Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Manhole - A CSI type Manga worth reading. - Minitokyo

Manhole - A CSI type Manga worth reading.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Story and Intro:

On a normal day just like everyday down at a town market street where all the locals trade and buy groceries and daily needs, it was peaceful, nothing happens out of the ordinary... but WAIT, hold that thought!

From out of nowhere, no anticipation comes a man, naked from the head to the toe, bleeding from his ears, his nose, his mouth muttering untranslatable giberish as he slowly and in a lumbering manner walked down this street where nothing ever happens.

From the side of his head where his left eye should be, veins from his forehead slithered like snakes under the cover of a blanket, slight little holes can be seen from his fragile skin barely withstanding whatever that squirmed under his skin. His eyes bloodshot and movements quiver and shake as he walked a few steps further.

From the other side, unaware of this man who is coming at his direction, is a college student fiddling with his handphone, texting and the like, only as he finally came across this man, who now stands in front of him, did he notice him.

He was annoyed by how he is bumped by this guy, little did he know what happens next...

In one moment, his fate was decided when this very sick man spat blood across his face, all hell broke lose as the man now twitching and quivering even more fall back first down the floor after he finished spitting on the college kid. Then, he died. There was no warning, nothing ever happens here, does it?

Quickly the college kid ran from the scene, panicking, leaving his handphone covered with blood from the guy, something happened today on that street where nothing ever happens. He is not staying back till the police comes for him, whatever it is, he wants no part of it, hell no!

The police arrived at the scene, took the body in, thinking it must be just some druggie gone berserk, but then again, what would you think?

Hours later at the Autopsy revealed something far more shocking than the drugs, as they uncovered a worm, that lives in the brain similiar to that of a tapeworm, only far more lethal and dangerous and far more infectious.
The worm that takes up habitat inside man's brain and removes the desire of mankind... and wreck far more havoc on a species that lives in desires and wants...

With the lives at stake and little time at hand, Police and investigations must begin and work hard as they race against time to capture the man who released this epidemic worm, and destroy the specimens once and for all before they spread through Japan by the worst means possible...

Can they succeed or will Japan and the world fall under the great epidemic of a revolution? An era where no longer desire exists... and replaced with one thing only, live and let live. Is it morals? Or just plain fanatism at risk?

My verdict:
Fast pacing and quick in introductions, the story quickly unfolds from volume one and the chase was fast and really exilirating, no bullshit science like Death Note and all that smart genius things from two guys still in high school, but filled with adult dark humor, filled with suspense as we witness the everyday life of a small town turned upside down by the introducing of a new power into play.

A power that will take away desire and replace with nothing but survive and that is all you shall do. Without desire, is it really good? Can we really use this to take away crime and sin and breed a new kind of man that is totally neutral to attractions?

I think the moral of the story challenges that of what people feared most, can something that so basic in us, the desire to get more, from money, to gambling desires and even sex, can it be taken away? If so, can we solve crime once and for all? Readers take sides as the investigation goes deeper to capture the culprit of the epidemic, and stop it before it goes out of hand.

Definitely one of the smart choice of mangas out there you can ever get.

The artwork:
With quick pace, I guess comes slightly lousy artwork, it doesn't really impress, but compared to that, the characters are deeply fleshed out, darkly humorous and quite nice to relate to, rather real if anything and takes no bullshit from other similiar animes.

I would say it is very original and time and again, it would prove me wrong when it comes to grotesque scenes.

A rating of 7/10 from me on overall of the manga

Related links:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=5864

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

dMp

dMp

^___________^

holy! that's gotta be some disgusting stuff. hmm sounds interesting, but i think i'll pass haha.

hofodomo01

hofodomo01

lol wut

sounds nice and dark. probably good for a saturday evening by myself...

Signature Image
Grand Thoft Auto

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

I am reading the chinese version and book 3 is already out, so far it is really great.
There is plenty of gore coming up from book 2 onwards so be well prepared.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Some freaky inhumane manga.....
Never heard of it... Is the original title manhole or is it some weird Japanese title?

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.