Alright I just watched ep 17 of Kanon's remake and saw the preview for ep 18. Personally I was quite bothered about the titles of each ep. Mostly because of the music reference it's tied to.
Kanon Episode Title(1-18):
1. Silver Overture ~Overture~
2. Introit amidst the snow ~Introit~
3. Partita without memory ~Partita~
4. Caprice over the break ~Caprice~
5. Demons' Serenade ~Serenade~
6. Divertimento filled with mystery ~Divertimento~
7. Runaway and kitty's Fugue ~Fugue~
8. Fantasia of Recollection ~Fantasia~
9. Baby fox's Berceuse ~Berceuse~
10. Requiem atop the Hill ~Requiem~
11. Intermezzo of light and shadow ~Intermezzo~
12. Deviant Waltz ~Waltz~
13. Dangerous Trio ~Trio~
14. Fragmented Concerto ~Concerto~
15. Sonatina of Hide and Seek ~Sonatina~
16. Midnight Oratorio ~Oratorio~
17. Lieder Ohne Worte of older and younger sisters ~Lieder Ihne Worte~
18. Disappearing Adagio ~Adagio~
Each title has a refeerence to various music pieces, melodies or terms. The title itself is a reference to Pachelbel's
Canon in D. In ep 14 of Kanon Sayuri explains about her veiws of the musical piece:
"It repeats the same melody and crescendos gradually, peacefully, and beautifully. It would be nice if life changed like that: slowly but surely, while being seemingly unchanged from day to day."
Which in turn reflects Yuuichi's life in the anime. Living everyday normally while slowly but surely, remembering the past.
What are your thoughts about the music references in the anime?
P.S. On a side note: I was watching Static Subs and Eclipse ver. of Kanon, so what Sayuri says might be different.