Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Concern On Height - Minitokyo

Concern On Height

page 1 of 1 18 total items

lacus21

lacus21

~Marked::.

Well most people seemto be quite concern about their height.......

I'm 15 and my height is 157cm......Do you consider that short?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Most height "concerns" only depend on where you live.

The whole height issue has been sparked by a number of factors: looking at healthy, fit sportspeople who are tall (you are tall, therefore you are healthy) and models (you are tall, therefore good looking).
There are also advantages for being tall, but there are advantages of being short.

You're only 15 so you have plenty of time to grow lol, I doubt your final height will be 157cm.

Being tall or short is only a relative thing- and it's relative to the people around you. I don't think it matters so much :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

lol, I'm almost 19 and I'm only about 154 :D So I don't think you're short.

Meh, I guess I'm used to it by now. I've been the shortest (or second shortest if I'm lucky) in my classes for most of my life, so I don't particularly care anymore. Some people tease me about it, but most of them do it good-naturedly (and I'd pretend to get mad at them). It's who I am, I can't help it (my parents are both short), and there's lots more to me besides my height :)

at 15 I wouldn't consider that height particularly short. I'm fairly tall for a girl at 177cm (5'10"), but I only finished growing a short while ago. People develop differently, and its not unusual for a lot of people to grow taller while others have already finished their growing.

While being short compared to those around you isn't the best thing at times, at 15 I wouldn't worry about it. When I started high school my friends were much taller than I was, I was almost the shortest guy in my class. Now that school has finished I'm as tall as or taller than most of my friends. Everyone grows at different rates at different times. You might continue to grow alot or maybe not, its to early to tell, but I certainly wouldn't let it bother you yet.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Being short or tall both have their advantages or disadvantages and are looked upon differently in different cultures. I would not worry about it too much.
For myself , being 198cm (6'6") is nice and means that I don't have to strain to reach most things but it also means that ceiling fans (which are common in the Southern US) are the enemy :) .

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

DUDE. DON'T WORRY. I'm 15 years old and I'm only 150 cm.

Cheers. Another year wasted.

I HATE school. it leaves you with no time to chase your own personal goals and ambitions.

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

lol i am onli 13+ and i am 170cm and i alr call myself short!
oh and my sis is 14+ gg to be 15 soon and she is same height as u and dun worry abt height it is abt the IQ

Signature
I'm back! :D

you're still young, don't worry about your height that much...:)

it depends on where you live too^^

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Quote by MnemethFor myself , being 198cm (6'6") is nice and means that I don't have to strain to reach most things but it also means that ceiling fans (which are common in the Southern US) are the enemy

I know what are talking about. You tend to duck instinctively when objects are hanging around (any idea how gross hanging fly paper is up close and stuck to you?). I'm 193 (6'3"). The last time I messured myself was in highschool and I was 188...didn't know you could still grow after the age of 18.

But you get used to the jokes... I'm just thankful I'm not scrawny. I'm my built is relatively in proportion to my height. So I'm kinda big. People get intimidated by me which can be a bit of a bother.

I think 150-ish is cute. ^^

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Exactly, being tall isn't all upsides either. Like joemighty said people can get intimidated by people who are tall so being short isn't always a bad thing. Short, medium or tall, being any of those has its upsides and downsides that you have to get used to.

-Smiles- few years back I use to worry about my height too. But as you grow older thess things gradually begins to disappear. There will be more important issues to think. It is common among girls (Specially teenagers) not to be satisfies with what they have. 157 meters heigh is not short at all. Nothing would matter as long as you're healthy and have fine body.

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Quote by lacus21

I'm 15 and my height is 157cm......Do you consider that short?

In Japan... you are considered tall by many of the girls there...
And look at how many people you get drooling at them in the net ;)
157 at the age of 15 isnt that short ..

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

I`m still 15 but turning 16 soon, and i`m only 150, so dun woorryyyy... i`m worse right? Haiz, me and 2 of my frens were being called the shorties gang... =.= haha... at first really do care alot but now total dun care, sometimes its even fun to be short!

For girls, being short is not as much as an issue to actually being too tall. I personally prefer to be taller than my girl. I dare say this is the general thought with guys. You can then see a (very) tall girl will very likely have to find a partner taller than herself (which is quite an additional effort). Besides, do you have any idea how desirable a short, petit girl can be in the eyes of guys? :p

Your height is perfectly fine, esp. given your age. So yeah, don't fret much over it. Cheers!

Quote by asinine
In Japan... you are considered tall by many of the girls there...
And look at how many people you get drooling at them in the net ;)
157 at the age of 15 isnt that short ..

Yes! :) I was also going to point this to you. Lols* You can see this reflected in almost any of the popular Japanese anime too. Girls usually have your height. So...Cheers* Be Happy :D :) :D

Quote by EnchanterFor girls, being short is not as much as an issue to actually being too tall. I personally prefer to be taller than my girl. I dare say this is the general thought with guys. You can then see a (very) tall girl will very likely have to find a partner taller than herself (which is quite an additional effort). Besides, do you have any idea how desirable a short, petit girl can be in the eyes of guys? :p

Your height is perfectly fine, esp. given your age. So yeah, don't fret much over it. Cheers!

Definitely agree! I also heard this from many other guys. Petit and average height girls are cute and good looking beside a taller boy. (Hints back to japanese animes -it's minitokyo here after all!-) :D

I'm 16 1/2 and 161 cm. I guess that comparing to the rest of the girls that have written in this thread I'm preety tall...^_^'' Although among my friends I am the second shortest...And it's a little weird to walk on the halls of the high-school and see 14 or 15 year-old girls waaay taller than me. Sometimes I feel really small, but I shouldn't complain anymore. Don't worry, lacus21, you're not short. :D

For me, at 182cm (6ft), most people are shorter than me. Your height for your age is about normal if I'm not mistaken. Nothing to be concerned about really IMO.
Personally, I've preferred short, petite girls, but have also been involved with some closer to my own height, the only thing that made any real difference to me was personality and attitude.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.