Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poll: WHO WANTS TO KEEP THE ABSTRACT ART SECTION? - Minitokyo

Poll: WHO WANTS TO KEEP THE ABSTRACT ART SECTION?

Who Wants To Keep The Abstract Art Gallery?

Yes. I like posting art in there.
28 votes
Yes. I like looking at abstract art.
109 votes
Don't Care. I never look at it.
130 votes
No. Its mostly bad 3D renders in there.
44 votes
No. I hate it.
29 votes
Um... What's Abstract Art?
29 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 78 total items

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Some abstract art in the gallery is free form stuff that took artistic talent to create, and that I agree should be in an "original" section in part of the doujinshi gallery. Why can't we just have a CG art section as well? I mean, with abstract, the actual art is hard to decide if it's "good," since modern art defies aethetics, but pure CG renderings, while lovely in some cases, aren't as mentally and creatively intense as original works that happen to have a limited relation to the real world.

As for broadening the scope of doujinshi...Americans have made a practice of taking foreign words and creatively translating them... It wouldn't be much of a stretch for us to include "original abstracts from anime influenced artists" for the definition.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

Was looking through pages and pages and some people doesn't know what Abstract art mean and they posted Vector art in there. Although I do know what Abstract art mean, and I kinda like them, but making a wall that absolutely doesn't shows what Abstract art is, it's like a total junk.

I'd say nuke it since most of the walls are like trash. And get the nice walls to move down to doujinshi section.

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

- Do you want to keep Abstract Art?
i'm actually at a neutral state, cause i do like abstract something.
but seeing as the abstract corner is not really popular
and i did not even nnoe of an abstract corner.
and the works are not really say really nice too,
i think you should move it to doujin too.

- Do you LIKE Abstract Art?
i'm okie with it, but maybe people do not understand,
well actually, it's all just random art, put together with diff things.
so you could say i like it but not as much as anime wallies~
cause it's kinda boring after a while.

- What do you think of it as a section and the quality of art it attracts?
i think the section should be scapped~ no one really bother anyway.
even if doujinshin means something else, but....where else?
general wallies, are more of diff arts too~ so yeah!
plus some are just rather art, which are not even nice yet they are still there even though of low quality seeing as not many people upload stuff there~
only a few are worth keeping.

@ren-kun: gomen~ XD but wad saikusa is saying is kinda true, not many people like abstract~ >.<

Signature Image

black-kat

Scanner

To tell the thruth there are many 3D renders that I find unnecesary >_>
I like some of those abstract works, but it can go if it were up to me <_<

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I like some of the abstract art.
I also think that some of it is 'junk' and not really art... just some color splash here and there with Paint Shop Pro....

Is there some way we could get rid of the ones that are not as good as the others? I do not want to insult anyone's works, but some of them are lacking in artistic ability and in asthetics. I'd like to keep it if possible, I'd hate to get rid of the pretty are that is there.

I don't think we should keep that section.

This is an anime&manga site, not art.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak. It just means that you are strong enough to let go."

first of all sorry for my poorly english... and hi! of course...

I

I never even knew what abstract art was until looking at this lol.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

yeah~ same as me~ though i knew that people posted abstract art, but not in this section more to general wallies~ ^-^

Signature Image

Azumi11

Azumi11

Doujinshi Forever

I'm sorry to say i'm not into abstract art..but if there are still people posting in abstract art maybe MT can combined it with doujinshi since i cannot picked out which one abstract or doujinshi..hehehe..or if it fits with wallpaper just put it general wallpaper..anyway..it's up to you guys to decide!

Signature
'Be inspired and be happy....'

Cheza1982

Scanner

Cheza1982

Well, I really like the abstract section. I often go there, fav some cool work and download it.
I have a special file on my PC and like to look on these great pieces of art.
Yeah, there are some works which are really poor done but nobody is perfect.

But let the users decide in the poll to keep it or not.
I would be very sad but if all decide to erase it I would accept it ^.^

sakura-uchiha06

sakura-uchiha06

Beleive it!

I voted for abstract, they can be pretty good too look at XD

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

The last time I read about what it was for, it said it should be any artwork without characters in it. That was why I posted some of my sceneries in there. But then again, I wouldn't mind if I get to keep my stuff instead of being nuked along with the others.

merged: 05-18-2007 ~ 12:24am
Frankly, I don't even know why there was an abstract section. I thought MT is all about anime and doujinshis?

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

honestly speaking, it is like this, if I am looking for great abstract art, I go to Deviant's not MT, so frankly, bomb it, that is... if it saves space for anime stuff, the rest I am ok with it.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Taking a look through the abstract art section, a good half of it isn't even abstract. it's just some drawing that someone did, and while they may have come up with the idea for it, they didn't abstract the content in any way, shape, form, or fashion, and thus it isn't abstract art.

super-anime-fan

super-anime-fan

Archangel of Might

I think you should keep it. Even if I don't like it, many others do and while they don't know about this poll then we really shouldn't delete that section.

Vivaldi

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

even though this may be an anime forum, but it's an art forum too, if you must noe~ but one thing, many people REALLY do go to deviantart to look for abstract art if they want to find any thats where you can find them mostly, well MT, here is more of the anime, so why keep it if not many people post there, and not saying that all the work are like rubbish, but some are effortless, why should they keep their art works which no one likes, yes you can keep some, just move it to another section, that way you still can upload abstract act but maybe not those just backgrounds and all that, maybe like with at least a anime scan in it, so itt can stay in the forum. thats what i think.

Signature Image

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

I say out with it, but where is chubbykitty going to submit her artworks? I see a lot of her works in there and I love them T-T

and these two walls too :
A conversation With The Demon by ryannzha
Anima by Felesya

oh oh! lets make this simpler - I agree with Maplerose

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by starrliteangelI say out with it, but where is chubbykitty going to submit her artworks? I see a lot of her works in there and I love them T-T

Doujinshi & General Walls.

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

i Like abstracts... but i hardly ever look at them here.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

yup, so that means, that abstract art id not a really popular section here, why keep it right~

Signature Image

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

well, if it's wallpaper-sized, it's okay to go in General Walls, but if it's not wallpaper-sized... I guess we'll have to loosen the restrictions on Doujinshi to include non-anime-related art...

Agree with the changing of directory...
Only wallpaper-sized...Otherwise...gettout!

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

First off- am I the only one who sees 53 pages in the Abstract Art section? >_>

This is probably the first time I've been totally against Saikusa x_x Anyways, Getting rid of the entire section because you think some of the artwork sucks is a matter of perspective, not fact, regardless of how many people share your opinion. I do agree there is a lot of it that I don't find to be good, but rather than scrap the entire section why not clarify the standards and raise them? There are plenty of terrible wallpapers here too, but you don't start scrapping those galleries. Every section is going to have art you think is lousy, unless all the submissions and are just really marvelous (quite unlikely, though) or else you're just biased in favor of that section.

I personally agree with MapleRose, the Abstract Art section should stay because there are people here who like it and submit very nice work in there; the rules and standards just need to be updated to help with the quality of the work. And the comment that once you have "seen one, you've seen them all" isn't fact at all, but a bias you can slap on anything you don't like. And page number should never have been an issue in the first place- there are plenty of galleries that barely have two pages, but they help you find what you are looking for rather than cramming it in with another section. Why alter the doujinshi section and add more havoc to two galleries that we already know what goes in there?

Final point, if we start scrapping galleries because we think they "suck", where do you stop with that logic? When you've weeded out all of the sections you don't like? It's impossible to make everyone truly happy, I know, but that doesn't mean we can't be civil with the things we don't like, and besides, no one makes you look in the abstract gallery. I hate ecchi, and how easy it is for something to shoot to the top of the Popular section just by having some boobs hanging out or a panty shot, but it's generally obvious when something is ecchi so I avoid it rather than making a fuss, even if it is against my standards because that's what was a part of MiniTokyo when I joined here, same with the Abstract Section. Rather than kicking it out, just clarify your standards and show you expect more from it.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 78 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.