Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best and Worst overly used anime names - Minitokyo

Best and Worst overly used anime names

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

Discuss any overly used anime names

(Akira, Ken, Miho, Kei, whatever)

and discuss if that makes the name all the better (because there are so many great animes with those names) or worse (makes you feel the name is too bland and common)

is it also used a lot in REGULAR Japanese names (like Akira) or is it only in anime for the most part?

one of my favorite names is Ashitaka mainly because it is almost never used in anything else (I heard it in Mononoke Hime)

one of my favorite over used names is probably Ken.... Whether it's a shortening of something like Kenneth, Kenichi, Kentaro, Kenpachi, whatever, it's overly used. I still kind of like it, but only if that's the real / full name, if it's a shortening of a name, it doesn't seem quite as cool.

-Boojitsu21 :pacman:

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

Hikaru is used all the time in anime. Some names are used often though because of their meaning in relation to the characters traits and/or personality, which makes it an understandable choice.

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

yeah hikaru is used quite a bit...

Slothy7

MR

Akira Kira Hikaru Sakura Kiba

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

Hmm... Kiba ?

haven't heard that one TOO much, care to list any shows with that name?

-Boojitsu21 :pacman:

sakura! jeez

sakura and akira! omgosh! lol, it's like those are the only names you hear in anime. also takashi, take, takahashi...all those "taka" stuff. I think no one has ever used Byakuya or Rukia or Renji...yes, i'm a bleach addict! :D

MrKarl

MrKarl

From the ashes, reborn.

Sakura definitely! The only anime where it truly suited the character was in Card Captor Sakura.

What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Sakura and Rei are ones that come to mind when I think about it.
Sakura - used in Naruto, Card Captor Sakura etc.
Rei - Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion etc.
Sora is also a quite frequent name: Naegino Sora from Kaleido Star, Osora Hiyo from the Love Monster manga and others.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

LifeAndColor

The Observer

Sakura is definatly overused. Kei is used quite a but too. I would also agree with Sora.

GloriaChan

GloriaChan

*-_Moments Of Love_-*

Sakura...i hate that name now GRRRR

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

definitely sakura! haha theres already 4 people that have said that, but i have to agree! Sakura is annoying. Im trying to think of another one...I think so far my favorite female name is Cheza because no one else has used it yet! (wolfs rain)

Sora is also pretty common...there was another female name thats really overused but I cant remember what it was..yea..hikaru is overused too. So is kiba and yuki.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

Here's another one:
Setsuna from Sailor Moon (name of Sailor Pluto's human alias) and from Angel Sanctuary (main male character).

Just out of curiosity, is Setsuna a boy's or girl's name?

// "I just keep practising saying goodbye to you" \\

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

dunno =\

Akira, Sakura, Hiromu, Yuki, Asano, Takeshi, Yoko, Hikaru too...

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

TygerStryke

TygerStryke

Cuz I'm a Rude Boi

Let's not forget Ryu. ^^

yukiyo

yukiyo

.: Autumn In My Heart </3

Yuki, Sakura, Hikaru, Sora, Riku, Kai

thats all i can think of now :)

- [ you can illustrate your death in romance ] </3

sakura and hikaru definitely! hell, those names are everywhere...

Sakura, Hikaru, Takashi, Kyo, Ryu, Yuki,Asano, Kiba, Yukimura

Sakura, Hikaru, Yuki, Akira, Ken and such...

Yoko + Sakura+ Hikaru

Of all mentioned name I'd still say SAKURA! Gosh I'm so fed up with this name! It seems almost all cute goody goody anime girls has to have this name! ~_~ I don't care about other names, this one is really annoying me lately.

civer

civer

chasing a dream

Sakura for sure. maybe the short version "kei" for a tons of name used quite often. Shinji maybe too

There is always something more important then your dreams.

i would have to agree with hinotama

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.