Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Race: an idiology or blood? - Minitokyo

Race: an idiology or blood?

Do you agree with my assumption on race?

No, all people are equal
3 votes
I don't know
2 votes
Yes, people are different
5 votes
Whoever wrote this post doesn't know what he is talking about
0 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

"Many people say that the notion of race is nothing more than ideology that people invented and so making those people whole bunch of haters and that we will all be equal some day." Well, first of all, it is true that we recogize each other as people because we can relate to each other in some level. However, that is the only similarity that we have because at the end we all different and that can never be changed. This is why, to feel discomfort at an another person is perfectlly natural otherwise we would not be human at all but what you do with tha feeling is up to each individual. For example is the pro-white movement would have decided to concentrate their efforts in protecting their race by disengaging and building their own future instead of trying to take other's away, white supremacism would not be so bad. to try t deny any people their existance is impossible because there will always be a black and white world just like good and evil but to think that race doen't exist is rather choosing to be blind. YOU CAN NEVER DENY REALITY. Everyone has the right to protect thier own existance but how you do that it up to those who persue that dream. In any case if white people would have never gone in a campaign to conquer new lands other people would have done it anyway.

I did not get what you just wrote because of all the run-on sentences...

Anyway, yes, peopel are different. Like everything else in this world, racism is just another ideology produced by society. The initiating factor that caused this notion is the difference in languages. Think about it:

If you were blind and deaf, would you still recognize the differences in race? Not easy, but you can also tell through physical features. However, there are underlying aspects in each culture that relate all of them with each other. These aspects are sex and love, to name a few.

The ideology of race was never intended for evil purposes. In fact, it is the pure human instinct to categorize everything that stand out as different. Good and fair categorization does not do any harm; on the contrary, it regulates order. When taken to the extreme, categorization, like anything else, would have a negative effect.

Such is that of our society today. Yes, people are different, yet they are the same. No one is equal, but they can be given equal opportunities. It is abusing the notion of race that has caused countless conflicts. Only when people are willing to accept differences to any degree, and judge the difference through rationality, then will racism cease to exist.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
World Domination is OURS!

Probably a mix of both. Its debatable.

I think the idea of "race" is not something people are necessarily born into but more live up into. Sure, the outer appearance is something that is determined by blood, if you are black, you can't deny you are black (unless you are Michael Jackson o_O), same goes for white, red etc... People will see your skin color and based on where they have grown up and who they have contact with, they have certain prejudices against a certain outer appearance or they have none.
Besides this outer appearance the characteristic of a human being is probably not determined by blood but by the people it socializes with. I have been affected by my parents, people I went to school with, people i study with, friends etc... This social aspect is something that undeniably affects all people, both in their own behaviour and in their behaviour towards others. The sole understanding of dertermining between races is probably just something that comes up if you live in a society where there exists a definition of "race".
I believe that people can be somewhat equal, when they live up in equal circumstances; yet personalities vary, but that is not a feature of different races but a human feature in general.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Well, based on you dissertation and questions I had to answer I don't know. However race is a definable quality that can differentiate people. However this differentiation should be limited to physical differences and not take on any idealogical state such as Black Power or White Supremacism. this is because you cannot logically group ALL of one race together and differentiate them from the rest of people by any means other than physical differences. Many people have tried and through a supreme effort of twisting words and truths to fit their agenda have claimed to succeed in proving that their race is better than everyone else. Problem is that once the cold eye of logic intervenes their "proof" evaporates (generally so quickly that they are left standing there looking like complete morons).
People are different, no getting around that. People are also similar. Racism (or any other form of hate) comes in when those differences are used to somehow delineate those people to a "lower standing" which in this persons opinion is basically a load of bulls#$%.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

true, indeed. some race does proclaim themselves as more supreme in order to stand up higher than rest. but this notion is the latter development, also known as ideology.

around the world, there're different things that exist in different way. for example, Africa has hot desserts while Iceland has freezing weather. the first human lives in Africa. as they migrated elsewhere, they had to assimilate into that particular place, from the lifestyle, foods available there to its weather. thus, born people of different cultures.

soon, as civilizations of that particular place rise, people tended to feel proud at their own achievements. so, in order to strengthen their proudness, they compare themselves with others who are not in line with them, in other words, different.

scientific facts proved that humans first lived in Africa before they migrated to Asia & Europe. next, with the invention of ships, they migrated to Australia and America.
to sum up, all humans have the same blood regardless of what they are. the only difference in their blood are the genes which are determined by what they eat in their place.

generally, race is good in keeping their traditions and culture as pure as original from being corrupted by other influences. this thought are always strongly supported by people who are proud of it (particularly government). but its down points would have to be: it makes human unity almost impossible. suspicions over another race still exist as those proud-feeling race always naturally makes another race jealous

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

There is but one race: the Human race.
Unfortunately (or unfortunately) we humans are tribal--this means that even if everyone was white or black or whatever, there would still be divisions(light skinned blacks versus the darks-freckled red haireds versus the tanned blondes).
Part of tribalism is the predilection to feel priviledged or special--nothing bad in that until your view is cast against another tribe.
I think that learning to cohabitate despite our differences is the true test of the Human experience, no matter your religious outlook(religion, by the way, is another tribal association!)

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

everyone is different regardless of what race you are. to say that one race is better than another is just being stereotypical. people always judge other people based on how they look before even getting to know them, so they think that if you look like a certain group of people then obviously you must be like them. mix enough people together though and you wont be able to tell "what" a person is anymore based on their race so you should just see a person for who they are and not what color their skin is.

Signature Image

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

There is no such thing as race when it comes to people. As someone already wrote, there is only one race and it is the human race. Different skin colour is the effect of certain groups of poeple living in certain parts of the world with certain climates for a longer period of time. Yes it is just so simple. And since the difference is only visual and can be easily explained, I don't see a reason why people with different skin colours shouldn't be treated equally. It's just bollox of the close-minded in my opinion.

up up and away

Nature vs Nurture, personally my take on it is that other than genetic differences there are absolutely huge societal differences.

For example I've gone to school in a rich white New York suburb. Interestingly (I'm a foreigner so this race thing was new to me) blacks stayed in black groups and never mixed with white, but there were exceptions: kids of rich black parents, they kept company only with rich white kids and never mixed with other black kids. I attribute that to societal differences, which are often closely related to racial differences.

I can see your point of view in this. Black people tend to stay with black people (black and white couples are quite rare), white stays with white, asian stays with asians (asian-african mix is rare too). In the end it all involves in pride and selfishness anyway. I don't mind a particular race rules this world, as long as they're good then it's okay. But if they're bad then other races are going to revolt. It's just a revolutionary cycle.

Quote by rogue-star"Many people say that the notion of race is nothing more than ideology that people invented and so making those people whole bunch of haters and that we will all be equal some day." Well, first of all, it is true that we recogize each other as people because we can relate to each other in some level. However, that is the only similarity that we have because at the end we all different and that can never be changed. This is why, to feel discomfort at an another person is perfectlly natural otherwise we would not be human at all but what you do with tha feeling is up to each individual. For example is the pro-white movement would have decided to concentrate their efforts in protecting their race by disengaging and building their own future instead of trying to take other's away, white supremacism would not be so bad. to try t deny any people their existance is impossible because there will always be a black and white world just like good and evil but to think that race doen't exist is rather choosing to be blind. YOU CAN NEVER DENY REALITY. Everyone has the right to protect thier own existance but how you do that it up to those who persue that dream. In any case if white people would have never gone in a campaign to conquer new lands other people would have done it anyway.

Its been said already already but the concept of blood and race really don't mean anything, all humans have the same make up so really your judging people on physical characteristics and the pigmentation of the skin when you talk about race, So DON'T DENY REALITY your really the same as that African guy or Asia, etc please just because you have different genes then another human being doesn't make you better in any way, geez that last part you sound like a neo nazi, bad example to use

I agree that race is only an idea and I believe it was to create boundaries between others with different ideals but I don't think it was soley based on hatred of other people

I'm not too sure what the last few sentences you've written has to do with races.........
But there is nobody who has pure linage........ or whatever because the, they would have to marry their own family meaning incest........

Ethnicity basically lost it's meaning because cultures and races are overlapping these days

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Don't bump old threads.

Closed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.