Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 God's Power... - Minitokyo

God's Power...

Can he?

Yes
18 votes
No
21 votes
Head explodes
20 votes

Only members can vote.

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 173 total items

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

oh c'mon, that's juzt a word-game!
it's not important question to ask, but if u read the bible maybe u would find the answer.

Signature

Technically, yes, because as an omnipotent being unbound by the normal laws of the universe, he can, in theory, perform feats that defy all logic.

But I voted 'No', because i do not believe he exists, and thus he is unable to surpass his own power.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by EspadaTechnically, yes, because as an omnipotent being unbound by the normal laws of the universe, he can, in theory, perform feats that defy all logic.
But I voted 'No', because i do not believe he exists, and thus he is unable to surpass his own power.

It isn't the normal laws of the universe we are talking about. We're talking about logic. Can a number be greater than itself? In other words, can 5 be greater than 5?

5>5 ?

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

u think as humans do
God isnt, dont think that He thinks like a human, who have limits

Signature

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by priincessu think as humans do

It's not about thought we're talking about. It's power.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

I think its one of those questions that are unanswerable. This truly will not have a right answer....until we die anyway and make it to heaven....which some of us might be struggling to do right now...

The reason why it's unanswerable is because it's a paradox...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by priincessu think as humans do

It's not about thought we're talking about. It's power.

no, it's logic

Signature

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Logic would denote that 5 > 5 is a false statement.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

uhh wutever..
actually i dunno wut r u guys talkin bout

Signature

Please actually think before posting... priincess, at the moment, you're just spamming, you're not putting any thought into what you're post and you're not contributing anything to the thread.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by priincessuhh wutever..
actually i dunno wut r u guys talkin bout

Read the original post.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

okay...
i think that we sometimes cant understand wut He has done fo' us, like, why there must be crimes in this world, n why He let us? we cant think the answer bcoz our minds have limits. that's what i'm talking about.

Signature

Quote: okay...
i think that we sometimes cant understand wut He has done fo' us, like, why there must be crimes in this world, n why He let us? we cant think the answer bcoz our minds have limits. that's what i'm talking about.

Umm... we were talking about god's power, not what god is doing...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

samu02

Back to Basics

What would be the point? He's God. And besides, He is all power, right. It wouldn't be comprehensible to think that there is anything higher than all powerful.

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

That makes me wonder... if god is omnipotent, omniscient, etc... then can it make another god? XD Just curious... :P

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

God can do anything which not against His nature. as long as it isnt a sin, He can
thats wut i think XD

Signature

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by DarkRoseofHellThat makes me wonder... if god is omnipotent, omniscient, etc... then can it make another god? XD Just curious... :P

Could he create other Gods more powerful than himself? *Rubs chin* If he can, does that mean that God's powers truly aren't infinite? And if he can't, then that means they have a limit! *GASP*

Puddl3

Puddl3

The Vampiric Fork

Quote by priincessGod can do anything which not against His nature. as long as it isnt a sin, He can
thats wut i think XD

I believe that is completely wrong... God is all the omni-s. Meaning He can do anything. The thing is, I believe, He won't deliberately break his laws because that goes against his character(nature). He can, but He won't.

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by DarkRoseofHellThat makes me wonder... if god is omnipotent, omniscient, etc... then can it make another god? XD Just curious... :P

Could he create other Gods more powerful than himself? *Rubs chin* If he can, does that mean that God's powers truly aren't infinite? And if he can't, then that means they have a limit! *GASP*

Yeah... I guess He could make another God... Not sure why He'd want to do that... I mean look at the Greek/Roman Gods... You put a couple of them together and they start killing each other. Yeah... I don't think he'd want to do that...

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by priincess
If u arent Christians, u can read bible too, that's not a sin.
bcoz it's better than not reading it.
yeah, He knows that there's no questions He cant answer. is it a paradox too? -_-' bcoz He starts evrything, so how come He's asking bout wut He does? He knows wut will He does next, plans r so clear in His minds, so wut r questions for? yep, He's undestructible, n why He wants to destruct Himself? that's a weird question.

So if he knows that there is no question he can't answer then he isn't omni-scient since he can't know of a question he doesn't know. Catching my drift?
And I'm not saying that he would want to destroy himself, I'm asking if he could.

You're just trying to sound intelligent (sorry for the Liberal tearing down your debatee part there, just how I saw it) by using a 'clever' little paradox... If God is omniscient why does there have to be a question in existence he doesn't know the answer to?

Oh, and somebody mentioned this earlier... They questioned calling God, He.
We are talking about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God who is believed to have written the Bible. Well in the Bible, there a numerous counts of God being called the Father. Meaning He, is not a woman. Otherwise why would He call himself the Father of Jesus or even our Father in his own book.

I see you're wondering about my nationality. I'm Chinese. And I have a charming dispositions. That is, until someone pulls that old crack about Confucius Say, at which I go completely berserk and bite little children.

Okay... ummm... ask the question to god this. "If you know everything, what do you not know?" Either way the reply is something that it doesn't know...

Assuming that god exists, it could be anything... it could be an alien, it could be this cute cuddly panda bear. Why does god have to be of the bible and be of our image? If god is to be of our image, then that really means that we made god in our image, not the other way around because of our human egos...

merged: 09-07-2007 ~ 09:29am
Oh and also, I believe god "inspired" people to write the bible, not that god itself wrote the bible... which makes the bible flawed because we are flawed...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Puddl3

Puddl3

The Vampiric Fork

wait... since when is God of our image?... there are billions of different Gods... I thought the God of the Bible was the one we were speaking of... He's the only one I know of who is only referred to as either God or on strangely very rare occasion... I Am.

"If you know everything, what do you not know?"
That's a fancy little way of wording that... hmm... Good one there... this might take a bit of pondering...
well...
Nothing...
He doesn't know nothing...
He does know everything...
That's not stating that he knows nothing or that there is something he doesn't know... it's merely stating that there is nothing he doesn't know...

Of course Inspired people to write the bible... the Ten Commandments are the things he wrote with his own finger... but that doesn't make the Bible flawed, we are flawed, but through God, and through Christ we are made perfect... is that not the biblical belief... meaning, God/Christ was working through these men to write the bible and therefore they were able to create something perfect, rather something flawed like they are without God.

I see you're wondering about my nationality. I'm Chinese. And I have a charming dispositions. That is, until someone pulls that old crack about Confucius Say, at which I go completely berserk and bite little children.

Actually, simply stating, saying it knows nothing means that god doesn't know nothing... It means that god doesn't know nothing, period... nothing, could be a concept, could be an actual abandon of something.

WHOOO WE'RE PERFECT... so why are there so many problems in this world if we're perfect? Ten Commandments... sure... how did it write the Ten Commandments? Tell me that, I thought god went by moses... not itself...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Puddl3

Puddl3

The Vampiric Fork

Okay now you're just trying too hard... seriously... you're taking everything too a ridiculous level. answering that question with, "Nothing." if you are both speaking the English language means exactly that. There is nothing He does not know. Nothing is not a concept, nothing is not an abandon of something... whatever that could possibly mean... nothing is, a pronoun, meaning not anything; no single thing. It is a word.

What?! I never said we are perfect... How did he write them? with His finger... that's all that book tells you.... and you completely lost me on the Moses thing... do me a favor, and pick up a bible for a minute or two before you try and disprove it.

What, if you don't know nothing, then that means you don't know it. Its that simple. It means you don't know what nothing is... Nothing isn't a pronoun, nothing is a noun... If you don't know what nothing is, then that mean he isn't omniscient. Pretty much any Omni-XXXX are full of paradoxes, this is one of them.

Wait... how did god write them? No, it didn't write it by its hands... it never did. It never showed itself. Seriously if I remember correctly, its Moses whom told about the Ten Commandments... saying its from god, etc... Its not what to disprove in the bible, its what to prove in the bible. I can say that nothing in the bible happened because of divine intervention, you can refute, but you have absolutely no proof of it.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 173 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.