Sakura group in danger?!

Group announcement by Sakura

How about turning this group into a CCS+TRC Sakura one?

Yes
26 votes
No
2 votes
Delete this group
0 votes
Leave it as it is now
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

CuteSherry

CuteSherry

I seek peace in my dreams.

Cancel

I'm not just 'worried' about this group but more like EXTREMELY worried!
There're 170 members in Sakura group but anyone that would pass by would believe it's a dead group T__T
I have to confess that, as an admin, I'm at fault for neglecting it compared to others groups I'm taking care of...but that alone shouldn't explain the total lake of activity and life in this group.
Yes, the biggest problem is that CCS, as much as we all love it, has ended years and years ago so it's pretty hard to come up with something to talk about...
That's why I'm actually proposing something to all of you : how about turning this group into a group about CCS|Sakura but ALSO TRC|Sakura?
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is quite far from ending and we get new stuffs and news about it all the time = talking materials but also material for the content of the group page...
And then adding the 'usual' in a group would not be a problem : featured works, favorites entries by group's members (even thought it's not Sakura...), links, group affiliates, layouts, banners, latest news...anything necessary that would revive this group!
Or else...well...closing this group...? (No no NOOOO! T___T)

Zaza4

Zaza4

~.:llTsukimiya.Yukikoll:.~

Cancel

Since TRC Sakura and CCS Sakura are almost the same...

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

Cancel

woah! take it easy sherry-sama! well i prefer the TRC sakura for now since the CCS sakura is almost a 10 years past or less well maybe you can revive the group to a new TRC sakura :D
dont worry i'll try to help you!

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

midsummer

midsummer

Arashic! <3

Cancel

i go with combining the two groups together!

TreeFarieAaliyah

TreeFarieAaliyah

Midnight Princess

Cancel

umm...yeah...combine them...that's a better idea! and ill be active! as long as someone else is...

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

• Apr 17, 2007

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Cancel

I think we should combine them. ^_^ I try to be active lol. I'm just in a lot of groups.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Yuzupt

Yuzupt

Hopeful

Cancel

I think it would be nice
I love both
I'll try to be more active

jasmint285

jasmint285

Merlin's Apprentice

Cancel

I'm sorry for being so inactive...but I'm a new member so I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing...
but I agree with making it into a CCS + TRC sakura group

Signature
Being emotionally hurt is like having internal injury where the agonising pain kills you slowly without anyone knowing...and you can put on a brave front and smile at everyone around you to hide the fact that you're suffering...
Oh why did you have to do this to me?

• Apr 18, 2007

AmethystSnow

AmethystSnow

Lal Mirch

Cancel

lol,combine! XD

Signature Image
thanks to midsummer for the sigi~ XD

• Apr 18, 2007

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Cancel

People don't think about good old Kinomoto Sakure because they're wrapped up in the current events of TRC. However, if you incorporate TRC Sakura then you'll lose a little of your identity, because you created something for the original CCS Sakura instead of 'yet another trc group'.

TRC is no doubt mroe popular, because it is what is happening now... Perhaps the new CLAMP in Wonderland animation will spark her back into the spotlight, if only for a moment?

Or perhaps you could stir up a creative competiton? You know, something like the best wallpaper, doujin or vector could receive a little gashapon figure or something? Or perhaps cross-over with one of the other groups (off the top of my head I can only think of colourful wallies) & ask them if they want to participate in a CCS Sakura competition?

CuteSherry

CuteSherry

Cancel

Quote by saikusaPeople don't think about good old Kinomoto Sakure because they're wrapped up in the current events of TRC. However, if you incorporate TRC Sakura then you'll lose a little of your identity, because you created something for the original CCS Sakura instead of 'yet another trc group'.

TRC is no doubt mroe popular, because it is what is happening now... Perhaps the new CLAMP in Wonderland animation will spark her back into the spotlight, if only for a moment?

Or perhaps you could stir up a creative competiton? You know, something like the best wallpaper, doujin or vector could receive a little gashapon figure or something? Or perhaps cross-over with one of the other groups (off the top of my head I can only think of colourful wallies) & ask them if they want to participate in a CCS Sakura competition?

Well...the truth is I'm not the 'founder' of this group, if I remember well *blurry memories from 2 years ago...*, someone (one of the others admins but which one?) asked me to create it in his/her stead because at that time his/her artistic level did not allow him/her to create a group in the old MT...So it sound weird but I'm the 'creator' but not the 'founder' ^^;; Well, of course I've been a CCS fans for years...
As for the purpose of this group, I think the original idea of the founder (whoever it is...) was not a group dedicated to Sakura as a character but for the anime Card Captor Sakura if I remember well. So I guess you can say that in this thread, I kind of arbitrarily turned it into a group dedicated to the character itself which gives me the opportunity to propose to add up the 'new' Sakura from TRC too aha~ *my evil plans are out* But seeing all the admins *including the founder...and excluding Zaira who is here with me* are pretty much goners ( lunacrystal --> last online 4wk 3d ago / MoonlightEternity --> last online 20wk 2d ago / Minato --> last online 43wk 3d ago / LucyXlostangelwings ---> last online 11wk 3d ago) I guess I can makes changes if all the members are ok with it, of course *which is the purpose of this thread...*
As for activities and competition like wallpapers/doujinshis making, I already know far too well, from experience, that it does not work : the last time I think we got 1-2 participations after more then a month or something...that was pretty pitiful, really...T___T And even if we consider it works putting a prize or working with others groups, this is only a temporary solution that might revive the group while the competition is up but afterward......
*I'm really being super pessimistic today o.O*
I understand far too well your point about losing the 'original'' Sakura, but I have to confess to you this is the only solution I could come up with (a solution that could last for a long time at least) for reviving seriously this group and making a big update/relooking...And let's remember I'm suggesting to turn it into a group for BOTH of them, even though TRC|Sakura will certainly have more protagonism for a while ^^;;
That said, please remember this is only a proposition, and idea of mine : if the members think too it should stay like it is or have interesting others suggestions *like yours ^__^*, I won't do anything.
I think *and always will* that a group is its people and that us, admins, are not only one more of them but also work to create a place they will like to pass by from time to time and have a good chat with people that shares the same interest as them + find infos and news etc.... :) And...going to a group where there're no news, no much changes and no talking is...pretty boring...
Arrgg! This post is too long! My neck huurrrttsss T___T

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Cancel

THere's a lot of history to this group :)

Well, it seems that in order to survive you must evolve. Expand your horizons & include TRC Sakura too. After all they are the same girl, the same soul, the same character without being the same person.

Personally I like the idea of something purely for CCS, but I have a deep love for the series & the character. Naturally TRC is more popular & therefore will attract more members & more activity...

If (and I strongly suspect you will) you add TRC Sakura then make sure you keep your group distinct. Groups that are too similar are being purged, and it would be a shame to see something happen to this one.

slasherxwan

slasherxwan

~Searching 4 Answear~

Cancel

I only into the original CCS..
TheTRC is not quite capture my heart..
It's ok with if u want to combine this two..
After all..It's about sakura and shouran..
Lol...Agree with the combination..

Signature

MizuhofanFFX2se

MizuhofanFFX2se

Mizuho fan - FinalFantasyX2 fan

Cancel

Leave it as it is now.
there two just come form CLAMP but they not one. even characters have same name that don't make them one.
it sad that Sakura group halt like that. but it is the way, since it was 10 years old.
it base on member,
do you feel Ah! My Goddess, halt like that. it may be low down in active, then some one can forget about it, but if someone was like it, it still have life. not thing is dead until it is bad one.

Mizuho fan Final Fantasy X-2
Signature Image
Xenoxaga I-II-III
Onegai/Please Teacher | GTO

Cancel

Quote by MizuhofanFFXLeave it as it is now.
there two just come form CLAMP but they not one. even characters have same name that don't make them one.

I agree with that....leave sakura group as it is now.

CuteSherry

CuteSherry

Cancel

Things are really getting complicated for me ^^;;
The majority always win, of course, but it gives me a bad feeling to do something if even one person is against it, and there're five! T______T Awww! No! 7 with the two 'no' T________________________T
I decided from the very start to wait for an entire week for the results of the voting + hearing the opinions of the members.
Let's see how it will turn out in the coming days ^^;;

merged: 04-24-2007 ~ 02:20pm
Here it goes...my one week delay passed by and the results are that, out of a total of 27 votes, we've got 20 ok and 7 no...
The whole purpose of a 'vote' is that the majority always wins...that said, that 1/4 of the total voters are against my idea bothers me quite a lot ^^;;
So I will give a one last chance to CCS|Sakura and update the group page as to give her more 'space' then TRC|Sakura...Now if in 1 month this group is as...'silent'...as ever, I will update it and it will 50/50 for both Sakura. And whatever happen from that point on and if either of the 2 Sakura takes the protagonism more then the other, I won't do anything about it...

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.