Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Falsely Accused - Minitokyo

Falsely Accused

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

I received this message from Saikusa saying that I enlarged and resubmitted a scan (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 05) which I didn't do because I don't even know how to do that, and now I'm a restricted member. Also I left a comment on Saikusa's guest book and haven't gotten any reply from Saikusa

Quote by saikusa
You already have a first warning for ripping wallpapers.

Now you have a Second Warning for taking a pre-existing scan, enlarging it, and then re-submitting it. That is not an acceptable way in which to accrue credits or to find material with which to pollute the galleries here.

And becasue it is your second warning, you are now a Restricted Member.

Quote by StardustKnight
One thing that I want to say is that I did not take a scan and enlarge it then resubmit it like you said and I also did not know that there was another pre-existing scan. I submitted my scan with the thought that there wasn't another one, if I had a faster and better internet connection I would have checked more thoroughly threw the entire Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya gallery, but I always try to do my best to not to submit a double scan. One other thing that I want you to know is that I recieved that first warning only because I accidently submitted a scan in the wallpaper section instead of the scans section which was my mistake because it was my first time submitting a scan to minitokyo. I hope that you can make me not stay as a restricted member.

Omikami

Omikami

Ruler of the Plane of Heaven

Shouldn't you address this matter in private with the moderator saiskusa?

In any case it doesn't matter if you enlarge it yourself or someone else had already enlarged the scan. It is the duty of the uploader to check for such things before it is submitted to MT.

Even so how am I suppost to tell the difference between an enlarged scan and a normal scan.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Omikami is right, it doesn't matter who did the resizing, the warnings will still be given out.

I can't answer your query obviously, but I can answer how you can tell the difference between a good scan and enlarged or poor quality scan.

There are many things on a scan you can check before submitting it to a gallery. Jpeg artefacts (are there weird discolourations on something that is supposed to look smooth? do the colours look "stretched out"- for instance, a patch of solid red having bits of orange on it- esp if they look square), if the lines are crisp (if they have gaps in them- make a judgement/ generally if there are a few gaps it might just be the art style, so the lines look bloated and fuzzy? or are made up of squares, then it has been enlarged) does it overall look blurry?, pixels- is the background or any part of the image including the outlines looking squarey: taking into account the original art style and making a valid judgement.

It is generally expected that scan uploaders know how to tell what's good and bad quality: if not, we'll see a big flood of poor quality scans.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

First off, I apologise for any insult you have taken at the warning.

However, I remain unconvinced of your innocence, because there is nothing you can actually do to prove that you weren't the one who enlarged the scan.

The scan that you submitted had been reported as both a duplicated and a scan that had clearly been enlarged. The report gave a link to that original scan as well as the one you submitted. When compared to that original scan yours proved to be of such a poor condition that it was evident that the scan had been enlarged before it had been submitted.

Everyone should look through the galleries before they submit anything in order to prevent submitting a duplicate. While accidents do happen, and even I have accidentally submitted a duplicate once in the past, it is extremely suspicious behaviour for someone to submit a duplicated scan that's larger... but upon inspection turns out to be a low quality image that has been enlarged.

That is why I remain unconvinced of your innocence.

It also does not change the fact that the scan you submitted was enlarged, and therefore the Second Warning remains.

As moderators we have the ability to Restrict Membership in order to prevent members from submitting inappropriate material. Usually a Restriction goes with a Second Warning.

The fact that you claim you are innocent of enlarging the scan only indicates that you are unable to discern the difference between a high quality original and a low quality enlarged duplicate. This only cements the reason why I Restricted your Membership with the Second Warning; in order to prevent you from submitting any more low quality enlarged scans.

MiniTokyo only accepts scans of a high quality in order to give the wallpaper making members the best image resource possible. That is why it is against the rules to submit enlarged scans. That is why we are strict with this rule. That is why we restrict members who repeatedly prove that they can not tell the difference between a beautiful HQ scan and any old monstrosity.

That is why the Second Warning remains in place. That is why your Restriction still holds.

For at least how long will I stay restricted.

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Quote by StardustKnightFor at least how long will I stay restricted.

The time period is determined by the moderator who restricted you.

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

It usually lasts a few months.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.