Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Gallery Section - Minitokyo

New Gallery Section

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

After a long discussion among the moderators, we have come to the decision to add a new category to the scan gallery.
From now on, you can submit your monochrome scans to the Monochrome section of the scan gallery.
Please note that MT strives to maintain a standard of high quality in the scan gallery, so for now, the qualifications for the gallery are as follows (please note that these qualifications are highly experimental and will most likely change over time):
- No scans with speech bubbles, panel lines, or text (be it English, Japanese, Korean, etc.)
- No "sketches," all B/W scans must be finished, inked illustrations
- Above all, scan quality is unconditionally determined by the moderators

We also would like to announce Fireflywishes is our most recent addition to the staff and she will be moderating the Doujinshi section. We also noticed the actions and concern of the well being of our community and granted the rank of elite members to Chloe-chan and Maplerose. Please give them all a warm welcome.

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Yay for monochrome scans! now we can see the backs of those Green Glass stationaries ;)

"No scans with speech bubbles, panel lines, or text (be it English, Japanese, Korean, etc.)"

would that include things like chapter titles and numbers on chapter title pages in mangas?

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

If tittles and numbers are easily removed then they are ok

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

I think we should define "monochrome" better. I take it to mean "one colour" or shades of one colour, aside from black/white right? So just wondering why Green Glass ~ Candy is Dandy by saikusa and Paradise Kiss Vol. 4 Cover by Cheza1982 are also considered "monochrome" ...

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

The Para Kiss scan is less han an hour old and this thread annoucing it is 2 hours old. Sooooo... It just means that Cheza was quicker off the block than we expected.

As for my scan, it was something I ran by the other mods first and they re-assured me that it was more than 2 colours... but if it makes you happier I'll gladly move it to Monochrome scans now that we have it.

And for the other Green Glass monochrome stuff... A lot of it needs cleaning up & a lot of it is actually... low quality stuff even when cleaned off :/ But I'll do what I can for ya...

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Amazing, just amazing! *dances*
And now the only difference between MT and AP is cancelled forever :)
But I agree with MapleRose, we probably need more specific rules for monochromatic scans. For now it's a relief to know that scans from panels of a manga won't be accepted!
But I don't get this, Revan:

Quote by RevanIf tittles and numbers are easily removed then they are ok

Does this mean that we have to remove numbers/titles/every kind of writings from the scan? *confused*

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Excellent! I've been waiting for this!

Quote by kayurachan

Does this mean that we have to remove numbers/titles/every kind of writings from the scan? *confused*

I think that's what it means. If you can neatly edit a scan, like removing text, page numbers etc, I guess it'll be alright to submit?

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

How nice! There are a lot of quality images that are monochromes and we weren't allowed to post them before... I really commend the amplification!

Welcome new elite members! *celebration mode - throws confetti*

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by kayurachan

It means that you have to do a damned good edit job to remove words & numbers from the image; such as speech bubbles & sounds effects. There are splash pages that are very beautiful, but it will have to be exceptionally editted...

We're being harsh because we don't want a mass raid on the scanlation sites. They work long and hard to provide free manga for everyone, and MiniTokyo will not cheapen their efforts via some sort of warped loop-hole now that we allow black & white scans.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

To prevent raiding scanlation sites, how about only allowed self-scanned submissions for this category?

merged: 02-04-2007 ~ 11:59am
oh, and about my earlier comment about Paradise Kiss Vol. 4 Cover by Cheza1982 and Green Glass ~ Candy is Dandy by saikusa , I was wondering why they are in the monochrome section when there's more than one colour on the scans, so wouldn't they be in the normal galleries?

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

yea for new gallery modifications! ^_^ and welcome new staffs! <3

"Mythology is psychology misread as biography."-Joseph Campbell
"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."
— Albert Einstein
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."-Cicero

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by MapleRose
oh, and about my earlier comment about Paradise Kiss Vol. 4 Cover by Cheza1982 and Green Glass ~ Candy is Dandy by saikusa , I was wondering why they are in the monochrome section when there's more than one colour on the scans, so wouldn't they be in the normal galleries?

For the ParaKiss scan, the scan is really two colors: Pink and Purple. That the background is blue does nothing to the scan of the characters themselves which is the focus of the image. Had the background been white, it would be fairly easy to place it in monochrome.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

yay, cool..! and congrats to all the new mods and elite members..! yay..! *dance around*

Signature Image

Hanazaki

Hanazaki

Current Anime: Hitman Reborn!

Wow! new gallery section. Congrats and welcome to new mods and elite members. I think I agree with maplerose. We should consider self-scanned monochrome.

Signature

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

Yeah! Finally I can upload all my monochrome scans! *starts scanning* XD
I also think monochrome images should be self scanned.
And congratulations new mods and elites! :D

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by MapleRoseTo prevent raiding scanlation sites, how about only allowed self-scanned submissions for this category?

If you can clean out all the interferring speech bubbles, sound effects and none usable frames then yes... but that's a lot of work. We also don't want people to think of their manga at home as a source of something to scan. It's not. Therefore you have to make a stunning clean up job on it...

Chapter pages are therefore a lot easier to scan & often are designed as a piece of art, instead of part of the story.

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Wow, you guys are setting your eyes on high standard work
Oh well! It's gonna be cool XD

burijetto

burijetto

Detective Kirimi

Wheee (: congrats is always used!
I shall try to be original~
Awesomee :D The new mods are elite members are aweesomeee ^^

Signature
Do support me in my quest for world domination!~

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by acid-awakeningWow, you guys are setting your eyes on high standard work
Oh well! It's gonna be cool XD

We want to make it clear from the start that only the highest quality scans will be accepted because anything that's mediocre or covered in text, sound effects & speech bubbles is going to be useless for the members who use our scans to create wallpapers, webpages, banners, icons & avatars, etc...

It also helps prevent the mass scanning of a thousand manga volumes that members have at home. Think about how how most manga pages would be too small, or have cropped images, or interferring speech bubbles. If we make it clear from the get-go that this isn't what we want then it should (hopefully) prevent any problems further down the line.

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Thanx guys for your explanation and...

Quote by saikusaChapter pages are therefore a lot easier to scan & often are designed as a piece of art, instead of part of the story.

...totally agree with this and I second MadoshiKurefu and MapleRose: monochromatic scans should be only self scanned. This would absolutely guarantee HQ material for the Gallery ^_^

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

@KayuraChan: This gives you the chance to submit all those Saiyuki scans you've wanted to submit, finally!

It's not that we can force scans to be Self-Scanned only, but Self-Scanned does usually guarantee a better over all quality.

And we will be serious about the quality. Chapter Pages are easier, but aren't guaranteed to be accepted just because they are chapter pages & there's have little interfering text. Even my own scans I try to clean them up with Photoshop as much as possible before i submit them.

Don't forget that the quality must be as high as you can possibly make it so other members can use the scans to make wallpapers. We want to keep the quality as high as possible to keep the Monochrome Scans gallery. If it's not successful, or is abused as a means to submit any old rubbish then it can be taken away again.... and I for one don't want that. So please forgive us for being strict, but we really do want what's best for MT.

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Congrats to the new mod/elite members! MapleRose has been a huge asset to the Sandbox threads, so it's well deserved. I like the idea of a monochrome gallery, this way mable we'll see some of the back-sides of shitajiki that are just 2 colors. Yeah!

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

hm...not trying to break the nice flow of this thread or anything, but I just want to voice my little opinion about the new scan rule. Personally, I think the no speech bubble thing is a good idea, but the no text? erm..im a pretty lazy scanner (which is why theres only one scan in my gallery..aside from the fact that the rest of the ones i have are already uploaded) so I basically scan and upload. And Im kind of worried that if we have a "no text (or minimum text)" thing going on, then there might be less scans uploaded...there is the chance that there are other lazy scanners out there like me that would rather just not upload a scan than have to clean it. As a waller though, if i see a good scan im willing to go to drastic measures to clean the scan for walling use. So just a thought..I dont know how other people think, but personally i think that it benefits MT more to allow scans with text? >.<

merged: 02-06-2007 ~ 02:01am
ahh im so rude >.< congrats to the new mod and the 2 new elites!

also, the monochrome gallery is a great idea. Ive always wanted to see saikusa's wonderful Green Glass monochromes in its own gallery ^-^

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Oh wow, a new category! Awesome! I don't know if I have anything that would scan well...I'll have to go through what I have at home. I know some of the chapter pages in my manga are pretty nice...I'll have to see if they'll be okay.

Congrats to the new mods and elite members as well. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.