Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 deleted original abstract - Minitokyo

deleted original abstract

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

some time ago, distorted (mt link) got deleted. don't kow when or why because i didn't get a notification (if i had, i would have complained earlier). my question is: why did it get deleted? and don't come with the reasons "it wasn't finished" (because it was and it turned out as i wanted it) or "there's no proof it was created by you" (it is, believe me).
here's another link to the pic distorted (photobucket link).

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

well here are the policies on doujinshis

1. Submissions must have a minimum of six-hundred-thousand (600,000) pixels.
2. Members may only submit their own work.
3. Doujinshi must feature a manga, anime, or game-related character or drawn in the style typically associated with manga and anime. Abstract art must be non-realistic.
4. All artwork must meet a certain standard of quality, to be unconditionally determined by the moderators. As such, unfinished artwork, doodles, and quick sketches are not permitted for submission.
5. Member also may not submit drawings done on lined notebook paper or other unsuitable stationery as such submissions do not professionally present the artwork.
6. All doujinshi submissions must be properly scanned using a scanner. Members may not submit digital camera pictures of drawings or low quality scans of artwork. Moderators reserve the right to determine the quality of the image and will delete images of low clarify or resolution.
7. Members may not submit vectors of official logos in and of themselves.

Im not very big on doujinshi, so I cant be exactly sure, but judging from the size that you hosted on photobucket, you might be breaking the minimum size rule. but sometimes photobucket reduces the image size..so you might want to double check that. Soo...the size might be the reason why it was deleted

merged: 02-01-2007 ~ 06:19am
oh also, im not saying that you didnt draw it or anything, but it might be a good idea to have your signature on that somewhere..and a good description for it too

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

starrliteangel
1. image size matched.
2. yep, it was mine.
3. look at the face. can't say that's realistic or picasso, can you? i'm only able to do manga related features. still gotta work on realistic.
4. already stated it's finishe, dunno about what the mods think.
5. plain white paper, no lines, nuffin...
6. scanned with my own scanner, 300dpi.
7. not a logo or myself.

photobucket always resizes pics if they have more than 800x600 px. mt is the only place i use the id etoo, everywhere else it's demon_kourai, so a sig is meaningless. the description might work...

edit:
now i've received the notification, not that it gives a clear reason...

Quote: The artwork/doujinshi you have submitted entitled distorted was removed from Minitokyo because it was deemed not to be a clearly planned art piece. Please only submit work that you have finished to a certain degree and show effort and planning. In-progress works are not allowed.

The artwork/doujinshi you have submitted may have also appeared to have been traced and not hand-drawn. Please only submit items that you have drawn by yourself and not by copying another's work.

Also bear in mind that uploading pictures taken with a camera results in poor uploads- please scan your doujinshi.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

While I was not the one who deleted it I can see why it was. It looks very simplistic and "unfinished". If that was your intention, then you should put that in your description. I'm not referring to you when I say this, but we do get a lot of simplistic looking artworks with poor descriptions (which usually lead us to believe that they didn't spend much time/put much effort into it). Also, don't forget there's always the Sandbox! You can submit your artwork there first if you are unsure if it will get deleted and get some feedback there. Hope I was able to answer your question! If you have any other ones, feel free to PM me!

Signature Image

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

thank you, fireflywishes for answering my question. i will take care next time i submit a drawing with an "unfinished look".

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Abstract art can sometimes be more difficult to pull off, and sometimes difficult to swallow. Not all abstract art is 'good'. In this case, the reason for deletion was two-fold. If you're going to attempt something new, you should, at the least, have more than one sentence for your description to explain something about the piece aside from that it is your first attempt-- particularly because the art is not at all self-explanatory. Not that all abstract art need to be fully understood, but given the typical anime art style of the rest of the MT gallery, it was your responsibility to put a bit more effort into at least the description. Also, quite frankly, I don't see all that much experimentation in it aside from the basic form of the figure. Something does not suddenly become good abstract art because you distort it. This again ties into the lack of description, but if you had put in something more about the origins of this particular distortion, it may have flied. If you're going for the unfinished look, why? What led to the distortion? What is it about the unfinished look that makes the piece better? etc.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.