Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anyone watching Otogizoushi~? - Minitokyo

Anyone watching Otogizoushi~?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

It's already subbed up to episode 10 and so far it's shaping up to be one of the most promising anime series I've seen ^^~ IMO it's a hidden gem among all the crap titles pushed out this season! ^^

For those who are tired of the same old anime plotline, I would definitely recommend this! ^^ Beautiful animation, deep characters, captivating music, Otogizuoshi is simply a beautiful retelling of a fascinating era of japanese mythology :D

So is anyone else keeping up with this sleeper hit?

AnimeNfo - Otogizoushi [Click me for more info]

hmm i tihnk i dled the first ep long ago but found it nothing special and didnt continue watching it. maybe that was a mistake...

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

The pacing of the first episode is a bit wierd, but once you start watching the rest of the series the story pulls you in like no other ^^ It's leagues ahead of Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, and Syura no Toki :D *dodges flames*

ZyreX

ZyreX

PixelWiz

Seen the first 2 eps looks quite interesting ^^

Signature

akai

akai

`Procrastinator` ~ t(_ _ t)

I have all the 10 episodes sitting on my hard disk, but I've watched only the first epsiode (on the day of its release)... and the only reason is I didn't watch the rest is because I don't have time. I'm gonna catch the rest during the next vacation.

XD I like the opening song and ending song.

O.o Infestation of Ichigoism o.O

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

The opening is awesome indeed ^^~ Definitely can't wait for the single to come out later in winter :D

sword

sword

wuzzahh

lol cloud - i already have the songs. if u want em just go on #minitokyo irc channel and i'll serve it to u.

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

never heard ot his series b4....>__> but looks interesting XD thnx for the heads up!

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

darkzlevin

darkzlevin

Are We Who We Seem?

^^ never heard of the series too
*goes to mirc and starts downloading*

SUPPORT MINITOKYO BY JOINING THEIR MIRC CHANNEL
#minitokyo @ irc.rizon.net

Signature

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Quote by swordlol cloud - i already have the songs. if u want em just go on #minitokyo irc channel and i'll serve it to u.

Lol~ I just noticed it on MirKx too XD Too bad there aren't any seeders ;_; Looks like I'll have to install mirc on this computer too then ^^;;

I can't believe so little people have seen Otogizoushi~! It's currently being subbed by Ani-Kraze (good subber imo)

Go download it and tell us what you think of it :D

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

This show is definitely one of the best samurai anime for 2004 so far. It has a nice plot and a good amount of action and all, if you want the OP. try going to nipponsei IRC channel. :nya:

Btw... I think the reason not alot ppl know about it is because

1, I don't think theres enough ppl knows about AK (anime-kraze) subs or mirkx and especially mirkx (I tries to avoids mentioning them because they may become the next dlanime and get shut down and rebuild. XO
2. At first I didn't think the name was very catchy :D or maybe just me. :nya:
3. Alot of big anime bt place doesn't seems to talk about this one, and I'm suprise to see someone here in MT of all places talks about it. :nya:

My 2 cents. ^^

Signature

UndyingShadow

UndyingShadow

Snake Eater

hmmm ill check it out.

Signature Image

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

ooooo its that good eh <_<

i downloaed the first 10 eps..just havnt watched it XD

*goes to take cloudy's advice* >_>

ps. if osi dun like it, expect to be demoted XD XD

Signature

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Quote by Frosty 2. At first I didn't think the name was very catchy :D or maybe just me. :nya:

I also thought the name was a turn off at first ^^;; It's true that you can't judge a book by it's title, ne? btw, does anyone know what 'Otogizoushi' means? I'm too lazy to go figure it out XD

nyahaha~ I know Osi will like it =p lots of hawt guys for him to oogle at~ XD XD j/k *gets demoted then banned*

kyroooo

kyroooo

Gonzo-fan

I'm watching it. Heroine Hikaru is a very likable girl, but she has yet to shine herself. She was always protected by someone, but I perdict that she'll earn some respect by the end. Besides, her blossoming romance with the stalker XD Mansairaku is really sweet~~

Otogizoushi means story book or picture book. It also appears in the Inuyasha subtitle "a feudal fairytale" (sengoku otogizhoushi)~

I think the show is really well done. Some people wont like the animation at first and that might make them turn away from the show. I also think people older like > 17 will appreciate it more for its scenery and music. It is really historic (though i think the story is fiction)--like old japanese folk dancing and flute playing is shown. I like these type of animes, like this one kinda reminds me of Juuni Kokki, which is one of my fav anime. I would recommend watching at least 5 eps.

Hmm I wonder now if maybe the title was a bit of a put off, I've been following this one since it started ^_^ the art was the first thing that made me want to check it out, but Otogizoushi realy captivated me after the first episode and I knew that it would be one of the good ones this season ...these days it doesnt seem to matter who does the subbing and ani kraze has good subs too. There are some shows out there that have yet to recieve publicity at all Otogizoushi should be fine =)

There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only necessity...

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Quote by kyrooooI'm watching it. Heroine Hikaru is a very likable girl, but she has yet
to shine herself. She was always protected by someone, but I perdict
that she'll earn some respect by the end. Besides, her blossoming
romance with the stalker XD Mansairaku is really sweet~~

Rofl~ now that you mention it, Mansairaku does seem like the stalker type @_@ XD Hikari is definitely becoming one of my favorite female leads, next to Yoko from Juuni Kokki of course :D She has a strong sense of justice and loyalty to the people, it's really admirable ^^

Speaking of love connections, what are your predictions of Urabe and Tsuna? I think they make a cuter couple than Hikaru and Mansairaku XD (after seeing episode 10, I just wonder how they'll turn out =\)

kyroooo

kyroooo

Gonzo-fan

Tsuna is not the romance type, that's for sure. ^^ He sees Urabe as just a friend, and he's too preoccupied with protecting Hikaru.

Mansairaku is a stalker! He appears out of nowhere whenever Hikaru needs him... and he disappears into nowhere afterwards! If Tsuna didn't see him, I would of thought that he's just a figment of Hikaru's imagination! ^^

I'm looking forward to the present arc already~ from Newtype, Hikaru will have short hair... Tsuna is a thug... everyone's so funny-looking! XD

X3 otogizoushi~
I luv this anime, but I had only the raws eps.. and only ep1~5...
The OP is really great~ (luv this song), the characters are all simpathizing ^^"
Someone know where I can find the subbed version of this serie?
thanks ^^

Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I just watched the first episode this weekend and loved it ^^ I love traditional Japanese stories (ie: I'm a junkie) XD

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Quote by kyrooooI'm looking forward to the present arc already~ from Newtype, Hikaru
will have short hair... Tsuna is a thug... everyone's so funny-looking!
XD

ah~~ I saw the page too ^^ Hikari looks great with short hair imo ^^

Do you guys find it strange that Mansairaku's role in the conflict somewhat small? It seems like he's working in the background and appearing only in front of Hikari (hence the stalker affiliation XD) I have a feeling that later in the story there might be some connection between Seimei and Mansairaku =O

Quote by konekogamiX3 otogizoushi~
I luv this anime, but I had only the raws eps.. and only ep1~5...
The OP is really great~ (luv this song), the characters are all simpathizing ^^"
Someone know where I can find the subbed version of this serie?
thanks ^^

I still have yet to get the OP >.< You can grab the fansubs at ani-kraze's torrent tracker - http://www.anime-kraze.org/

kyroooo

kyroooo

Gonzo-fan

I've already been spoiled as to why Mansairaku is a stalker... and the end of the past arc. ^0^ Cloudnine, you are right on the trail!

Taiki

Almost Undead

Heyza, watching too...
Was a bit stunned at the transition to modern day Japan in ep 14, but I love the new OP. :D
The story and the art are great! X3
Then again, given how there appears to be all this talk about Tsuna, Sadamitsu & co. being stars surrounding Hikaru... Does that mean that the characters are all direct reincarnations and it's gonna be something similar to the first arc? :p
Can't wait to find out...

Signature
I just got me mind together... then me body fell apart...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.