Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 When is considered late to reply to a thread? - Minitokyo

When is considered late to reply to a thread?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

I always have problem with replying to old threads in forums, uncertain whether it's right to post to a thread or not. So please someone give me directions in posting. I noticed several times that members were reminded by moderators to not post anything when the thread was left for quite sometime without any posts. Are there any time limitation for each thread in forums? Can I reply as long as the thread is open even if it's an old thread?

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

From what I've seen of Moderators reminding, if the last post is over 4 weeks old and you reply, it's considered "bumping". After 4 weeks, apparently it's alright to create a new thread on the subject.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Going off of what Chloe-chan said, yes, 4 weeks since the last post is usually the cut off. Unless you have something new to add to the discussion (such as new information/your own opinion, etc.) Comments such as "I agree with so and so" or one word replies are not considered to be valid reasons for bumping an old thread. Hope that answers your question!

Signature Image

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

If you see an old thread that you'd like to post in but it's been dead for a while (as firefly said, usually 4 weeks), feel free to create a fresh new thread on the same topic. It won't be considered a duplicate thread.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

I'd say after about a week then a reply is late.

Thank you :)

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.