Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Linking Groups to Browse Section - Minitokyo

Linking Groups to Browse Section

page 1 of 1 3 total items

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

In referring to Groups Purge/Deletion announcement, I have a suggestion, just as the title itself speaks, which perhaps will benefit greatly. (If it was already proposed, then I'm happy to hear about it too :) )

From my survey, I see many duplicated groups. It is indeed confusing to members as they may not be able to decide which they should join. As a result, the main objective of establishing group may be lost.

Take the Death Note section in the Browse as an example>> http://browse.minitokyo.net/682/death-note/ .
Because some members may not know there is already a similar-themed group (as they intended to create one), this matter may resulted in duplicated groups>> http://death-note.minitokyo.net/ same to http://mt-death-note.minitokyo.net/ .
Furthermore, it is really not that easy to find certain group. By even typing the name Death Note in the search site may replied as "no group".

Thus, since the Browse section is the main site for everything in MiniTokyo, I suggest a section for groups' list be added below the "Death Note Forum; Discuss Death Note" there. That way, as mention before, it helps a lot to prevent any duplicated groups. Definitely there will be no excuse for members who have doubled groups. They can check by themselves the list there. (just like the new rule that future art-related groups need moderator's permission before they are created.)

Therefore, to implement this effectively, a system similar to requirements in creating a tread in In-depth Discussions forum is needed, which should include Anime Category. That way, it will linked up the group together with "Browse:(anime name)" section. :)

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

kokuyu you must have a spy around here somewhere! ;) Yes, we have discussed the possibility of linking the groups with their Anime on the Browsing page. All of the points that you make are valid and have been brought up by other Mods/Elites. Hopefully we'll be able to get something done about it soon! ^_^'

Signature Image

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Eeeeeeppppp! My 6th sense? X-P I am surprised too. Thanks very much! :D That's the solution that will solve once and for all~

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.