Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Teachers talking about their own life - Minitokyo

Teachers talking about their own life

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

I think that it is good. When someone lder than you talks to you about his, it usually to give you any advice, I think it's an important thing.

xXZeroMeowXx

xXZeroMeowXx

Deleted Acount

oh yes @-@ and i hate it when they do, i mean. this is school, do i really want to learn about your life? if i did, i would become a shrink

108Stars

108Stars

Cinnamon Mama

One of my teacher is like that... He keeps talking for half a hour about his past experience and sometimes forget to teach the actual lesson to the class... Half of the class would go sleep on their desk (like me :P) or laugh whenever he tells something funny...

Nothing we can do about it, but sometimes it's useful to listen to his story, it gives me inspiration =D

'Speak softly and carry a big stick -- you will go far.'

Ok! Now I have a case that I don't like at all! >=( I really cannot tolerate my professor in "Humanities" subject. The main purpose of this subject is to teach students to appriciate art and gosh this professor does everything except making me appreciate his class and art, which I love most. I hate him for babbling about his academical acheivements in one of the best universities here (I cannot tell which). Yeah, he might have been a nerd and top student but he's a total a**hole when it comes to teaching. Imagine how many great artists, musicians, crafts-men, and actors/actress,master pieces, musics, and ect... we have and the only thing that he can bring up as an example for my classmate are, Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa & Last supper, and Michelangelo's Sistin Chaple! These are the only two things that he knows about!

As for music it cannot get any worse! He knows nothing! Hip-Hop was once his example of artistic modern music, regardless of the fact that some of my classmates hardly have any knowledge about great Classical Music Artists. I can hardly imagine they will appreciate it. My classmates cannot stand Classical Musics. (It's his JOB to make them appreciate it!) And to make things worse, his lectures usually drags from one artistic issue to todays technological improvement! I.E: Michelangelo's Sistin Chaple -> Nokia Cell-Phones! Gah! :angry:

P.S: I Skipped his class today! The hell! Teaching is an ART, itself, regardless of ones greatest acheievements. Not everyone can do that.

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

I think whenever a teacher talks about his/her life, it's interesting, because they're our "elders" and they've been around the block, so we as a new generation can learn things from them.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

The first time I took French, I had a teacher who talked a bit about her son, but if we got her going about food, particularly French food, she'd expound about it. Despite her love of food, she's actually quite slender. I don't mind when my teachers talk a bit about their personal life, because it makes it easier to see them as an actual person, instead of a one-dimensional individual.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

I had once a Geography Teacher (male) who had 5 children, wich were always the first characters of all his explanations. Just tell me how can you explain the wind talking about your youngest boy and his poo!?

Quote by TessaLover12I think whenever a teacher talks about his/her life, it's interesting, because they're our "elders" and they've been around the block, so we as a new generation can learn things from them.

I agree with that only IF the professor and his advises are knowledgable and respectful. There are cases that a teacher has to learn something from the student. I'm sure each and everyone of us has once encountered with such cases, wherein the student's idea sound wiser and much understandable than the teacher's personal or professional lectures. I know it's a very bad trate, but I cannot regard someone, especially in academic field, if he/she is close-minded.

HoezSnapz232

HoezSnapz232

Bojanglin Boo

yup i had a math teacher in my sophmore year of HS that would only talk about himself...it was terrible! instead of talking about geometric figures, he kept talking on and on about his life in the navy. and he still wonders why i almost failed his class...

Yes, my Philippine history teacher does that all the time, it is so boring, and well none of us really listens. So we just study for the next class.

darkdragon

darkdragon

the homeless person

i like to listen to them. its kind of interesting. its definitley way more interesting than the lesson they are trying to teach.

It's nice to hear about them for a change, instead of them fudging whatever we're supposed to learn down our throats. But it can get distracting. My teacher likes connecting the lesson to her past experiences, her family, her dogs, ghost stories and her overseas holidays, to the point of getting far from the original topic. You know how from one thing you will slowly but surely move on to another? And her kid is in my school as well, but in a lower form than mine. She can't stand her mum talking about her, says it's invading her privacy...

MatildaIII

MatildaIII

Its is somewhat disturbing about teachers talking about their personal lives but the irony of that, they waste time big time

The Moon....
The Bright Light
That Shines
Through the Dark

im having this problem as well but it's usually me who distracts the lecturer by saying something weird in the class and the lecturer would get into something else

anyway it depends on the situation really on how u can say it it boring and useless or entertaining and insightful

i think teacher try to teach you how to walk in this wild life, and show us a god things and bad things

Its great, whne they talk about their life, so the lesson ends fster and we do not have to do anything, thats great^^!

lol, my chemistry teacher talks about his life...no..correction more like his wife all the time. he doesn't keep ANYTHING hidden and it sometimes makes me wonder if his wife knows he's talking about her. lol. i like how he's go flamboyant about everything, it's funny and entertaining. X3

.. are stupid teachers

I've never had her, but she's interrupted my class a few times. One of the math teachers at my school can talk for days without end. o_o
It's even worse because she interrupts classes when she can't talk to her own class!

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

I wish they would... Really, I was totally hating it some years ago, but now I`m somewhere, where teachers don`t talk about they life, they just talk about their subject and we`re always happy when they say something about their life and we try to make them tell more...

I had. She was allways talking some nonsens about her "brilliant" son. Hate it. It was so boaring and annoing. Nighgtmare. Especially when she was stealing ouer brake time, cause we haven't done all we should do on a class. Horrible woman.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

yeah, my teacher talks about how he repent n it makes me know God more

Signature

pigoutgirl8

pigoutgirl8

Pulchritudinous.Rosebud

i've had a geography teacher like that!

we didn't do any geography that entire year... and he kept telling us about how lucky we are to be able to borrow high school textbooks from the school 'cause university textbooks were so expensive.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

yes it has happened i always just listen to it.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.