Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Recommending Music? - Minitokyo

Recommending Music?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

So...I really want to listen to something new because Im bored to tears with the artists Ive been listening to. Its not like their songs are boring or anything, Im just the kind of person who gets bored easily after listening to the same song over and over again. So I was wondering if the MT community could possibly recommend me some good music. I listen to quite a wide range of music, but here are some artists to give you a very general idea of what kind of music I like (its a mix of american singers and japanese singers)

-Maaya Sakamoto
-Bonnie Pink
-Utada hikaru
-Otsuka Ai
-Trapt
-Fall out boy
-Panic at the disco
-the faint
-crystal kay
-rurutia
-boa
-cascada
-do as infinity
-yoko kanno
-delerium
-fergie
-general anime music

sorries, I know thats a lot of people. Ive listened to ayumi hamasaki's stuff too, but Im really really sick of hearing her voice. this isnt an insult thread so im not going into details about why, but ayu is just one singer I dont want to hear. The type of music i generally like is jpop, techno, and alternative (whatever alternative is).

any suggestions? just the song is fine, or if you like most of the artist's works, that works too! (and please no hardcore metal, screaming stuff)

thanks in advance! (and I hope threads like these are allowed in MT >.<)

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

try t.A.T.u. These girls rely can sing. Well, et least in my opinion.

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

schwindelmagier

schwindelmagier

Anna Vi Britannia+++

See-Saw are cool too (They have sung many, many .hack-songs) or what about FictionJunction YUUKA? She sung several Tsubasa and .hack-songs too.
Songs by Otsuka Ai? There I can recommend the song "Planetarium".
Then, I can also recommend Nightwish or Evanescence, especially the song "She is my Sin" By Nightwish.

Signature Image
+s.m.i.l.e. - the illusion of humanity+

Royksopp!

It's their song "Remind Me" on that Geico add in the airport...

Also check out some good stuff like Bjork, Ian Brown, and Imogen Heap...

Mute Math! Is AMAZING live.... you should give 'em a listen..

30 Seconds To Mars: From Yesterday(Cool music vid)

Shiny Toy Guns, are also really good live...

and you could never go wrong with ...BLUE MAN GOUUUP!*singing out name in a 70's rock/screaming voice*

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

J-pop tends to be my forte so I can at least throw a couple your way: Yuna Ito, KOTOKO, Sachi Tainaka and Minami Kuribayashi are good bets. Nana Mizuki is also great but you just have to get used to the way she sings.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

chriskotzo

chriskotzo

mint rubbing :))

Well you could try Namie Amuro, she has a nice voice ;)

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Go to www.di.fm on Thursdays at 11am PST. Listen to the trance channel. They will be playing Armin van Buuren's 'A State of Trance' radio show. Listen to a few, and you'll become a trance fan. Then, buy Above & Beyond's 'Tri-State' album. Best music in the world.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Ha ha, first I was going to recommend Ayu, until I read the end of your post ^_^
Hm, you seem to like a lot of the music I do...
I would recommend t.A.T.u, Evanescence, Namie Amuro, but they've all been said, hm...
I like Rewrite from FMA (forgot the artist), Asterisk by ORANGE RANGE, ignited by T.M. Revolution...lots more I can't think of ^_^. Oh, and Three Days Grace!

Signature

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Seems like you like alotta japanese songs... why not try
Alice Deejay
Michael Learns To Rock
-----> U2 and Mary J Blige - One <-----

I like Kelly Clarkson alot, she sings really well. For example, Since U Been Gone seriously rocks.

URanimEnigma

URanimEnigma

No substitute for experience.

How bout' "My Dying Bride"? J/K "A Perfect Circle". Oh, if you like things like Delerium, I think Paul Okenfold would be something you'd like. Or if you like Maaya Sakamoto you'd probably dig YOKO ISHIDA. She's pretty talented.

merged: 02-17-2007 ~ 08:26am
OH! TRY 36 Crazyfists. They're awesome. You can check out some of their tunes at www.36crazyfists.com .

A writer, like an artist, can create.
An Artist, like a writer, can compose

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Try some Frank Zappa!
Joe's Garage Rocks!

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

sash

sash

Just Another Cynical Person

i totally recommend .. nelly furtado's last album .. as well as kelly clarkson .. nick lachey .. some songs from nightwish .. all from evanescence [yeah sorry i kinda mixed the genres but couldn`t help myself XD ]

cherry-blossem

cherry-blossem

Tamaki Cheer

hmm...High and Mighty Color is good..its more j-rock though XD
They sang one of the openings for Bleach (Ichirin no Hana)
Give it a try ^^

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

if you like rock, try Linkin Park / Bullet for my Valentine / 30 Seconds to Mars

for anime i would say Gundam Seed Destinty / 1000 Words / and the others that people have posted

for relationship type songs i would say Frankie J / Mario / and some others lol

these may not be what your looking for but these are just my ideas lol so sry if none of what i posted is wat your looking for ^_^'

Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Wow, since I stopped by this thread this morning, it's really taken off! I also like to listen to a wide variety of music, but most of mine borders on melodic

For that I would recommend Angela Aki ("This Love"), Kokia (Almost anything by her is good... but "Watashi no Taiyou" is my favorite one), or Yoriko/Yorico ("Sa Ima Kimi to" or "NY").

For smooth/mellow music I would recommend HY ("Namida" or "canvas") and SPITZ("Honey" or "Yoru wo Kaeru")

For Rock-ish I would definitely recommend UVERworld ("Chance!" or "Mixed Up"), Ellegarden ("Missing"), or The Ataris (this is an American band-- Pretty much any song on "So, Long Astoria" CD is awesome sauce!)

In general: Younha "Te wo Tsunaide"

(If you go to my userpage and click on my website, I often share mp3s, and I'm pretty sure that most of the links I have for some of these songs are still active.)

Happy listening! :)

Signature Image

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

I recommend AAA - a band that has mixed genre songs, mostly Jpop and Eurobeat(Like Techno), try - 'Blood On Fire' & 'Champagne Gold' for a bit of Techno. Most of their other songs are Jpopish. Fun to dance to.

Jpop; Jyongri; Go for "Possession' normal and techno versions. Koda Kumi; "Yume no Uta" + "Futari de..." K (Kei); songs are really good, I like his version of "Every Year, Every Christmas" Maybe SunMin; "Love In/ Love Out"

As for Alternative: Staind - "Chapter V" album, they do all kind of "Rock/ Metal" stuff.. but this album is all Alternative.

Hope you found some of my recommendations helpful. ^^b

I Got All Anime Songz mp3, seen 2002.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

*gasp-ness-ism*

What about m-flo :o

m-flo incorporates boa, crystal k and a whole bunch of other artists on your list like bonnie pink!
I'm assuming you like pop-ish stuff, and m-flo fits the description since their new stuff is pretty pop-ish ;) They even released a single with Bonnie Pink a few months ago called "Love song" or something like that... I forgot already :<

But yes m-flo is techno in some songs, sometimes pop, sometimes r'n'b, previously hip hop. I'd give them a try because they seriously rock :3

Hirai Ken is also good for pop (though his voice sounds more r'n'b soul... since his music genre changed... well yeah :P anyway)- he has amazing vocals.

Anime music... well, I'd suggest all the new Nana songs. They're all pretty good ;)

Rock, yes, I'd go for UVERworld. I also really like Asian Kung-Fu Generation, because they're consistent and really catchy :P (they sang "rewrite" and a bunch of anime themes)

:D

merged: 02-19-2007 ~ 09:16am
Oh and "Round Table feat. Nino" are excellent. They're sort of pop and a few other things but they are really quite good :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

Quote by KuroimisaHirai Ken is also good for pop (though his voice sounds more r'n'b soul... since his music genre changed... well yeah :P anyway)- he has amazing vocals.

Same can be also said about "K". He can do pop and R'n'B. My favourite less R'n'B song of his is "Only Human".. many would know this song if they have watched 'One Litre Of Tears' a popular Japanese Drama.

Kuroimisa, could the song you be talking about called "LaLaLa.. Love Song" By BoA, cause in that song it has a male voice in it, I'm guessing it's M-flo's?

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

I thought Lalala Love song was with Soul'd out? I cant remmeber, but I do think she did a song with soul'd out. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

Yes I think she did it with Soul'd out, cause I happen to listen to it a few times and heard "Soul'd out". Omg.. check out melody's new single! It's so goooooooood!

Techno? Oh, you mean the genre of electronic music. I don't want to make you feel like an idiot, but most people use the word techno as a form for all electronic music, which is wrong. I would love to recommend some music which I enjoy, but its asking for boa and I say, "I like Asian music". Well you got all sort of type of trance, and other electronic music. Drum and Bass, Breaks, House, Funk. If you don't know the genre, just tell me the artist, song and album.

k is great!
hirai ken is even more captivating!
but his lyrics is like.. uhh a bit adult O.o
l'arc~en~ciel is nice, so is orenji renji, angela aki's songs are okay

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.