Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Ultimate Paint Shop Pro Pen Tool (Vectoring) Tutorial - Minitokyo

The Ultimate Paint Shop Pro Pen Tool (Vectoring) Tutorial

Do you like/understand this tutorial?

Yes, perfectly, thanks!
12 votes
Wah it's so confusing!! I don't get it!
1 votes
It's boring and long-winded...
1 votes
Mostly it's okay, but some parts are confusing or unclear.
3 votes
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Rejoice (or be utterly confused XD) Paint Shop Pro users, I have created the Ultimate Pen Tool Tutorial! *cricket chirps*

Anyway, I'm not sure how many people here actually use Jasc Paint Shop Pro, but I think it's pretty good for vectoring (Illustrator confuses me :D). People have asked me how to vector, and I felt that my previous vectoring tutorials were a bit... vague on the actual basics of using the pen tool, not to mention that I've discovered new techniques and shortcuts since my previous tutorials.

The tutorial is divided up to 3 main sections (excluding the introduction), and it's sort of ordered, but depending on your experience, you can skip some parts.

The version I use is PSP8, but I think other versions will have similar functions and options. Some parts of the tutorial are very program-specific, while others are more general (but still kinda program-specific)

The image/html files are hosted on my webspace, and they're huge, so I'll just text-link you to them.

=========

[Introduction]
an overview, as well as explaining what a vector is (kinda technical), based off deviantART's definition.

[Vector Tools and Options]
Exploring and explaining the tools you need to vector, and when to use them.

[Nodes, Paths, and Editing]
More general look at parts of a vector, but also has program-specific explainations on editing options.

[Shortcuts]
Various shortcuts I've developed to make vectoring faster and easier. And also a note on converting to JPEG/PNG. Very program-specific.

=========

Other tutorials on how I order the layers for anime vectors (ignore the actual pen-tool related parts, they're old and inefficient.. unless you prefer to do it that way >.< ):

Outline-less

Outlined using masks

Outlined with dynamic lines (used most often right now)

=========

If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to ask! And happy vectoring!

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

w00t! PSP rules!111one
Nice and detailed tutorials, Rose. I actually enjoyed it. XD I love the shortcut part. Actually, I newly discovered the cusp shortcuts (ctrl+U) and it's quite useful. I rarely use the asymmetric and line nodes. Usually I use cusp and symmetric one.
And I use only the point-to-point segment for the path, coz I'm not familiar with freehand, lol. And sometimes I use the line segment as well.
But I do hate you for making this tut first, cuz I'm thinking to make one. :pacman:

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

I really like the shortcut! I've been having problems with the curve tool because when I click anoter point the curve tool keeps messing it up. >_< This is seriuosly the Ultimate Paint Shop Pro Pen Tool (Vectoring). :) If only I'd used the PSP often in my laptop. ^_^'

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.