Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does anime influence your personality? - Minitokyo

Does anime influence your personality?

Does anime affect the way you act around others?

Yes <3
13 votes
I've adopted some concepts of characters O_O
11 votes
Hell no~!
2 votes
I dont even watch anime >___>
0 votes
Other
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

yukiyo

yukiyo

.: Autumn In My Heart </3

hmm...the title seems a bit vague - so ill define it a little more to make it clearer ^_^'

does anime influence the way you act about yourself/others/family? in some cases that i've seen - the whole cosplay thing can go a bit too far...

so - after youve watched an anime you really like - do you take concepts of the character and add it to your ego to spice things up? one of my friends is like this - full sasuke uchiha O____O

it sometimes seems as if anime has an influence over its viewers - changing their view of life and their morals. anyone feel the same way?

i just wanted to know if anime does anything to affect your personality ^_^'

- [ you can illustrate your death in romance ] </3

Yeah. I suppose that it does, i tend to act like a manga character that I have taken a liking to, like fay from Tsubasa- his blank (crazy) smiles are really good to use on people to scare (and scar) them. (you should try it! it works- tested and proved formulae to scarying your friends).

I don't think that anime or manga have that much influence over morals and beliefs, but it may help slightly in shaping someone. (but not a total makeover- that's just plain scary).

// "I just keep practising saying goodbye to you" \\

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

A total anime makeover would be quite disturbing......but it's in most peoples nature to pick up characteristics of others that they see and like, sometimes it's temporary sometimes it's permanent. Naturally the more anime you watch the more you'll have anime influence your personality but the same can be said for playing games or watching movies (such as the whole games, violence and children issue).

Personally I think anime has made my life happier for the simple reason that I don't take anything nearly as seriously as I use to. I enjoy anime because it's an abstract world with far more possibilities, in turn I've started looking at my own world in a much more abstract manner. I'd say you need to be open-minded to watch many animes and this open mindedness is something that makes the real world far easier to accept.

Greater acceptance = less complexities = no worries

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

HikyuuTera

HikyuuTera

*~*The Kenshin Addict*~*

lol I guess so. *shrugs* I do find myself talking like Kenshin >.>x alot. And sometimes speaking in Japanese which is weird..

Also I tend to believe in certain character beliefs and liking the same things as that character..

However I already had an anime character's personality before I knew of that character, Sailor Jupiter aka Kino Makoto. *plus the fact she was born the same day as she and has the same features... sweat-drops* anyhow that isn't something that I liked nor had meant.

I do agree with littleJonny though on that because it's true that the more you're around some one or talk to that some one or watch certain things their personality traits do indeed start to rubb off on to you.

Signature Image
The way to atone is to believe in what we have here.
-Kenshin

I think that everything in your environment that you pay special attention to and absorb affects personality, so I'd say yes on a deeper level. But on a more shallow level I'd say yes as well... only small aspects though, such as saying certain words or phrases that an anime character says, or facial expressions, or certain small personality quirks.

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Yes.
So much that
around my home
I'm being treated as
some kind of
a benign lunatic.

(See why?)

lianppoper

lianppoper

[Free Bird]

i don't know~
not that i know of..
but people do say i act like anime T_T
i don't really notice ><

Signature

xaeroak15

xaeroak15

The End/Out/Age of infinity

In the special period I have been influenced by some chara...

They are all cool in my mind...

but with the time past,they all fade...

If you like someone very much , it recommend you to do so that

prove how you like it...

Signature
We are all in the infinite loop...

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

Hmmm.......

In a stray sense, I do. ....but all I ever do is quote various obscure lines. Personally, I think that it would be an insult to adapt the mannerisms of another. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and mimicry has always been a pet peeve of mine, truth be told.

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

Heaven forbids! I can't imagine being in a yaoi manga!

selemental

selemental

GONE. lol

XD What you say is very true, yukiyo!

After I finished watching Excel Saga once, I couldn't help but talk really fast
like Excel Excel! And my mom said I "sounded" like her, yeah! XD

So yes, the things you read and watch (believe it or not) takes an effect on your
ego, your morals, and your personality, yeah. If it didn't then reading hentai would be okay
to read, yeah. ):3

Owner of: tou-no-uwaMember of: userpageskindesigns

justsomeone

justsomeone

Nameless

Not allways,and it depeds.I only take a bit of each s personality,depends on what I see in those chacacters.

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

*looks around*
>_>
<_<

Oh dear lord...I find myself relating things to anime as a "common" occurrence, when in actuality...things aren't.

For example: I am always baffled when someone doesn't understand the anime-esque "falling over from shock." I mean, come on, we all know it's emotional bearing, right? ...then I remember that anime is a niche market and I'm the one who's lost it according to the "common" man. ;)

I don't actually do any physical anime-style things, but my thinking has been affected, that's for sure. I'm amazed by how much lingo/emotional actions I've picked up and use in relevance to my own life. Even online - Really now, all websites need to adopt the ^_^' smiley. It's so useful! ...then I remember that it's normally just an anime thing and resign myself once again. *sigh* When's the rest of the world going to catch on, I ask you? When!? :D lol

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

Yeah I'm less serious than I used to be and I'm picking up the habit of saying che. I also curse in my mind a lot more.

well of course watching anime will affect you even if it isnt becoming a cosplayer for that character or anything. people are affected by everything that's why all kid shows have moral messages in them. as far as how anime has affected me, it really hasnt made any vast changes in the way i act just gives me something to talk about. once in a while i will come across a series with a sad ending such as elfen lied or the sort and it'll affect my mood for a day or two but that is about the extent of it.

yukiyo

yukiyo

.: Autumn In My Heart </3

oh dear :) haha - thank you for commenting everyone - gave me a much more defined view :) i appreciate that

hmm...i guess that anime really does influence my character...which happens to be very much like Light...the brooking type

oh u have no idea... XD

but i can safely say i dont cosplay O__O but i have 2 deathnotes :)

- [ you can illustrate your death in romance ] </3

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

LOL......what was the last anime i watched? ^_________^"""

by far, i paid more attention to female characters than male ones. i continue to watch because i want to know what will happen to my favourite character in the next few episode. i guess i'm not that fanatic enough to be influenced-------> it only makes me more melancholic >__< *hugs anime plush toys tightly*

in my life, reality holds more influence than watching anime. i've so many challenges to face. so, anime is just my comfort to return to my original personality after a series of hectics.

like dark20011, after watching certain anime, my mood was unexpectedly lost in that world. i keep thinking about it, even when about to sleep (i watch anime at late quiet night usually), when having a bath, and during class! to simplify it, i'm soooo worry about my favourite character.....

all in all, it makes me a more caring person; learning how to love (i've never gone into dating before~ X-P )

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

Can't really explain how I've been effected, but I definately have been changed since i started watching anime religiously.

Signature

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Ye, it have. Most of my jokes are actually quotes from different anime and mangas XD. But of course my classmates doesn't understand them <_<. Only my siblings :P

I think that shounen have affected me quite much. I endure much more than I usually do. But that shounen feeling is not working every time :(

Signature Image

WooyaPooya

Fallen Member

No, not really. I like to watch anime and read manga, but I don't act like the characters from the series I like. If there are any similarities, I was already similar to them rather than me acting like them.

yes.. it really influenced my personality a lot.. like the way i dress,, the way i act and speak with others.. it really changed my character in a sense.. and i like the feeling..

It's totally influencial! Even if I don't do cosplay or anything, my attittude became as it is because of anime influences. Like Kenshin from Samurai X. I was all "orooooo" and they think it's too comical or something. Then there would be L from Death Note. muahahaha! And now-- I became the exact replica of Edward Elric.. the height (stfu so what if I'm small!), attittude, etc.

But hey... some times being influenced by anime has some good things. Like... doing homework. (WHOAH GO RAITO AND YOUR HAND OF gOD POSES!)

I can't say that I go out on the edge trying to become a certain character but I do try to take "advice", as it were. What would Alzeid do?
And after reading Saiyuki I do find myself wanting to kill and threaten random people, eat more that I should, and become a chain smoker........ Subliminal messages, anyone? ~_~

hellooo36

hellooo36

supergirl

i think that it influences you...i am totally addictive to anime or manga, and i don't have time for something else...i shouls fix this problem, but...:D

It's hard to always smile and wave and say "Hello!"

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.