Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Would you recognize your own voice? - Minitokyo

Would you recognize your own voice?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

It's a well knowed fact that people can not reconize there own voice. I mean, when you talk, you hear you're voive in a way, but then, if you record it and then play it, you wouldn't even reconize it (I even experimented it to be shure it's true). My question would be, I you would be in a place llike a mall, and then somone plays you're voice on the spekers, would you knowe it's you?

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

I`m not sheur but I reconize my style of speaking ^_^' I once had a tape wiht my voice (I was singing)
when I heard it sounded like crap >_< T_T

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

yuehaoxu

yuehaoxu

Single Royalty

I think the tone would be different but you would most likely recognize your own way of talking or the words you usually add in the sentences such as "like" and "you know". And I would recognize it if mine was put on the speakers, I think.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I've heard my voice played back to me, before, and it was much higher pitched than how it sounded to me; surely, I didn't sound that young! XD . Unfortunately, I'm small for my age, so it's to be expected that I have a high-pitched voice.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

yup ! I would recognize that hideous thing anywhere :D

-Boojitsu21

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

Mostly likely people would know it's me. I mean even my friends rexognize my voice from the second floor. XD MY voice is very loud and clear so yeah! Though my singing stinks. XD

ShasoArc

ShasoArc

Shattered Slayer

Oddly enough, when i first heard my own voice over xbox live, i couldnt believe it, it was incredibly deep, when i had always thought it was higher, it was a bit of a shock. It could be said that some people hear their own voice differently than what their friends hear. I hope that makes sense.

Signature

I've already heard my voice from recordings and tho it does sound different than what I hear when I speak, I think I can recognize it. Plus the way I speak would probably let me know anyway.

ugh... i can't forget it, when i heard it recorded the 1st time, i was so shocked that my voice sounded more kiddish than i thot

I sound like a human killing robot. How often do you hear people sounding like that?

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I would, probably because I've heard my voice recorded.
But I agree, the first time I was shocked, sounded like a kid or something.
I've done so many recordings with my friends that it doesn't bother me too much anymore. I assume you mean someone records you without knowing? Otherwise I'd think you'd know after being there and recording.

It's funny how our voice sounds different than how we hear it, apparently I sound different on the phone than irl. Some people have told me.

I would recognize myself if I was speaking, but more from the style of speech and accent, etc. than the actual sound of my voice. It also depends on how voices are recorded. Better technology could presumably record sounds more accurately, although I've never experimented with that kind of thing.

AngelTAP

AngelTAP

Keeper of the Midnight Sun

No, the first time I had my voice recorded and played back to me I was like "That can't possibly be mine!?" It sounds deep for a womans voice... I don't claim it. The only thing I think I would recognize would be the bad english!

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

i don't recognize my own voice on recordings.... it just sounds too strange...Oo

Which one is my real voice- the one I hear on recordings or the one that I hear naturally. Anyway, I find it difficult to recognize my own voice on tape.

I can but it semms to me NOT to be mine... maybe I can't explain... :)

cygnostratus

cygnostratus

Raijin Gaeshi

yep I could recognize mine alright... If there happens to be a lot of voices, the most horrible would be mine.. x_x

FinalFantasyFans|Ecchi-Club
Signature Image
You were the lightning in that rain, you can still shine through the darkness

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

keke.. i did record my voice before.. It just doesn't sound like the voice that i hear.. XD i don't know how to describe it but it just sound weird.. If i'm going to hear my voice in the mall, i may not recognise it.. XD but i may also recognise it by the way i speak.. XD keke!~

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

Heh, not me. Once I recorded myself singing alone and when I played it I couldn't believe that voice was from me.

Yeah... I actually think that I would recognize it, maybe not at the very beginning, but after a while. I've recorded the way I talk/sing and it sounds... just so weird and I sound way younger, when listening to a record, compared to how I sound normally.

CrazyGiirl

CrazyGiirl

*CONFUSED

not sure... shuld be.
but other ppl cant regconise my voice... on the phone,cuz i kinda sound like someone else!

Gah, I hate the sound of my voice played back! I'm sure I would recognise it if someone started playing it, I have a rather posh way of talking for where I'm from.

I think the reason why your voice sounds different then what you usually hear is because when you speak, others hear your sound waves through the air. You, on the other hand, hear from TWO sources. You do hear your voice through the air, but you also hear your sound waves travelling through another medium. Your head. The blending of these two sets of sound waves through constructive interference (or is it destructive interference...?) is what causes you to hear it differently than others around you do.

And yeah. I once scared myself when i thought someone used my voice recorder. it turned out it was my own voice.

Cheers. Another year wasted.

I HATE school. it leaves you with no time to chase your own personal goals and ambitions.

i just got shocked, when i first heard my own recorded voice.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 68 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.