Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Paint-o-rama's PARADISE CITY contest! - Minitokyo

Paint-o-rama's PARADISE CITY contest!

Group announcement by Paint-o-rama

page 1 of 1 5 total items

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

With the sucessful number and quality of our previous contest entries, I am proud to present to you our third group project! Listen to this great song while you read what follows

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1838/contest3bannerug2.jpg

Summary:
Your mission will be, if you accept it, to make an anime wallpaper of any resolution you want, and provide a walk-through of your work afterwards.
The theme for this round will be Urban architecture. You can wall a city of the future or of the past, it's as you wish.

Your wall must feature one or more of these elements:
-A cityscape (NO black vecor shape in the distance! joo must paint!)
-An outside wall
-A building
-A statue
-Any other element of urban architecture you can think of
*official example: Paradise City by candy-chan ;D

Technique and style guidelines are the same asusual (click for a reminder) Any type of scan will be accepted, as long as it is fine with the MT policy.
**Nota Bene: please remember you have to paint your wall for it to be acceptable in the contest! Vectoring is fine as long as you post-process it.

Judging:
If any member wants to judge and not participate, contact me. If you want to start and organize a democratic revolution, it's as you wish. There will also be a vote for the most popular entry. The prize will again be a feature on the group's page.
you'll be judged on:
-Respect of theme & restrictions: Importance/Use of urban architechture /5
-Visual content: Aesthetics, Balance and Composition /5
-Technique: Painting job and look, Effort /5
-Originality: in technique, on subject and visuals /5

the Aftermath:
When the contest is finished and all the entries are handed over, I would like for you to go back to your wallpaper psd, and make us a little walk-through of the techniques you used. The walk-through can be a fully lenghted tutorial or just screenshots and explanations on how you worked (on the whole wall or the painted part, you pick). Everything will be added to the group's page as future reference.
This is to encourage members to share techniques and tutorials on digital painting. Because we never stop learning, and because I think no one is really that comfortable with painting in this group. Great way to learn and help! :D
Keep this in mind when making the wall, you might want to take screenshots

All entries must be submitted to MiniTokyo and posted in the paint-o-rama's guestbook before April 24, and the due date will NOT be pushed back. Shortly explain how and where you used painting techniques in your wallpaper description. You need to be a group member to participate.
that is all! Cheers

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

w00t another contest. I might enter if I have time... but I have exams first DX

but just in case anyone's looking for references of cityscapes, I found that the Place Promised in Our Early Days gallery has some awesome cityscape scans ;)

Oh wow, my next wall was actually going to be a cityscape too. Awesome!

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Hmm, I will try to participate. No inspiration currently.. But. I love this theme, wheee.

Yatta! I love the theme =)

Hey

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.