Anyone interested?

Group announcement by

How interested would you be in a contest?

Not interested.
1 votes
Possibly interested/in-between.
0 votes
Very interested.
1 votes
Interested, but no time to write.
3 votes
Depends on the topic/theme/rules.
5 votes
Other (please specifiy in a comment).
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Cancel

Hello to one and all!

I wanted to apologize for the lack of... well, any kind of activity going on here in Poetry-Corner recently. I don't know about everyone else, but life tends to get hectic during the school year for me, and that leaves less time free for forums and sometimes even writing.

As was pointed out to me recently, it's my job as one of the administrators of the group to try to keep things interesting for the group members. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing a good job of that over the past few months.

So I've a question I'd like to pose to you, the members:

Are you interested in having a contest of sorts?

I'm trying to send out a probe, seeing who might be interested, willing, and/or able to participate if we sponsored a contest right now. In the past, we haven't had too many people participate in the contests, and I don't know if it's due to disinterest, inability to write to a pre-determined theme, lame themes/topics chosen, lack of information sent out by group management, insecurity in posting work, etc.

Any kind of feedback is welcome; thanks in advance!

- CLAMPchic

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

• Jan 30, 2007

gilesaquil

gilesaquil

honora medicum

Cancel

Hey; it's good to see some activity going on.
I am very much interested to join, but unfortunately (well, as you yourself mentioned as well) I fear I don't have the time to write...we're having the final stretch of University activities (I'm graduating this year! HAHAHA!), with thesis, oral exams, and 200-point tests galore! Plus duties at my clinical rotations until mid-March...
We expect to be done by then, March or so. So, perhaps we can have a contest at that time? Haha...
Or it'd be up to you. Wasn't able to join the last contest of Poetry-Corner...haha. ^^
Oh well, nice to hear from you again. ^^ Till next time.

• Jan 30, 2007

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

Cancel

she needs new admins who are actually active, but she isn't much herself.

contest please.

Cancel

Such things are good.

I must say that, I have writen a little bit, however I can't say that I have finished much in the way of anything except school work.

Perhaps a general poetry contest would work, then?

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

Cancel

I guess it depends on the topic for me as my writing tends to learn towards day to day urban life and society in general. But for the most part I don''t post much because past experiences have shown me that urban/ slam/ rap/ hip hop oriented material is generally looked down upon by the anime and poetry and community.

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

• Jan 31, 2007

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Cancel

Sure. I've got kind of a long one going right now that I haven't actually finished yet and still needs revision. Maybe a general poetry contest would be good. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Cancel

its due to MT's changes and people leaving cause of them... and me being muted, it sent some ppl over to other areas of interest xDDDDDDDD

ps: I'd participate as long as I have the freedom to write however I want.

-repeat-

• Feb 02, 2007

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Cancel

I'd like to enter something, actually i think some kind of 'motivation' or theme might help me get into the mood (because i haven't been writing anything for sooo long).
The problem being exams next week, and a lot of work at the hospital / med school ^_^' (but i would be able to somehow manage).
I think we can have maybe 2 sections in the upcoming event, one 'theme-based', and one 'free-based', so those who don't feel adequate to enter the 'theme-based' part but still want to participate can.

• Feb 06, 2007

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.