I just don't get it.....

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Cancel

Okay, I recently finished a video I've been working on all month, and I even got help from a top of the line video editor making it. As I progressed, I would show it to this person to see how it was coming along, and not put it out until she was satisfied. It's kinda like, this person was the teacher, and I was their student. And when I had finally impressed "The Teacher", if you will, The Teacher gave me the go ahead to unleash it. And I'm really proud of the work I've made, and I posted it at this one place, and people are saying things like:

"Well for starters: the overall synch was bad. And the song didn't fit the anime at all(you don't get the feeling the anime goes as fast as the song, so basically the tempo of the song was to high for the anime).

I don't feel like telling all outta synch moments.

Well, I also have a positive thing which is original use of anime 8) "

or:

"While your AMV was original and ok, I do have to agree with AGF-Antoine that the song didn't quite fit the anime / the scenes you used, and that the sync really could have been better.

anyway, I hope you do better on your next one."

and:

"the sync on this was BAD. It could have been so much better. I hope to see improvement on your next ones"

I can't fucking believe this shit! I busted my ass making this video, and even with the help of a pro, all I hear is that it's just OKAY? I'm not happy. No, I am MILES from happy. I bust my ass trying to make this look good, and when I finally do, all I hear from people is that it's just "Okay". What the hell must I do to be a well-respected editor by EVERYONE? I mean, I was already a good editor to begin with, but this person I've been working with has been helping me be a better one.

crsg

crsg

Artemis

Cancel

What can you do? People will have their own opinions on things, and in reality they are only being honest with what they genuinely think of the amv. Would you rather they lied and told you the amv was great when they didn't really think it? People are often inherently self-centered; they watch an amv and think of what -they- thought of the amv, not how much work must have gone into it.

Cancel

Hey, I know how you feel completely. People who have never edited before don't know how much it takes to do it. You spend all this time, pain, energy, tears, obscenities, and everything else it takes to make an AMV.

In the end, yes, it's great if everyone thinks you're awesome (who doesn't love praise?). But what's really important is if YOU are satisfied with it. No matter what you do, there are going to be some people who don't like it. You can't let those people get you down. If you feel that you're improving yourself, that means you probably are. Just keep working towards improving.

(If you don't mind my asking, what anime was it and what song?)

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Cancel

Hmmnn.. I would be nice to provide a link to a video. Although it may 'cause more negative comments that would offend you.

I can understand how you feel. It's like making your first wallpaper on MT, then getting your wallpaper deleted after all the hard work and effort you put into it.

Anyways, my question is, are you new at video making? If you are, the comments you got for it are understandable. You can't expect yourself to become a pro after you first few tries. It's impossible. As for your top of the line teacher, if you are new, he/she could be taking it a little easy on you to make the video easier to make, making the quality not as good.

If you've been making video's for a pretty long time now, I would be pretty pissed off in your position. But you gotta face the fact that you can't please everyone. If you think your video it the awsomest video in the world, then so be it. There will be the people that agree with you and the people that don't. You just have to deal with how other people think about your video.

This friend of yours could also have been not saying the truth. I myself, and I admitt, have made false comments on my friend's work. I can't really bring myself to tell my friend the imperfections 'cause I don't wan't to hurt my friends feelings. Plus this friend of mine is on the sensitive side. The top of the line vidieo editor could be doing the same thing as well. But don't blame it on them, nothing is perfect. After all, what would the world be without originality?

And about how you get your respect as an editor. It's something that you have to earn and work hard for. But sometimes you don't have to do as much, because all a person needs to do to get my respect is to be themselves and have a sense of what's right and what's wrong.

Cancel

You can show them that you're a really a pro by taking the good advice from their comments, even the disrepectful ones. That is a way to improve too. Don't stop working, don't get stuck in those comments neither. Keep on making videos! ^-^

May the Valar be with you!

• Feb 03, 2007
Cancel

The song I was using is supposed to be this timeless hard rock anthem, and I was trying to do it justice. That's why I looked to someone like this person for advice, because I watched two of that person's AMVs, and that person is great. Anyway, melymay:I've been making AMVs since 2001, but I never started making them on a computer until two years ago. I was already a good editor to begin with, but this person's been helping me be better than I was. Anyway, here's a link:

http://filexoom.com/files/2007/1/27/55844/Highway%20Star%20%284th%20Cut%29.mp4

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

Cancel

The problem with the Internet is that people are asses because they can be. However, their comments also aren't phrased in the form of constructive criticism; just criticism. So I definitely understand how this can crush anyone's ego - even pros. If the commenters aren't kind enough to leave you good, well-constructed feedback (That one guy is too lazy to take the time to list even one out-of-sync moment is more like it is what I say.) take what they say with a grain of salt...or maybe a block of salt...and then hit them over the head with it. XD
What I like to do when somebody says I suck at XxX is - gripe/feel hurt for a while, of course and then - >=( "Wtf?! What do they know!? I'll show 'em. I can make another XxX waaaaayyyy better than any they've ever seen before. I'll produce excellence in a way they can only dream about!" :angry: *ahem* In other words: I take what they've said that hurt my ego and use it against them; using their harsh comments as the undercurrent for my new-found resolve to do better. This works for me, but not everybody, so if it does work for you that's great. Also, we only get better and better with each attempt we make at XxX, so keep that in mind too. ;) Go for it! PROVE THEM WRONG! :) Buwhahahahahahaahahah!

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

Cancel

It's a fact that you can't please everyone, I've been there so I know that, but the main thing to me would be that I myself am satisfied. Of course getting the credit from other people is rewarding... But if people just say stuff like "Okay" it might be that they like it even more but they are just saying it out of jealousy or for other reasons, they just aren't that emotional... Or maybe only "wrong kind of" people have watched this video of yours.

• Feb 10, 2007
Cancel

Well, there are always the people who are impossible to please and are just a pain in the ass, so don't worry about it! If you let them get to you, they win! Well, I've never seen/heard any of your........Ok, never mind there's a link right there! Stupid me!

merged: 02-14-2007 ~ 11:08am
Ok, now that I've watched it, I have something to say: Unfortunately, those people were.........class A ASSHOLES! I'd like to see the make an AMV half as good! They can take their insults and shove it up their ass! Honestly, I'm pretty sure that they only said that because......well......they CAN! They can get away with anything since this is the internet! Just forget about them! They just don't have anything better to do with their time! Be proud of your AMV!

• Feb 14, 2007

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

Cancel

well ppl have diffirent opinions and well sry if i put it too bluntly , u will have to accept it the way they are and not to be stuck at the sam incident

Signature
I'm back! :D

• Mar 08, 2007
Cancel

you suck at making AMV. get used to it and stop whining scumbag.

• Mar 09, 2007

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.