Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Great Below wallpaper - Minitokyo

The Great Below wallpaper

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

hello my wallpaper got deleted last night.
The Great Below by DREAM

[EDITED]

Well, my theory is that it's the backgrounds fault. The background is too simple, its just the scan on a simple background, with simple text. Thats my theory atleast

With honey and clovers

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I would like to opt for restoration on this piece of artwork, simply because of the intense amount of effort put into the scan and because of the high technical quality of the scan restoration, extraction etc.
If not, well, I guess a few changes to the background and a resubmission is okay.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

You'll probably hate me for this, but as you asked then I'll honour you with an honest response...

The scan is extracted nicely, but ends suddenly & without reason. There's a sharp line down the arm where the scan appears to have ended and there's no attempt in which to merge it with the background. Also, the areas around the hair have simply been coloured in orange, without the pattern from the background.

The background itself appears as purely a fill layer. It may be a pattern, but it's still as much effort as using the paint bucket tool for a plain colour or a simple 2-colour gradient.

Yes, the butterfly is nice, but it's just pasted randomly in the centre of all that dead space.

The treatment of the scan is very nice with a lo of respect for the artists work, but as a wallpaper it falls down because there is little else but the scan.

I am sorry to say contrary to what Kuroimisa has said, it needs a lot of changes before it is ready for resubmission.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by saikusaThe scan is extracted nicely, but ends suddenly & without reason. There's a sharp line down the arm where the scan appears to have ended and there's no attempt in which to merge it with the background. Also, the areas around the hair have simply been coloured in orange, without the pattern from the background.

i followed the direction of the scan and extended it so it would cover her arm. it ends [viewer's left- girls right] because that is where i deemed the "armor" ends. the areas in her hair follow the scan if you look closely. they are pink highlights in the original i made mine orange.

Quote by saikusaThe background itself appears as purely a fill layer. It may be a pattern, but it's still as much effort as using the paint bucket tool for a plain colour or a simple 2-colour gradient.

since when can the background not be a a whole color or pattern?
see here and there etc.
is this a new rule?

Quote by saikusaYes, the butterfly is nice, but it's just pasted randomly in the centre of all that dead space.

The treatment of the scan is very nice with a lot of respect for the artists work, but as a wallpaper it falls down because there is little else but the scan.

actually the butterfly isn't "randomly" placed in the centre. due to the relation of the rose on her right arm it is strategically placed there.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

DREAM those two wallpapers you linked have a design, a concept in the middle. They arn't just an extracted scan with text on the horizontal. I agree with the deletion.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by DREAMi followed the direction of the scan and extended it so it would cover her arm. it ends [viewer's left- girls right] because that is where i deemed the "armor" ends. the areas in her hair follow the scan if you look closely. they are pink highlights in the original i made mine orange.

On her right, which is our left-hand side, there is a severe line the drops straight down. You may have extended the the scan, but it does not look like a natural end to the image... [url=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c198/saikusa/DREAMWall.jpg]This still looks like that's where the scan ends.

As for changing the colour in the 'highlights'... no offence, but so what? All it takes is colouring over the top & setting that layer to Overlay.

Quote by DREAMsince when can the background not be a a whole color or pattern?
see here and there etc.
is this a new rule?

Not a new rule at all. In the past we have deleted hundred (possibly thousands) of so called wallpapers because it was simple a scan dumped opn a plain black background. They're usually on black as people think that just looks cool.

Those two that you linked two are vectors. So even though there is a lot of plain colour behind them there have at least created the whole image. It is vastly different to pasting a scan onto a blank space.

While your's didn't have a pure blank colour, it was a simple fill layer. It takes seconds to click Layer > New Fill Layer > Pattern. It is not a background, but a flat layer against which the scan looks just as flat on the top of it. There is also the issue of the blank orange space around the hair. It's not even the pattern in the background.

Quote by DREAMactually the butterfly isn't "randomly" placed in the centre. due to the relation of the rose on her right arm it is strategically placed there.

Seriously? Because it genuinely doesn't look liek that. Virtually half of the wallpaper is dead space, of which in the middle of it is a random butterfly that has no connection to the image you have chosen.

Yes, it is a beautiful scan. Yes, it is a pretty vectored butterfly. But no, it has no signs of strategic placement, it has no relevence to the image, and it has no connection to the pattern in the background. It is just something to decorate a huge mass of dead space.

Ultimately I am not the one who deleted your wallpaper, but it is clear to me why it has been deleted. You may have put work into the scan and creating the butterfly, but the overall result is something that a newbie would create, not someone of your usual high quality.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

yes i see; i appreciate the feedback.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.