Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gnostic Bible; Pistis Sophia, for all ye faithfull christians! - Minitokyo

Gnostic Bible; Pistis Sophia, for all ye faithfull christians!

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

Well, I'm not a christian person, my faith is in other paths, but I consider myself a seeker of truths in holy and unholy writings.
Now this days I'm reading my new book: The Gnostic Bible, the Gnostic christians are a group of people that says that you can't get salvation only by faith, but also by knowledge, Gnosis means knowledge in greek.
The Pistis Sophia, holy book of Christian Gnostic cult is a very intetesting book, it tells the story after the resurrection of Christ, and how Christ teach the apostols many secrets of the universe, I think that every one of the many christian believers should read this book, and to judge by yourself if this is truth or not.
The book is free to download in google books and I put here the link, but is written in coptic (ancient egiptian), however as I said, every christian should look for this book and read it, I assure you that you won't think the same as before, or maybe not...

Pistis Sophia

There also many other gnostic groups, even satanic gnostic groups, don't be confused. I won's say more words I don't want to distort your vision of this text, make up for yourselves.

PS: if someone else have been reading the book, I want to know your impressions... ;)

It sounds like a bunch of heretics.....
Read what a bunch of stupid useless human wrote and believe it as if it's from God?

merged: 03-17-2007 ~ 04:27pm
Sorry but I haven't even finished reading the Bible yet so I don't think I'm ready for this

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Well, I didn't bother reading your thing, but to me it doesn't really matter. You don't need to be in a group to believe in something, just believe in what you want to believe in instead of always trying to be like everyone else. Because your guess is just as good as anybody elses, and the only difference is that with yours, you aren't screaming at people to join yours for absolutely no reason. Besides, if I found out the real answer, I would start slandering all the other religions and proving that they are wrong, instead of just putting unproveable facts about mine being correct

With honey and clovers

Do you really think tha Jesus spent 50 days after his ressurection just to teach his apostles the teachings of universe? If he is God, he is in their head and provides them all the answers any time...What's point is there in spenting time in human form to teach them?
think about that...

Quote by vatican92It sounds like a bunch of heretics.....
Read what a bunch of stupid useless human wrote and believe it as if it's from God?

Might I point out that the your precious Bible also happens to be written by stupid useless humans? The amount of proof validating the authenticity of the Gnostic Bible is as non-existent as that validating the authenticity (i.e. the fact that it's God's word) of your own Bible.

Quote by GreomerDo you really think tha Jesus spent 50 days after his ressurection just to teach his apostles the teachings of universe? If he is God, he is in their head and provides them all the answers any time...What's point is there in spenting time in human form to teach them?

Considering the fact that he spent several decades as a mortal doing just that, and the fact that as God he was effectively immortal, I would assume that 50 days wasn't much of a sacrifice on his part. He may simply have preferred a more hand-on approach.

I don't understand why people are arguing about this. Its so frustrating. I have a theory, shutup until you have proper proof. Not just a theory that you think makes sense, some solid proof that can be used.

With honey and clovers

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

Quote by GreomerDo you really think tha Jesus spent 50 days after his ressurection just to teach his apostles the teachings of universe? If he is God, he is in their head and provides them all the answers any time...What's point is there in spenting time in human form to teach them?
think about that...

Jesus says in the gnostic bible that the apostols are going to save the world, that's why he took time in order for they to learn how to do that, the apostols are human indeed, that's why they should be intrested, you can't get big things whitout effort, no pain no gain, Jesus died and then he come back to life with new powers, he suffered a lot, think about that.
If God exists is because he/she/it have learned a lot of knowledge, not just by some kind of mistic osmosis, that's some basic rule, in order to you to be great you got to give something. In this case your time,your effort, etc...
If the apostols don't make the effort maybe they don't have realized what is the big retribution behind that.

merged: 03-19-2007 ~ 06:32am

Quote by vatican92It sounds like a bunch of heretics.....

merged: 03-17-2007 ~ 04:27pm
Sorry but I haven't even finished reading the Bible yet so I don't think I'm ready for this

You don't have readed the pistis sophia yet, so you can't say it's heretics or not.
If you're taking the church "point of view", then you aren't seeing all the map, just a part of it.
I don't want to change your mind, but if you're gonna say something please read first.

I feel as though belief is the complete opposite of the study of something. I studied Gnostic writings, and I feel it's the same as the other ancient writings. How one views the writings is the only thing that matters in the end. Reality? History? Evangelion? Its up to you!
For more on Gnosticism check out: (thegodabovegod.com)

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

Quote by TwilightObsessionsWell, I didn't bother reading your thing, but to me it doesn't really matter. You don't need to be in a group to believe in something, just believe in what you want to believe in instead of always trying to be like everyone else. Because your guess is just as good as anybody elses, and the only difference is that with yours, you aren't screaming at people to join yours for absolutely no reason. Besides, if I found out the real answer, I would start slandering all the other religions and proving that they are wrong, instead of just putting unproveable facts about mine being correct

That's ok, I don't want all of you read this by force, I put this here if you want to read, and if you're intrested, my point of view is that every christian should read this, but i can't force you to do that. Every religion have good and bad things, I'm taking just the one right things for me.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.