Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How does a vector differ from a wall/ wallpaper? - Minitokyo

How does a vector differ from a wall/ wallpaper?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

I know different vector & wallpaper contests but what is it exactly that differ the two? Despite of sizes... and how is it made? :\

Can you please tell me? :sweat:

merged: 04-24-2007 ~ 01:55pm
* how is a vector made?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

One is clearly where you make the background (wallpaper) and vector is just tracing.
Sometimes there are vector wallpapers where you vector everything in the wallpaper (background or character, shapes or whatever.)

First things first, vectoring is a medium, not a style.

You useually use the pentool and start with a vector based canvas (Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw). Vectors are images that are mathematically plotted so when they enlarge, they don't lose quality or get pixellated. A good example is a square.
But anyway, the "vectors" you see on Minitokyo are really rasterised vectors: they are all bitmap (jpeg is bitmap) so they are not technically vectors. The original file is, though (in most cases anyway).

Vectoring usually involves retracing and recolouring.

Anyway, wallpapers are generally artworks where you have a character and you give it a background.
Vectors are more images retraced or traced in some other way to make an image high quality.

Wallpapers incorporate a whole lot of techniques: you can vector, brush/ paint, incorporate stock photos and many other things. It's up to the artist.

Wallpapers are made for people to use on the desktop.
Vectors are usually made for wallers so they can use them in their wallpapers.

Anyway I'm not going to bother talking about every single difference there is; there are plenty of existing threads in the forum you can search up and read :) There's also google, too. Hope that explained it!

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

wow! thanks! your explanation is alot of help already n_n THANKS ALOT AGAIN kuroimisa! XD

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.