Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 More Than Rivals wallpaper - Minitokyo

More Than Rivals wallpaper

page 1 of 1 12 total items

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

Well...this is my frist time actually using this thread. I usually just post my wallpapers and just shrug it off if they get deleted. Doesn't really bother me. But...this wallpaper, it did. I had worked really hard on it and it was deleted with in an hour of submitting it. So I added more to the background and changed the sky some. So...would this be ok to submit as it is and stand a chance?

And for comparison, I have both of them here. Thanks.

New version
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/5919/sasunaruwallpaper2ko7.th.jpg

Old version
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9870/sasunaruwallpaper2am0.th.jpg

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

To be honest, I don't really see the difference between the old version and the new version except that the water is darker in the new one and there's a comet in the sky in the old one.
The water seems ok, though the sky is a bit clustered and the color of the stars don't go well with the color of the sky. I would work a soft light-blue cloud-and-moon background with small, white stars. The font is alright, though perhaps a bit too bold and too dark. The scan could use a bit of cleaning as well.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

zofus

zofus

zofus

i can see a difference, the water is greener, ad darker, also the sky seems different in cloud arangment. you already knew i liked the first one, so i like the secont too- anyway around it, people dedete really good work sometimes, and deleting this was wrong- i guess you just have to wait and see. also, the water being greener, gives it a more realistic look. i can't say it won't get deleted, if the first one did, but again, you'll just have to wait....

I am a proud member of the Sasuke-and-Naruto Club! Spread the SasuNaru <3 <3

BrokenWings-TrinityBlood

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I don't know if it's just me, but the water looks really quite realistic (almost photo sort of quality with a bit of a median) which is perhaps why this was deleted. (More specifically, this wallpaper doesn't really look all that finished, actually, in terms of detail)
In general, the scan doesn't really blend in with the background- the lighting hasn't been considered (it's so dark yet they are so illuminated). I'd suggest tinkering around with saturation levels and hues on Photoshop (Image/Edit(?)> Adjustments> Hue/Saturation) The scans are simply very warm coloured, whilst the background is extremely blue and cool- so we might need to balance these out ^_^ It'll also help blending ^_^

Downloading sets of fonts is a great idea and then installing them on your computer. The font seems a bit default at the moment and there could be some other great font which might work a bit better- and as mentioned, a lighter colour will work better.

Last but not least composition, they always say that the best compositions are in thirds- I think the horizon is a bit too high up and can be moved down a bit so the top third is sky. Or alternatively, the bottom third is water and top two thirds can be sky.
And don't forget water reflections ! ;) These can be done with another layer of water on top with dodged bits with highlights (and then set that layer to another blending mode), or with brushes- a simple X shaped brush you can find in the default brushes can work well.

Hope that was of some help! ^^

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

Thanks for the idea's and advice you guys. I'll bring up an updated version, when I've made some changes. I appreciate the help.

merged: 01-21-2007 ~ 03:48pm
Ok...here's the newest version of this wallpaper. I changed the sky all together, and lowered the skyline. I also played around with the Hue/Saturation a little. I'm not sure if I did enough to it. *shrugs* I've changed the color of the main font, but I'm thinking about removing it all together. Hopefully this is better than the other two.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. :)

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9104/sasunaruwallpaper27ll.th.jpg

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

This looks a lot nicer in terms of blending :D True, the font probably could go (because I still can't really read it >.< And if you were to keep it I'd move it down to be level with the guy's white fur on his top and change the font)
Water is still a little realistic (perhaps play around with the noise> median 2 pixels to get a more painted effect). And perhaps maybe a bit of mist at the horizon? You could probably paint your own mist with a normal round brush and then blurring it with filters and playing around with the opacity settings. The opacity shouldn't be more than 15%.
Out of curiosity, I wonder why you removed the stars? :o

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

Ok...I worked on making the water more...painted like, just as kuroimisa said. I also added some mist along the back...between the skyline and water. Um...added more stars, since the small and faded ones didn't look right by themselves. So, I added bigger stars that have been faded out some. Um...darkened the image a tad more, since the wallpaper had darkened up a little. Oh, and I got rid of the annoying text...the longer I looked at it, it just didn't fit in with the wallpaper. So...I think that's everything.
Here's the newest verstion....

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4163/sasunaruwallpaper25qs.th.jpg

Signature Image

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

inuaichan
ne nee ^^ it looks much better nao ^^ if yr worried about the naruchan an sasu kun being too light kompared to the background... i think.... it might be bekuz the white part on naruchan's shirt.... maybe if you wer to make it a grey it would blend in better with the background ^^ but its very nice an you shouldnt change a thing if you dont want to! im so proud of you XD!
m.i.a. ^^

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

The water still looks a little too much like a photograph. I see that you did reduce the characters' saturation so they look darker, but I agree with the comment above me, that you need to make Naruto's white fur less white. I suggest painting it a little blue rather than gray, and using the burn tool and dodge tool to give it some shadow variation.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

Ok...I've changed the fur to a light blue, like sailorchiron suggested. But, I haven't changed anything else. As for the water, I know it looks like a photograph. But, that's what I wanted...I wanted it to look fairly real. So, what does everyone think of this now?

Updated version
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3095/sasunaruwallpaper2vx5.th.jpg

Signature Image

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Looks good! I really would suggest you do a slight gaussian blur on the water so that it still looks real but matches the sky and the characters. PS...are they a couple in the anime? Or is this like Gundam Wing, were everyone finds reasons why they might be couples? ;)

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Hmmm yeah that looks a lot better :D I still recommend downloading some mist or cloud brushes (then blurring it) and putting some mist above the water. That way you can sort of tell where the sky starts.

And the scan can be moved a teeny bit to the left ;) Doesn't have to be so much to the right and it can fill up the wallpaper a bit more :)

Signature

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.