiting your site! It was the same adware/malware from before! It was downloader.f but this time, it had another thing that was with it! downloader ASH! Please fix this problem for the convenience of people like us....

Please.... AND thank you!

merged: 01-23-2007 ~ 11:20am
BUMP

asinine

asinine

another one i found out...

traffstats.biz

I hope this help...
The virus downloads itself when you press the forum link...
After that, if it is quarantine and deleted...
It stops downloading... but then it will happen again the next day...

Signature

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

I GOT THAT ONE TOO! ADMINS AND MODS.... HELP... IS THAT ADD STILL EXISTING?!

asinine

asinine

Quote by heavenANDearthI GOT THAT ONE TOO! ADMINS AND MODS.... HELP... IS THAT ADD STILL EXISTING?!

Its not downloading itselfs for quite sometime now...

So i guess it is fixed?

Signature

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

I hope so.... This is my first time in over a monnth! Admins, please anwers this question, is the threat gone?

i got that downloader.f crap about 2-3 weeks ago, just around the time when heavenANDearth got it..

Get Firefox and use their Adblock Plus plugin to block all those ads from loading. You won't even be able to see those ads at all (except the text based ads at the bottom).

asinine

asinine

Quote by kiopiGet Firefox and use their Adblock Plus plugin to block all those ads from loading. You won't even be able to see those ads at all (except the text based ads at the bottom).

^.^ some even when block still downloads secretly...
Chu still need an anti-virus too ;)

Signature

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

ya! mine still donloaded one even if I was using firefox!

So.... Are the admins ignoring this? Or maybe they are just a bit busy.... Please take action quickly!

Have been using Firefox since MTv2 and yet to get any viruses/worms/trojans. I use Norton Security for realtime protection and have AVG as a weekly system scanner while Norton's scan is scheduled daily.

Yeah, I have been getting security alerts from my computer (using Norton Internet Security) about the Downloader virus and another Adware program called "Adware.ZQuest" when I was browsing MT, and the latest incident happened just 2 hours ago. But luckily Norton Internet Security manages to delete the malware without much problem.

asinine

asinine

Quote by kiopiHave been using Firefox since MTv2 and yet to get any viruses/worms/trojans. I use Norton Security for realtime protection and have AVG as a weekly system scanner while Norton's scan is scheduled daily.

^_^ thats because your anti-virus successfully quarantine and delete it...
I think you didnt optionate it to alert you if it has succesfully deleted it...
I t only alerts you if the virus isnt quarantined...

Signature

If there was a quarantine and deletion, I believe there would have been a log made in the history.

My scan sweeps usually come out clean.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.