Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What Art Software do U use? - Minitokyo

What Art Software do U use?

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Hi ppl, What software do everyone use for artwork? After reading about the recent release of Adobe CS3, I felt that a software package costing the same as a computer system, there's got to be an alternative. Recently, I was told some substitutes, such as GIMP (alternative to photoshop), and it's FREE. Actually, the correct term should be opensourced. Is anyone using that?

GIMP?Never heard of it.But I use Photoshop and JASC Paintshop.Mostly Photoshop,but it's kind of complicatited so I need alot of tutorials found on DevianArt.
But mostly,I just draw art with pencil,then draw over the pencil with a black pen.Mostly I don't even dare to colour it,afraid to ruin it.But if I were to colour it,then it would be with Photoshop.
I also had a tablet before but I totally couldn't draw with it,so I got a scanner and gave the tablet to my dad who would put it for sale.

I had a tablet too...but I think it would be more useful if the tablet had a display which reflects my drawing.

lianppoper

lianppoper

[Free Bird]

GIMP is nice. i still use photoshop though~
you should try gimp, takes up less space other than being free ;)

i use Corel Photo Paint, Jasc Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop etc.
for animated GIFs, i use Imageready, Animation Shop and Ulead Video Studio :)

Signature

Quite a variety of tools that you're using...I guess that's pro

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

no corel paint is for doing more advanced paintings, "google cg society" too see what i mean. I use photoshop cs2 or 9.0 w/e u want to call it, an 7.0 is just as good. u dont have to be good just because u use 5-6 differnt orograms, just depends on how u use them.

U're correct, I guess number of art software can not define a professional, it's how well you use them!

info-0

info-0

Hellgate operator

I use Photoshop CS2 and for that there is NO repalcement. GIMP for me is useless, it has less options than GIMP or Paint Shop Pro :)

I also use Illustrator and Corel Painter IX (great software, but costs quite a bit ^^).

...::The only easy day was yesterday::...

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i use photoshop CS ive been using it for a few years now, i dont need cs2 as im happy with CS
for photoshop you can probably get photoshop 7 pretty cheap, you may be able to find a free copy on a pc magazine cd/dvd as they tend to have free software from time to time.
take a lookat the newsagents at pc magazines or digital art mags

Signature Image

I usually use PSCS. Got it for free from someone that got it from someone that got it from someone... Even though I think you're only allowed 2 PCs per copy or something... ah well.

There's also ArtRage 2, which is something like $20, but it's a purely painting program and absolutely amazing at its ability to imitate traditional media. (There's also the free version but it doesn't have layers...)

I also use OpenCanvas 1.1 and 4.06e, the later of which glitches a lot on my laptop so I just use 1.1... It's quite nice. 1.1 is free! but not as powerful and for some reason there is no "normal" setting for layers, but rather an "add" layer when you want to add white or something...

Either way, it's not what program you use, but how well you use it.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Jasc PaintShopPro = <3 ^__^ not as many filters and such, but that means you develop less dependence on them. and I think the interface is easier (ie easier to use), especially the pen tool. and I love the separate Vector and Raster layers ^^

ArtRage = <3 . I have the free version, so no layers. sucks there, but I love the effects (want a tablet!), especially the marker tool!

Corel Painter IX. powerful painting program, more functions than ArtRage. digital watercolour and blenders are nice (blenders nicer than smudge, if you know how to use them). But very complicated to use and understand D: (I still don't)

Open Canvas 4.06 = <3 . Great painting program. easier to use than Painter, and has similar effects to Painter's digital watercolour.

right now, I use PSP for the general stuff, like putting things together, as well as vectoring. Painter and OC for the painting parts (then export to PSP to put together). sometimes use ArtRage for the specific effects.

What is the main improvements from PS 7 to PS CS2?

PS7
Thats about it.

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

Cs2 is what i use now, i mainly use to use ps7 upto about 3-4 motnsh ago. Thanks to someone for giving me a copy of cs2.

There really isn't a ton of improvements from ps7-cs2 except that theres a few extra eatures and some of the old options like "Ocean ripple" have more o them now than they priginally had.
I personally think it runs smoother as well, and works better with abobe bridge and imageready cs2.

I use Photoshop CS2. It has allowed me to do things never done before! I have used Corel Painter IX.5, but it is not as good as Photoshop CS2. What is new in CS3 anyway?

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

Photoshop CS2 (getting 3 soon) and from time to time, a Wacom tablet (9x12).

Gimp. Works well enough for me, although most of the time i have no clue what i am doing.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.