Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Everyone Hates Goku - Minitokyo

Everyone Hates Goku

Tagged under Dragon Ball

page 1 of 1 14 total items

I wanted to put this topic on frontstreet and find out why people really dont like the Dragonball z-gt-ect... I like the show myself and I have yet to see another anime that has such grouth. Please give me some feed back on how you feel about it. I could be wrong everyone might love DBZ. :\

Er... it's a strange topic. o_o

Well, not intending to offend, but I really deslike the art. This is really important in a anime series. At least for me. ^^; Maybe it's a bit of prejudice because it's a 80's series.
And the plot... it's a bit childish,until a bit dumb,I guess. Just people fighting all the time. And, if it's just about violence...it's better watching Rurouni Kenshin or maybe Evangelion,if we are talking about classic series.
Anyway, I'm a bit suspect, because I'm not a shounen fan. So, this kind of series never attraced me.

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

I used to love DBZ back in middle school.
Now it's just cute and kinda amusing XD
I have to agree about the art - it's not the best out there.
The plot was redundant... the character's didn't have enough growth...
But I'll never forget the experience.

Signature Image

Hmm, Dragon Ball Z was awesome. But it isn't anymore, its kinda stupid now. If you wanna sit back and watch a show about fighting and nothing else like intense story lines and stuff like that, then I think this is the way to go, but I prefer shows that make me think and stuff.

With honey and clovers

I still love Dragon Ball Z. It holds a special place in my Anime collection

ShinLanceVulcano

ShinLanceVulcano

Uchuu no Kensei Cylanser

Dragon Ball is a classic, still, there are some situations that make us think that now it is just junk.... They exploited it commercially like nothing else, I can predict that the same will happen to Naruto.....

My own body is my weapon, other weapons are just extensions of my body
Cosmo-Orichalcon is my body and Cosmic Force Sol Inferno my blood
I am the emissary of burning justice, the Uchuu no Kensei
I am Cylanser, the Battle God of the Cosmic Sun Inferno

goku is my all times hero, I mean it was the first anime show that explained me that fighting is the only way to solve problems, that is something that I'll never forget.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

DBZ was cool back in the day but now, its just blah, especially with newer animes coming out. But even still, it is an anime classic. Although Goku wasn't my favorite in the anime, he was still an awesome character. He is probably one of the characters that probably won't really be forgotten in anime...

Dragon Ball Z will always be a classic. It was originally intended for the younger viewers, but since release it spread to a much larger age group. Although I saw it long ago and may think it childish now, it still has that nostalgic feel to it. I don't see why anyone would dislike Goku... Okay, he does have that goody-too-shoe personality, but when push comes to shove and you see him freak out, thats when you start liking him

Every anime belongs to a category, we can't compare animes from different categories, between shonen and shoujo,shonen and seinen ..etc.
Dragon ball is the typical shonen anime, it's aimed at a young male audience (ages of 8 to 18) so as a shonen anime Dragon Ball is simply legendary !
It have it all! epic battles, cool martial arts moves,sense of heroism and friendship and some humor from time to time which make this anime really enjoyable to watch.
As for the chara-design ,Toriyama's art is unique, funny and badass at the same time, perfectly suitable for a shonen anime.
Concerning Goku,this dude is really amazing, always humble,natural and positive.Behind his childish ways Goku has a very strong personality, just the perfect hero for the young.

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

I completly agree with myri-chan!
Only that Im a girl ^^

Well I grew up with DB & DB Z! So for me its a classic!

Pisaro

Pisaro

Zutto matte kara

First of all, Dragon Ball GT was not based on Akira Toriyama's Original manga, instead it is a product created by Toei Animation as a sequel. New Characters artwork still produced by Akira Toriyama, but the animation totally not his work, just supervise.
Second of all, Dragon Ball Super its more ridiculous compared to DB GT that even Akira Toriyama himself facepalm on the production.
Despite all of that, I am still eagerly chasing every new episode of Dragon Ball :)

I guess that because the title itself already engraved into part of my life.

The last love song on this little planet~~~ Chise & Shuji...

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

z was my first anime, then db and then gt, with a current reproach to db super I'll never grow tired of dragonball, loved it then and love it now and, as faults, it's still a great anime for it's era. let's not forget all the movies and the bringing of new stuff. at least they are trying to keep the legends alive, some legends fade and never are touched again, let alone played anywhere, resulting in being forgotten (for the most part).

BuBbLeS!

Signature

gadisitugirl

gadisitugirl

D u n d u n

I like all Dragon Ball series XD especially Goku! When I played the game Dragon Ball in PS 2 Goku is the character I played the most XD
Even Dragon Ball stories are filled with fighting scene, I get some morals in there. I think the author try to tell that struggling for something good are important even if we have to work harder for it.
It shows how Goku can be stronger just because he has a good intention: to protecting people
And be kind to foe can make you a new friend, just like Goku and Vegeta. They are rival but they accidently help each other when bad enemies come.

Signature Imageᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs! ಥ‿ಥ

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.