Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think Yagami Light (from death note) is a bad guy? - Minitokyo

Do you think Yagami Light (from death note) is a bad guy?

Do you agree with what Yagami Light is doing?

Yes
5 votes
No
7 votes
Yes and No
9 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

mukumuku

mukumuku

I am me

I didn't watch the anime series but I watch the movie.

Well, Light or Kira kills criminals but at the same time, he is being catch by police and said that he is a bad guy because he kills people.

L (My fav character!) and polices also catches criminals and some criminals will be put to death. But they are refer as good people.

So what do you people think? Is Kira wrong in killing criminals (don't include him killing FBI) or he is doing the right thing?

I'd say he is doing the right thing. Killing criminals is like the best possible thing anyone could do if they found a death note. The police are probably just upset because they don't want to lose their jobs.

Well,he can't really be called a bad guy.I mean,his motive is good but his way is wrong.But then again,those criminals DO deserve what they get.Justice frm the court can be quite disappointing sometimes.

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

he's worst than the criminals he's killin'. no one has the right to take anothers life (even if the one you're "passing judgment upon" is a murderer). on top of that, he thinks of himself as a god, which suggests he's got a few screws loose.
what about the "legal" executions? well, they should be banned. there have been cases in which innocent people were trialed and executed and even if they were guilty, you can't decide who lives and who dies.
and yes, justice from court can be disappointing, but what would happen if everybody would take justice in their own hands?
and no vutant, the poice aren't upset about loosing their jobs. without them, light wouldn't know who's commiting crimes, would he?

Light Yagami for me is not a bad guy. He's doing the right thing.
The reason is that justice can be somewhat hard to reach especially
if you're poor. Take my homeland for example, here, in the Philippines.
If you're a victim of a crime here, you'd better hope that the suspect
is poorer than you when the both of you are summoned to court
(The reason is that the richer one always win). Ever since the death penalty was
abolished, the incidence of rape, homicide, mugging and other petty crimes has increased
dramatically. Criminals are not afraid anymore. Anyway, it would be great if there is a real
"death note". We need something that will make evildoers think twice about what they're doing.
If i had a death note, my targets would be terrorists(i had a relative that died on 9/11)
and people on the wanted lists.

Shadowmancer1989

Shadowmancer1989

Datte Bayo

I think he's pretty bad. Some of the criminals he kills are just common thieves, and while it's true that the really bad ones get what they deserve, some don't deserve death. Furthermore, Light was all too willing to kill innocent people who got in the way of his twisted fantasy. T.T I miss L.

Good morning starshine, the earth says hello!
Signature Image

both L and Raito is a bad guy
they just follow their high ego
i think both of them so selfish
Raito think if he kill all villain in the world
world will change into something new with peace
but he didn't notice that when all villain remain killed
he will be the villain at last
L is the same
don't you see L use Lindsay L. Taylor
as him to trace Raito
and Raito kill Lindsay, not the real L
well both of them is bad guy

Naiisie

Naiisie

Drop-A-Stitch

I think that at the start Light's intentions were good, but then he got so wrapped up in trying to be God (and trying not to get caught) that it just wrecked it and made him go all crazy =/. It's true that no one has the right to kill another human, but is a murderer really worth calling a human? Light is the same, he is also a murderer but he uses his 'passing judgement' as an excuse. Well yeah i think he is a bad guy who is a bit nuts.

However altruistic Light's intentions seemed, I do not think that he was ever that good a person. Even at the start he seemed rather apathtic about killing. That alone demonstrated his contempt for human life. His dark side was also obvious when he killed Lind L. Taylor (thinking he was L) purely out of spite when Taylor threatened him. As the manga progressed he became increasingly malevolent, to a point where he was willing to kill his own father. Consider also his treatment of Misa throughout the manga, manipulating her and playing on her love w/o any regard whatsoever. I think that Light is a completely cold person, who has simply deluded himself into thinking that he is moral, that his cause is justified, and that he is deserving of godhood. He thinks he is good when in reality he is quite evil.

i didn't think of yagami as bad realy, he starts out with good intentions, then he goes and just outa spite, kills "l" who turned out to be lind l taylor, who threatened him on live tv, then later on light gets caught up in trying to create his on utopia with him as god, claiming he was justice and passing judgement on "criminals" as an excuse to kill...he just turned really cold...he was actually outsmarting L and the police in the beginning...i guess somewhere along the story his i.q. dropped and that's why

Spoiler (show)

he slipped up with near in the end, and he himself was killed

:\

You, sir, have successfully managed to rape the entire English language with one sentence. Congratulations.

Light is juz a normal human being who so happens to be exeptionally smart. He has no right to play around with human lives. His thought alone of being god in his man made world by commiting sin is proof he isnt such a good guy. Also he has killed police n FBI agent who were hunting for him further proves hes a bad guy.

varrent

varrent

Raito Varrent

Light is just a human, a normal human being who has dreams. Just think of it, if we had the death note, what will we do? I think most of us will do the same right? But still I don't agree with him, he is attempting to be a 'god'. By killing all villain in the world, he wishes to create an utopia, a peaceful world everyone dremed of. He did it for a good reason, but in a wrong way.
And it goes the same for L, he did anything to catch 'kira'. Both of them are childish.

i wouldn't call him a bad guy, though i don't think he is any hero either.

Signature

mukumuku

mukumuku

I am me

Quote by varrentLight is just a human, a normal human being who has dreams. Just think of it, if we had the death note, what will we do? I think most of us will do the same right? But still I don't agree with him, he is attempting to be a 'god'. By killing all villain in the world, he wishes to create an utopia, a peaceful world everyone dremed of. He did it for a good reason, but in a wrong way.
And it goes the same for L, he did anything to catch 'kira'. Both of them are childish.

I agrre with you in Light being normal human being and stuff and L being childish but, If I did found a death note, I will not use it. I won't the same thing that Light did ^^
because I am afraid to kill people. That is just me

he's just a guy who got the power to dismiss every bad people n somehow he misuse it just to cover his own tracks.. but if no one thinks what he's doing is wrong, he wouldn't misuse it either.. before L came along, he didn't kill anyone else BUT the convicts.. he COULD make the world a better place, but a world without crimes is impossible, dun u think?

*squinching at the thought of how DAMN sweet L's food are.. yeuch!*

brownie45

scarecrow

not everyone is bad at heart. i think the anime glorifies that side that all these murderers cannot be turned back.

for example i shoot someone because i'm desperate but i'm extremely sorry and i vow to make it up by devoting myself to a cause. i think that is redemption but killing them out cold is merciless.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled with convincing the world he didnt exist

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.