Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [Photoshop] Coloring Anime Eyes "HARD" - Minitokyo

[Photoshop] Coloring Anime Eyes "HARD"

page 1 of 1 20 total items

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

How to color Anime Eyes- Photoshop "Hard"
-------------------------------------------(...)
NOTE : I made this tutorial while vectoring my newest image, if your starting with a blank drawing, then use the colors you want, but still read every step!

Getting Started:
-Open your image, duplicate it and then get rid of the one that has the lock on it.
-Make a seperate layer underneithe the duplicate, and use a light but yet bright color, i perfer a lime green it makes the lines show up better.
- Lower the opacity of the duplicate image to around 30-40% your personal preference.
- Your now ready to get start, zoom really close on the eyes and make a new layer above the duplicate layer, name it EYES.

Step 1: Now on your new layer EYES. Select your pen shape tool, and trace then
entire eye in black, then use the "Subtract from shape area, to cut out the inside of the eye u want color like so.."
Img 1:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4531/img1bc8.jpg

Step 2: Now make a layer below EYES, name this layer EYE COLORS.

Step 3: Now to find the colors you will use bring the opacity of the Duplicate image back upto 100%, and goto the top of the eye before it gets black and select that color, Brush that color on ur EYE COLORS layer. Goto the middle of the eye select that color and put it on the EYE COLORS layer. Go below the eye and also at the very bottom before it turns black and select those colors and also brush them on the layer. "Here is my example"
Img 2:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1425/img2oh2.jpg

Step 4: Now for the first step in actually coloring the inside of the eye, select the
highest color and brush it on using a round brush "dont use a fuzzy brush yet! thisis important use the default brush at around 3px so u can get in corners easy" dont worry about overlapping the black outline your under the layer, just worry about going out side the outline if you do, just use the eraser. Color all the colors in the eye now. "Here is my example"
Img 3:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8905/img3oy9.jpg

Step 5: Ok I know your saying "this looks awuful!" but heres where we begin to fix that, Select ur smudge tool, use the 2-4px round circle brush at "70-80%" opacity, goto one side of the eye and start making light strokes in a half circle around the eye, make sure to distrubute the colors lightly and evenly. It'll look a little rough."Heres my example, hopefully u have somthing that looks the same"
Img 4:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5540/img4hb8.jpg

Step 6: Most people know how to gaussian blur, but did you know there was a tool to do this in small form?! Click the Smudge tool and hold down, select the blur tool, it looks like a drop of water. Use strenght 50%; now go around the image slightly and mix the colors up even more, be sure not to go out side of the outline! "all the rough colors will look smooth, use the blurr tool till they are smooth, dont over use it and mix the colors up to much though.

Step 7: Go beside the smudge tool and there is a hand select it, its the Burn tool.
It's now time to darken the parts of the eye that need to be darkened. the best place is at the very top and very bottom, use the burn tool "midtones, Exposure 50% 8-14 px" and slowly darken until the top look like its fading into the outline and so does the bottom is darkened and bright. "Progress so far!"
Img 5:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4606/img5aj6.jpg

Step 8: Select the sponge tool "its under the brun tool" An lightly around "50% flow desaturate 11px" the middle of the eye desaturate the eyes some... just in the middle on the sides of the pupil, its important not to go over board, just use the brush once, and only in the area!

Step 9: Heres where we give the eye its character ^_^, select the Sharen tool, its under the smudge tool, and go around the eye in a cricle and brighten it up once, twice if u like. Then re-select the smudge tool smooth it down some more. "this time select the smudge tool as a fuzzy brush try around "8-11px max 30-40% opacity", and smooth out the colors you just sharpened. the re-select the sharpen tol and sharpen around the edges of the pupil again... lightly. "So far..."
Img 6:
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9952/img6dt9.jpg

Step 10: Go ahead and select a fuzzy brush and fill in your white areas. Its alright to do that at this stage of the game. Grab a small smudge brush very small 2-3, and select 80% opacity, make small strokes around the eyes to add more character. dont mix the colors in the white parts! This is what gives ur character... well character.
Img 7: COMPLETED! Now on with your vector/drawing!
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9805/img7ks7.jpg

Congradulations you've finished the eye!... now onto the other one *pats u on the
back" If you have any questions, or just want to thank me by showing me your own colored eyes, i would be happy to see! ^_^ jadesrabbithole@yahoo.com or come on down to jaderabbit.minitokyo.net and give me a comment and show me your pictures, I would be glad to help out if you just can't seem to get it right.

Thank you for reading my tutorial~ jaderabbit
If you didn't enjoy it... then too bad ><,

pamkips

pamkips

?????

oh I am soo using this

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Wow! Great one ^^
Thanks so much for the tut! Really good!

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

Thanks, theres a ton of vector tutorials, but i tryed to make one that focused on one portion of vectoring, im glad you all liked it. I couldn't ever find a tutorial on coloring the eyes... since vectored eyes look ugly to me, i like the colored better...
Im currently still working on that scan, been 8 hrs today, will try to finish it by 2 days from now ><,

o0Beginner0o

o0Beginner0o

B for Beginner

check out deviantart, he~~~~aps of tutorials there, and most of them are really useful, just type in the search area what you want

Signature Imagei'm happy you're happy everyone is happy isn't that the best?

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

what devinart got to do with the tutorial i posted?
The way i do things is probably different than the way others do them.

shadowfoxza

shadowfoxza

world domination ...

This is useful ... I'm trying it out as soon as I get a chance

It's really useful :P ~ Thanks for the tut tho ^^ ~

Nice!

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

ChinoMareno

ChinoMareno

This is a girl in the picture

Um thats nice and all, but whats the point of coloring over an already nice piece of artwork?

Your avatar is an image which reflects your personality or an aspect of it. Minitokyo recommends against putting a female avatar if you are a male, and likewise for the other gender.

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

well if ur making a vector and the quality of the image isn't good then why not?

Then image i was using there was highly pixalated and around 600x700 or somting size... i made it 1500x +

Its for quality.

first words i said was "oh, cool", i'm an idiot.
it's a nice tutorial, useful for people who have patience. good job, lol

nice info thx for passing

Whoa very helpful tutorial. Thanks a lot.

Nice tutorial. Very helpful

Ohh, nice technique, I'll try it out sometime.

Thank you!

great tutorial, tranks a lot, very helpful

wow, that's great! Thanks! ^^

W00t! excellent tut! I'll be using this! thanks!

hazelmage

Blur One

excellent tut! i have been looking for it! thanks!

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.