Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 opinions on sad angel - Minitokyo

opinions on sad angel

page 1 of 1 13 total items

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

combined two drawings, some patterns and brushes (unfortunately they don't really show XD) and got this lill thing. i don't really like how she turned out (especially hate the wings), but there is something about her that makes me like her, maybe the expression... decided that normal coloring would be boring and she'd look good with some trees somewhere in the background. thus, made the wallpaper :D.
decided to try drawing that particular type of clothes, even if i know they won't turn out ok.. so, gimme your opinions. me's waiting :D.
oh, and for those who are wondering, mt is an id exception. the one i usually use is the one on the wallie.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/848/sadangelpi0.th.png

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

just to make sure..you do know that the minimum size requirements for wallpapers on MT is 1024x768 right?

I think the colors in the background are really pretty..but they dont really match the rest of the wallpaper that well. The girl is colored with cool colors (like blue, green and white) and the bare trees suggest that it might be winter. (and the girl looks rather winter-ish with the boots and long sleeve)
however, the leaves in the bg look more springtime-ish. Personally, in my opinion i think blues, greens, and purples in the background would work much better. Some snow falling might look nice too, since the wall looks a little simple. Ive never done a doujinshi/wall so I cant give you much advice, and I do more landscape wallpapers rather than ones with a abstract/pattern bg. But with the trees you have in the background, I'd say a snowy landscape might fit better than an abstract bg.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

ether92

ether92

Missing that little Devil.

Hmmm....
very artistic, I like it :nya: .

Signature
Hey... I was wondering, maybe after we die... will there be... cake?

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

starrliteangel
i designed it like an end of autumn background, hence the leaves (the pattern used for them is called "autumn leaves" XD).
dunno about the colors not fitting. i wanted a contrast between the two, to make the viewer not know where to look first, the background or the girl, even if the girl is the one standing out. well, i hope you understand what i was trying to say.
i think that an autumn background suits her more than an winter one. maybe cuz i look at autumn as the season of sadness, melancholy, etc and at winter as the season of dancing fluffy white snowflakes and snowball fights :D.
and yes, i know the minimum.... i'm missing only 2 pixels XD (1024x766), but i'll resize it if it'll be deemed good enough for the gallery.

ether92
thank you, i'm glad you like it.

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

etoo-chan! You're wallpaper is very different. I especially like the bg work and the trees. :) You're idea to draw the viewers vision in many directions worked. My attention was drawn to everything at different times. I like the autumn bg too; I think, the angel would have been lost in a winter style bg. With this bg, she stands out.

Nice work all around. ;)

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

uzumakinoai

UzumakiNoAi Nya

i think bekuz you want to hav kontrast between the girl an the background... you should design the background like henna artwork? yr trees already look the part... so if you make the background mor intricate than the girl [who looks mor simple bekuz the autumn-y bg] she will stand as out well as the trees ^^ ne? of kourse... thats jus wat i wz thinking ^^ you dont hav to do it ^^
m.i.a. ^^

rorry

rorry

lineage&anime addict

well..let's start: your whole drawing looks empty...i undestand, the angel is sad...but what i see in your drawing is nothingness(if that word exists^^") rather than sadness...the background doesn't mach your character..it's like it can't fins it's place...perhaps that's why the angel is sad:)

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Well, I'm not a waller, but since you asked I"ll give my two cents worth. ;) For me your wallie seems very plain. I like uzumakinoai's idea of using the trees for the background... like a henna design. I think something more monotone (or sepia toned) would work better to show the sadness. Did you design the angel character? (if you did I can probably give you more feedback on that than the wall in general... ^_^') The angel stands out a little too much as well... I would try to shade the wings a little more so that they don't look so flat. Also work on the hands. I know hands are the devil to draw, but the ones that she has look more like flippers.

Signature Image

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

fireflywishes & uzu-chan
the trees are part of the background (sorry for not mentioning that so far ^-^') and i designed the rest to somehow fit with them... aparently i made them stand out too much, i realised that just now -.-'. what do you understand by henna artwork cuz the only thing that comes to my mind when saying that are the henna bodyart that people from certain parts of the world do.

fireflywishes
first: thank you for taking the time to comment. *hugs*
second: yes, the angel is my creation (as well as the trees for that matter). any tips on drawing her are more than apreciated (but please don't tell me to try drawing feathers on her wings, cuz i can't. i just suck at angel wings >.<) *bows*.
when i scanned her, part of the coloring was lost (that explains the very flat and different colored wings).
also, i did not draw her the hands. the "flippers" are actually the sleeves :D

Quote by rorrythe background doesn't mach your character..it's like it can't fins it's place...perhaps that's why the angel is sad :)

that's one point of view i did not consider when creating the wall, but it may be a valid one non the less XD. except coloring her in darker shades, do you have any other ideeas? each and every one will be taken into consideration.

inuai-chan
thank you *blush*

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

When we talk about henna we are referring to the bodyart. For me at least I was thinking instead of all of those different colors, maybe just putting the background in sepia tones (shades of brown) Example: Risako Sugaya 2 by timothysan or The Feeling by freaks

henna tattoo.

As for drawing the angel, since you are adverse to drawing feathers (even though it would be good practice!) just some shading in the right places would work. Something to make them look a little more 3-D. Here are a couple of different styles of drawing wings (angel):
coloured-pencil trial 005_heaven's by omocha
ore no tenshi in color by akira1234
Daikuro, Sachio, Takakami by Daikuro
Silver Wing by kimmy77
white summer angel by akachan

As for her sleeves, I think that adding some fold lines or having the tips of her fingers poking out might make them look a little less like flippers. ^_^'

Signature Image

mistyXninja

mistyXninja

DN Angel<3

Ummm..the wall seems kinda plain.You should also color in the trees and angel.And add snow cause your wall looks like a winter scene.You don't have to listen to me since I suck at making walls.

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

fireflywishes
thank you for gathering that material. it was useful but unfortunately i couldn't redraw her if my life depended on it *sigh*.

mistyXninja
as stated before, i used an autumn bg cuz it represents better sadness...

and, i bring you the second version of the wall... completely on red/brown tones XD. hopefully, it turned out better than the original wall. i also colored the trees, but the color variation doesn't really show *sigh*.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1908/sadangelil7.th.png

post your opinions and suggestions. i feed on them

zofus

zofus

zofus

i like the colors and the trees in it look nice ^^. the wings arn't too bad, but they would look nce wih feathers, and if they blended in more. i liked the way you did... ^^ pretty much eveything. like sme people said, it was kinda plain, but i think the colors in the back look really nice, so, it doesn't seem THAT plain with them.

I am a proud member of the Sasuke-and-Naruto Club! Spread the SasuNaru <3 <3

BrokenWings-TrinityBlood

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.