Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Makes the Perfect Mother? - Minitokyo

What Makes the Perfect Mother?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

This topic is inspired by a newspaper article.

What makes a good mother? I ask only cause I it is difficult to tell in these turbulent and bizarre times.

On one hand, you have a mother, working in social services for the last 17 years of her life, has a 8 year old child who is the size of a medium weight Sumo Wrestler, has a diet of chips and junk food while a social life of being called "Fatty fatty bom bom". The mother is kind, she never denies her child the right food that will get her closer to the heart of the child, she loves him, make sure he receives the love she never had. But then again... is she doing it right?

Then, we have the New Wave mom, the excellent example of a parody of a parent who can't let go of her child (Motherhood) and her youth, partying down with the boys at the local tavern, till late 3 am, daughters and lovers alike, share a platform as a friend to the child, and never will say no to a good time with the family, only in a different way as we can commonly refer to it.

Both women, both types share a common undistinguishable love for their children, however, both demonstrate that the most modern, most perplexing of the family pehnomena, the mother who is desperate to be the child's best friend, when she is supposed to be the grown up.

So I ask you, what are your thoughts? Where is the standard for a mother who is your dream mother? or the mother who does it right for the family?

Would you have one that is strict and old fashioned who wants to control what color of pants you wear inside today? Or would you wish for a best friend? Where is that balance, where is it to you that balance can be found.

In these times, who is your mother's best choices, is being a mother that difficult that one must be a grown up and lose the life that one has been living? Or should there be some youth left after marriage

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

zezlemet

zezlemet

Lv.20 Protector

No one can be truly perfect butr a good mother would need to find a balance of your 2 descriptions.Parent's need to be parent's to their kids first not friends

Signature
"If the worlds a stage and were all players...I want a rewrite!!!"

Example one: wrong thought, she's a stupid person who is spoiling of her child and needs to learn better.
Example 2:I'm actually confused by this one, what, one who will go out and party with her children and go to bars with her and such?
The standard of mother is not the perfect mother, otherwise the perfect mothers image would probably change. Personally I'd like one that controlled my life in the way that I couldn't tell, so basically just manipulated it but otherwise left me alone, I like being away from my parents alot, more time for myself. But everyones perfect mother differs from person to person, you have to make up your own mind.

(""\O.O/"")-"meow"

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

one that is caring and loving, but also can be strict with her kids... one that is empathic and is protective... etc... you can't be a friend and a parent at the same time, so you must "explain" you're actions to your children well enough so they "understand" where your coming from... and to make sure that respect is mutual. xD

-repeat-

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

where that line is drawn however?
where can one come from without coming together as a friend when the daughter needed a shoulder to lean on?
Or when the son needed support for something strange he has never come across before?
Where can one come to a balance however when one can be both a mother and a calm adviser, who will be caring, yet for some reason, always at a distant of motherhood?

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.