Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Strawberry Panic vs Maria Sama - Minitokyo

Strawberry Panic vs Maria Sama

Tagged under Strawberry Panic!

Wich is better? (in your opinion)

Strawberry Panic!
20 votes
Maria Sama
10 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Ok in my last post I noutice that most of you like Maria Sama rather than SP(Strawberry panic!)..well I would like to know why?

My opinion:
SP has a..well its more ""open"" to the relation ships betwen girls..and Maria sama...well is not.
I just what you to notice that..the style is different, the fact that the stories run into a catholic school it doesn't means that they have to be similar.

Differences..
SP is just about girls..in none of the chapters is a men..and in Maria Sama well there is..Sachiko's cousing and Yumi's brother(it is not to relevant but there are guys)..well as I say before SP it is more ""open"" to girl-girl relations...

Similar stuff
Bouth are place in catholic schools..bout animes have over 20 episods etc..

So...tell me!:\

NOTE: Do not mention other animes, I'm just askin about this two! clear? -_-

STRAWBERRY PANIC! vs MARIA SAMA

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Strawberry Panic more open about lesbian relationships than Marimite? If you mean it's because there are female on female sexual assaults in Strawberry Panic as compared to MariMite, then yes, Strawberry Panic is definitely more "open". On another topic, whether there are male characters present in a show is pretty irrelevant regarding yuri relationships, isn't it? (In fairness, the lack of male characters in Strawberry Panic isn't because of some sexist anti-male issue. The entire show just takes place on an all-girl's school that seems to be located in a little more secluded area than the school in MariMite.) Nevertheless, if there's even just ONE scene hinting that just about any girl-to-girl relationship would be terribly wrong because they are girls, then I would certainly like to hear about it. (And yes, I've seen all of both MariMite and Strawberry Panic.)

Personally, I found MariMite to be vastly superior compared to Strawberry Panic. Not only are they going far more indepth on the various characters on the show, but the episodes are much more cleverly written. Also, side characters are utilized far more in the show instead of being relegated to the role of squealing fangirls. In other words, the show isn't just Yumi and Sachiko and nothing BUT Yumi and Sachiko.

Oh, and for the record, one of the girls in MariMite actually fell in love with a man (or at least showed great interest in him.) I wonder how the millitant yuri-fansquad felt about that. :P

So yeah, that's my vote and opinion: MariMite is far, far better than Strawberry Panic.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

That could seemingly be the question of the day... although it's an easy one to answer. MariMite was vastly superior to Strawberry Panic. Don't get me wrong I loved Strawberry Panic but MariMite just had a better ambiance to it. I believe the story telling and the actual attraction the each individual character was far better portrayed in MariMite while Strawberry Panic depended more on heave drama to push along the plot.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

I have never seen MARIA SAMA, but watching the 1st episode of SP kinda made me feel dirty....haven't seen all of SP but i have the episodes.

Who knows I may get around to watching them someday.

It's odd because I don't get that feeling when watching ecchi or whatever, just SP....*shrugs*

I have never seen this maria-sama thing and I`m sure I like SP more! I only saw some maria-sama pictures and i don`t like them!

I recomend watching Strawberry Panic Because Maria-sama is just too seirous.

I think it depends on who you are. i personally like Strawberry Panic better because Shizuma and Nagisa got togther in the end and that doesn't happen in Yuri anime often. noteable, though, i have not seen the second season of Maria-sama so i don't really know how it ends.

However, being a fan of plot and character develpoment, from what i've watched Maria-sama is just as developed as SP.

I say watch them both and see for yourself. they are bother VERY good.

SP is good. But Marimite is better imo.

I have seen both and in my opinion Strawberry Panic is superior in terms of yuri relationships and overall depth of the series. Marimite, however, seem to be more complex, but it lacks any overt girl*girl relationships.

Strawberry Panic is better because it's pretty funny as well as romantic. Marimite is a little slow, at least the 2 eps i saw before I got sick of hunting for them (darned ova's I want the ****ing 1st season).

The manga for SP is vastly superior to the anime itself. The anime never explained the Etoile elections or anything. The manga actually shows the girls competing.

kotrapharma

kotrapharma

a game freak

hmmm...
it's hard to choose... :\
because i love both of this anime.
i love strawberry penic because there's yuri inside it, ^_^'
and i love maria-sama ga miteru because the story are simple and i love this kind of genre. :D

nga nga nga :pacman:

hayashinomura

hayashinomura

Freelance Artist

I better choose SP than Mamiteru since SP more interesting cause it's funny and romantic at the same time (even it's yuri). Mamiteru look slow and serious for me -_-

Strawberry Panic is more appealing to me.Don't really like the bishoujo art of Marimite

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.