Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Rozen Maiden - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 10 total items

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/firzened/th_rozen-maidencopy.jpg

I apologise for showing you this lousy piece of work, but it's also why I need some criticism. Any kind soul please tell me what I need to work on, thanks!

Signature

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

wow thats pretty! I like that soft look you have going on with the character.

-I would probably take out the 2 gargoyles in front of her though, because the lighting on them is all wrong, and they look too realistic. They also dont really match well with the whole "sweet gothic" kind of feeling that the wallpaper has.
-The Rozen Maiden text looks a bit pixelly and low quality compared to the rest of the wall, but you could probably leave it like that and get away with it.
-The chair looks pretty cool, except the marble is a little distracting. again, like the gargoyles (i seriously dont know how to spell gargoyle..lol) it looks a little realistic compared to the rest of the wall. I would maybe overlay it and put a gaussian blur on the bottom layer? Im not really sure what would work.
-darken the stain glass window in the back. Perhaps you can duplicate the layer, set the top layer onto multiply, and gaussian blur the bottom layer? The gaussian blur might help because it also look a bit low quality

hope that helps!

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

-Somehow it looks like shes missing her body bc its all the same color black.

-I agree with starr, take the gargoyles out it doesnt match.

-Maybe you could bring more color in her.

just wondering... should i take out the marble of the chair? cause then it'll be black... argh! i realy dunno what to do about the chair...

[edit]
okay I kinda changed some part... darkened the marble, gave her clothes more colour, but the stained glass is a bit of a prob... but anyways
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/firzened/th_rozen-maidencopy-1.jpg
So is it for better or for worse? (the stained glass is a pain to look at >_<)

Signature

info-0

info-0

Hellgate operator

I don't know now. Maybe is my eyes. But her hair look like it were badly extracted :)

but, now without gargoyles it looks better imo :)

...::The only easy day was yesterday::...

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

yea, the stained glass is a bit bright now. is that on overlay or multiply?

I would filter the marble texture or give it a bit more gaussian blur to make it fit in better. I wouldnt take it out though, because it does look good

the only suggestion I can give for the background stained glass is to just vector it all and make the colros better and less bright.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

If you made the stained glass mostly dark, whish just a little like coming in at the top right, like maybe it's a streetlight or torch outside, it might look better. That way the colors of the window would still show but wouldn't overpower the girl. I like how creepy she is.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

Its getting better, keep going!

lianppoper

lianppoper

[Free Bird]

i think you're giving more attention to the stained glass rather than shinku.
the glass is more eye-catching than shinku if i must say. :)
the glow is also off place and it's color doesn't match the whole work much.

but other than those ^
it's BEAUTIFUL. just make everything fit right! ;)

Signature

nyahhhhhh, finally got my lazy @$$ to start working on this wall again after more than 3 months of procrastination. and so...
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/firzened/th_rozen-maidencopy-2.jpg
changed the stained glass quite a bit, attempting at a sunsetting feel, so i kinda changed the lighting on the girl (shinku is it?). actually i made her less saturate in the previous tries to give her a more distant/superior, so i'm not sure if by adding more onto her is for the better...
well, criticism is appreciated ^^

Signature

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.