Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Adware/Malware.... Is it possible here in minitokyo - Minitokyo

Adware/Malware.... Is it possible here in minitokyo

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 28 total items

MY Suggestion is this:

If you are a Heavy User on the Browser :-

- Get FireFox 2.0
- Download Plug-in call NoScript
- Download Plug-in call AdBlock-plus
- Go to your Firefox Options, Check the " Always Clear My Private Data When i Close FireFox " & " Ask me Before Clearing Data " options.
- Keep Cookies : " Until I Close Firefox "

Anti-Virus Setup : (Check Your Local Security Forums for Details or one of my hotlist fourms here

I am currently Using AOL Active Virus Shield though the Policy for it is...well....it has a Down point. ;) But it is Russian KasperSKy empowered. Saved My Lappy many a times.

Anti-Spyware : Same as Above Under Anti-Virus setup

Try AVG Anti-SpyWare. No...NOT the Anti-Virus ~! Ergh...the Anti-virus ain't 70% efficient for me.

FireWall Suite : This is a Little Tricky. I have no recommendations since everyone's taste in NetWork Security varies. ;)

If you are Purely rich And Super Reliant on Browsing the internet and does not like the Hassle of downloading the software, Get NOD32, Kaspersky for your Port and Malicious Software protection. Else, for Firewall, ZoneAlarm Pro sounds awfully enough...(though it is a RAM Hog..ergh...) ;)

Throw in a SpywareBlaster and you are done.

However, if Your System is Already virused, duped, port pried, or worse, already converted into a slow startup and soon-to-be zombie PC, installing the add-ons will not help you most likely. You will need to go to a reliable online-scanner like Symantec or KasperSky website through your IE browser (Yes, it is dangerous since ActiveX is a hot Cookie for the "dark" Programmers to attack on) and scan your PC. This is to ensure your System and Systemfiles are not "taken" over by the Malicious Code so that when you instal your Anti-Spy etc etc, it will not be duped or the code will cause your Anti-spyware etc etc to stop running/installation.

Else, hrmmm...it is as good as a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) situation and reformatting is your only last resort solution.

Don't get me wrong but heh, not every anti-virus or spyware can detect all of the threats. Some are easy to remove, some ain't. Depends on the aggressiveness of the malicious code programmed by the creator.

Spybot Search and Destroy...ahh......the good old days when we first realise the potential threat of spyware and malicious port sniffing~.... *licks chops*

GEEzzz.. for the Last Time, Madam`e ~.... I am NOt a SalesMAN ! XD X-P

Signature
Thank you, Ms Toya999 for the wonderful Signature. :)

Wraith

Scanner

Wraith

No Longer A Contributor

Spybot Search and Destroy does take care of some trojans, plus a few other pests. Like keyloggers and auto dialers. Check your settings and options they're in there. I currently use AVG, Avast anti-virus, Spybot, Ad Aware, Zone Alarms Pro, WinPatrol, plus Im behind a router. They take care of me and my computer :)

heavenANDearth

heavenANDearth

The Loner.....

So now, it's ok? I mean, is it clean?

There has been no word on that ad, but if you haven't gotten it again it is safe to say it is gone. I wouldn't worry about this anymore, it has been a month.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 28 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.