Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do guys/girls give presents because we expect them to? - Minitokyo

Do guys/girls give presents because we expect them to?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

entity1660

entity1660

Don't Forget Me

I've no doubt reminded my boyfriend that Valentine's Day was coming up. Even though he didn't give me anything (computer-computer relationship so it's impossible for material), in my mind he'd only make something just to satisfy my annoying requests.

Of course, if Valentine's Day or any present-giving holiday didn't exist, we girls or guys will never get anything for their soul mate at all. The world is too busy communicating through caring enotions (usually), only the words they say would be enough. But since holidays do exist (and stupid ones at that, Valentine's Day...for the unfortunate people who don't have somone special to love), we expect something.

Say, for example, it's Valentine's. Through silent words I beg and plead to get a present; even heart candies would do. I get the present. Am I happy? Sort of---I was sad that he was reminded and not thought of it himself.

Another example is my father sending me a Valentine's Day card. Now, besides the holidays, I never hear from him, so when Christmas or my Birthday arrives, there's a present on my doorstep. If these days didn't exist, we wouldn't "communicate" any longer.

So...does anybody feel like your boyfriend/girlfriend only gives you a gift to keep you happy, or is there a deeper, logical reason?

Hahahaha, never actually had a girlfriend, but I've been in a relationship that is similar. As far as I can tell it really depends on what the item is that is being given and for what the occasion is. For most, I would say yes, that they give gifts just to keep a person happy, but also to feel a sense of satisfaction; knowing that they actually did something for someone else. Logic has almost nothing to do with giving gifts as it really just depends on what emotions one has and the norms of society.

However, for those who give gifts with a deeper reason do it to fill an empty void that their love one(s) have. It can be a physical, emotional, or psycological void. I was given life in exchange for another's. That was her gift to me, something that is deeper and unreplaceable.

Life is a curse, but you can make it a blissing........

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

I might be different from other people, but I dont need gifts to be happy. I wasnt expecting and didnt need anything this valentines day and honestly I forgot valentines was coming up until my husband told me he wanted to get me something. I would have been perfectly happy without anything at all though.
I think maybe we dont buy gifts because our partners expect it, but because society as a whole expects you to buy a gift. you always hear on TV and the radio and everywhere that you need to buy her this nice gift just to show her how much you love her, but you shouldnt need to have money just for love. you should know already that you are loved with or without some wonderful gift.

Signature Image

if you're a kid then yes presents do make you happy, but there is a certain point in age... you'll understand that some people give you presents just to make you happy or giving you presents because you're a special person... i think that's what your dad is doing...:)

about valentines gift giving, its not always about giving something material. You're not required to give flowers or chocolates to someone because you are required to~ it is not required, it has just became a trend over the years that the boys should give their girls flowers just to show them they love their girlfriends.

some guys tend to forget valentine's because they're not the ones who expects something to have on that day...

No, by the time I'd finished reading the topic I had thought of at least three different stories about people no getting anything from their partners for valentines day.

Gift-giving days are handy really, with out lives so busy its hard to remeber to be thoughtful sometimes so having a few special days marked out on a calendar can be good.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

hmmm I don`t really aprecaite presents from friends..ok the gesture is nice but most of the time I don`t really like what they are giving me..
I like plants so perhaps that will be a better choice but I also have 2 cats that love plants T_t

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.