Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wasabi: can you take it? - Minitokyo

Wasabi: can you take it?

Can you take the taste?

Yes
32 votes
Just barely
13 votes
No
8 votes
Other
1 votes
You're allergic >D
0 votes
Never tried it
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

yukiyo

yukiyo

.: Autumn In My Heart </3

this thread refers to wasabi as in the japanese condiment, not the song by Lee Harding...just in case you were wondering :D

so, how many of you can take the sharp, nauseating taste?

i think most of you are familiar with the term wasabi, but i'll define it just in case:

People eating wasabi will expect wasabi to burn the tongue, hence, the sudden, searing pain in one's sinuses will come as a shock to new consumers of the spice. However, the true wasabi makes the tongue feel cool. The eater will also naturally expect that more wasabi means a more intense pain, however it is the amount of wasabi vapor that reaches the sinuses that will determine how much pain one will experience. Sinus pain will start quickly, and end quickly; unlike habanero pepper, for instance, that will gradually reduce its painful intensity over time. People with particularly sensitive sinuses should use caution when eating wasabi since those with pre-existing conditions might experience sinus inflammation as a result of the irritation by the wasabi vapor.

i dont know if theres a thread about this condiment yet, so i decided to make one ^____^

how much wasabi can you take? what do you eat it with? O___O tell me your first wasabi experience too :D

happy posting XD

- [ you can illustrate your death in romance ] </3

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

what about your own experience =p
anyhoo i've never had it myself but i'll be willing to try it =D

Signature Image

yukiyo

yukiyo

YEAH~! i forgot my own experience~! well here goes:

when i was 7, my mother thought it was about time for me to start eating spicy food. her family lived with spice as their friend. so, my parents always had a side bowl of chili to eat out main meals with. well, that fateful day, we were at a social gathering, an all asian one. it was dinner time then and one of the dishes served was nigirizushi.

mother just had to give me the piece with the most wasabi hidden beneath the roe >____>;; i drank tonnes of water after that. and the water burned my tongue XD oh well, i never ate it again XD

I love wasabi! The taste and the scent is gooooooooooddd
It's like my ketchup....
But sometimes it hurts my eyes and nose

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

Wasabi isn't hard to take.. and i was able to take it when I was small, eating it with Sushi and Sashimi.

Wasabi is nothing compared to certain chillies. In fact they are exhilaratingly good with sushi and sashimi! :)

info-0

info-0

Hellgate operator

Yup sushi and sashimi without wasabi = no good ^^

If you want to eat spicy try Thai or Indian cusine :) It just burns hell in you :P

...::The only easy day was yesterday::...

never tried it...........

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I ate a traditional Jewish Passover meal once that I was invited to. They put raw horseradish on the lamb that they ate. I ate some on mine and it was MORE spicy than any wasabi I had ever had! It was good, but WOW SPICY! NEEDED LOTS OF WATER!

chicharon

chicharon

Welcome to The Pig Pen

the hotness that you taste from wasabi is so much different than chilli's chilli's are too hot that lasts longer. wasabi is quick and clean... bursting even! ^^
it's like the element of thrill whenever you eat japanese food! its like without wasabi... there is no life with what you're eating! i am a fan of wasabi and i guess all of my family thinks the same way too ... this reminds me... i love salmon sashimi! hahaha!
the trick is.... if you accidentally eat wasabi and you think its too hot for you, don't drink water... just blow air out of your mouth slow and long...it actually works better than drinking water

yukiyo

yukiyo

actually, i can take chilli, but have a harder time going through wasabi. but thats just me. thanks for the tip chicharon, i'll keep that in mind ^_____^ oo and about the salmon, me and two other friends went out to eat in a japanese restaurant after school. we were eating sashimi then XD one of my friends didnt want to eat the sashimi because she believed that it would give her stomach tumors. is this true? i dunno, but me and my other friend kept going on eating XD

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

If you can take chilli, I suggest you order some (look at the red writing on my previous post) from the internet... I think that'll give you some second thoughts. =PP

I can take chilli... but not the one I mentioned. Yes, stomach tumors? I wouldn't have a clue.. but I guess it'll give you some serious stomach problems.. if you eat ALOT.

Ochibi-san

Ochibi-san

v. ?? ?? ?

NOO! Wasabi...the poison to my death..>_<
I hate that stuff! So icky and spicy and GREEN! When was the last time you saw something edible that was GREEN? (Well, besides veggie and jello)

<.<...nasty..stuff..bleh...

v. ?? ?? ?

yukiyo

yukiyo

Quote by Ochibi-sanNOO! Wasabi...the poison to my death..>_<
I hate that stuff! So icky and spicy and GREEN! When was the last time you saw something edible that was GREEN? (Well, besides veggie and jello)

<.<...nasty..stuff..bleh...

XD hmm...pandan cake, honeydew bubbletea (the honeydew bubbletea in my local shop sells green ones >_<) and...mint leaf thingo candy ^___^, green chilli, chinese new year quie (they come in pink, green, orange and white...stuffed full of coconut <3) i think thats it...all i can think of anyway XD

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

Green aye? ECLIPSE MINTS! Yum! Apple skittles? That's green. =PP And skittles are edible. Green Icypole?

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Well, I've never tried it, but I doubt I would like it much...

Signature Image

o0Beginner0o

o0Beginner0o

B for Beginner

i misjudged wasabi when i first tried it...i thought it would be like chilly and just burn your tongue...i was so wrong, the scent runs up you nose and into your eyes once you eat it.....thought i was gonna die when i swallowed a big clunk of it*and never will i do it again XD*

Signature Imagei'm happy you're happy everyone is happy isn't that the best?

yukiyo

yukiyo

YEAH~! SPEARMINT ECLIPSE MINTS~! haha, my friend couldnt stand the cinnamon one and gave it to me >____>;;

haha, i <3 the cinnamon ones ^____^

lianppoper

lianppoper

[Free Bird]

i can take a small pinch, but tears would flow if i'd take in as much as a piece of eraser XD

Signature

yukiyo

yukiyo

hmm...yeah, i dont like the nasal thrill you get when u take alottt at once lol XD

Aurielle

Aurielle

halfdevil_an9eL

my..it really burns sometimes....

yukiyo

yukiyo

hmm...anyone here who eats fresh wasabi?

if you do, can you tell me what its like? it sounds interesting XD

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

The closest type of spice to wasabi is mustard. similar BOOM effect XD

i used to mistaken it as kiwi cream when i was very young. upon eating it, WOW! my nose feels like shooting steam, and i started to cccrrryyyyyy T_T

well, now, it's a pleasure, better than Tabasco sauce, at least :D

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

No... TT TT~

"Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak. It just means that you are strong enough to let go."

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.