Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Conventional Arts: Is it dead? - Minitokyo

Conventional Arts: Is it dead?

Conventional Arts: Dead Or Alive?

Yeah, pretty much.
2 votes
Sadly, no.
6 votes
Still thriving, but sooner or later, they'll go down the drain.
5 votes
Uh... I like my hair. :D
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

Non-Descript Living Organism

I hate acrylics. I got a bad nose, and I'm allergic to it.
Color pencils, I prefer. ^__^

And yeah, thanks for all the comments (wow, took me a long time befire I remembered this thread lol.) My brother also thanks this thread, for he used this as a thesis referrence. ^__^

Sparda's missing Teacher. No MSG added. pH 9.5.

i didn't vote. no option for 'traditional art still lives and is thriving'. let's admit it, not everyone has a computer, and has the know-how to use one. with traditional art, all you'll need is a pencil and some paper. or a canvas and some paint. all of which are more accessible and don't need a manual to use. a person has more control with a pencil than a quirky mouse or say even a tablet.

IMHO, i think traditional art rocks and is here to stay.

I'm sorry, I know this thread is old, but they are very much alive and they're not going anywhere soon. You can do all kinds of things with computers (things I don't know how to even begin doing) but when it comes to having a piece of work framed in front of you, where you can see every single line, when you can almost feel every single brush stroke, how could you give that up for a digital print? To me, there's nothing better and more satisfying than leaving a studio covered in ink or paint.

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

@mentis
How about ballpens? :P

Mortiferatrinidad156

Mortiferatrinidad156

Vaquerita con una escopeta...

So far, the pencil beats anything.><

Signature Image
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Soy demasiado joven para morir!"
El rostros frios alinean en las calles de esta ciudad desolada...
Todos los jovenes dijeron, "Porque en esta noche sin viento, estamos tratando de cambiar algo...

shinshinovi

shinshinovi

@yuujin, marysonnie

I explained that 'missing option' in the vote section. Real sorry. :P

@Mortiferatrinidad156
Ballpens are darker. :3

hajimemizuki

hajimemizuki

~Forget everything~

Its like a flame....Reignites when it has too.Dies out when it has too.

With my eyes,I'll watch over my future that had been set.With my hands,I'll rip my path and make my way.

wizardiguy

wizardiguy

Master of Shading

Well its an oooooooooooooooooold thread, but I have some opinions here. I have been a traditional artist for a loooong time, and i have experienced working with Corel Painter (which is not the same as Corel Draw) and Photoshop CS3.

I also paint with traditional oils, and acrylics, traditional colors, watercolor, hell I use everything ! (the reason that my colored works aren't here is because they are HUGE works and don't fit in my scanner). But my BEST talent is in pencil (check my gallery). I totally loooove working with traditional media because I have control over the paper, the presure, the effects, and that can't be done even with an expensive Wacom mouse tablet with pressure sensors. With traditional media you can choose the paper, you can decide how dark and saturated the color and/or the pencil grayness should be, you can create and recreate and create all over again. Of course each technique has it own advantages and disadvantages (it's not the same using oils that drawing with pencils), and that makes it harder to create the artworks with traditional media. This also makes someone more skilled because it takes a lot more skills to create artwork traditionally (sometimes when you ruin something, there's no point of return, or you have to work around where you messed up to make it look "good").

The reason why nowadays there are lots of CG stuff and neat color pictures is because it is easier to create with a computer. Believe me, even when you don't use filters and stuff, is easier to use a computer graphics package. I agree that you need skills to use a computer too, but not the same skills like you need to do the same things in traditional media (for example if I want to darken an area so that it looks totally black, in a computer is easier to fill that space and in less time, when traditionally you have to be careful and takes more time). I have made just two artworks in computer graphics packages, one in painter and one in photoshop CS3, and all I can say is that I have done some things that in a traditional way I would have spend like 10 or more hours to finish, and with the computer the whooole work was finished in like 2 or 3 hours (I am not exaggerating).

Buuuuuuuuut (takes a breath) I think not, the traditional media is not dead, in fact, a work made with traditional media is more valuable than a digital one because of all I mentioned above (and that's why nowadays we see lots of people making CG's).

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.