Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does your parent treat u like a child? - Minitokyo

Does your parent treat u like a child?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

sigh...

I understan that our parents care for us, gives us what we need, etc..
But do they really have to treat me like a child!?
I'm 13 and I don't think I'm a kid in that age, ait?
Please share if ever they treat you like it coz they do it to me.
^__^'
Mine's like this...

1. It was the first day of classes. I was a freshman in a new school back then. My mom decided to accompany me to school. I refused but she just keeps on insisting. I didn't have a choice so fyn! ... When we got there, I noticed I was the only student with a parent along... Embarassing mucH!
2. Like I've said, I'm 13... Even though I'm 13, they still won't let me cross the street alone. =c
3. They make me join in parties for kids.
(Fun yet irritating)
4. They don't let me go out with some friends.
5. They don't let me commute (kids ages 9+ are allowed. =c!)

Break a heart...replace it for a new one but not the same one...

No you are a kid......

Well my parents do treat me like that sometimes but everybody is somebody's child eventually......

Although your parents sound overly protective...... but guess that means they love you.....
My parents don't really spend that much time with me and I'm alone at home usually.....

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Hahaha... I can relate to you! XD

Well, I'm already 19 but sometimes my mom's still treating me like I'm only 7-10 years old, hehehe! But I think it's kinda natural since mothers really love their kids. :) (at least, that's what I believe)

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

selemental

selemental

GONE. lol

"Does my parent treat me like a child, yeah?"

Well... I don't know how to answer that.

But since she gave birth to me, put clothes on my back, goes to work & pays the rent on
her own, lets me live in her house, gives me food, buys me video games, pays for
the internet, cable, and the anime network, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

I don't see why she shouldn't treat me like a child, yeah?

Mm..

I guess I just don't care, yeah?
I like being a kid anyway.

Owner of: tou-no-uwaMember of: userpageskindesigns

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I'm 24 years old. My mom still sometimes treats me like I'm 13. Its ok. They just love you and want nothing bad to ever happen to you. :D Parents usually want the best for their child. If you're really wanting them to "not treat you like a child" as much, analyze yourself. Have you ever done anything one thing wrong (sneaking out of the house, lying to them, drinking or anything like that) to make them not trust you completely? My sister was that way when she was 13/14... mom and dad were super strict with her, but they let me do a lot of things because I never sneaked out or anything bad like that.

Please remember, some parents are just overly protective of their kids. Its only because they love you. They want the best for you. That's probably all it is. :)

Your parent came to school with you, you said? If you worry about being embarassed, tell your friends or anyone else, that it is your mom/dad's insecurity and not yours that made them come to school with you. They just thought that by being there you wouldn't feel scared or alone. I'm sure that's why they came with you. I guess that's all I can think of right now. ^_^'

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

yothsothgoth is right...

If you're the eldest or the only girl in the family, your parents'll be very strict and protective to you. They just want your future to be secured and nothing bad happens to you...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

No matter how old are you, you will always be their little baby! :) Even when you turn 40! I'll give you an example of what they're thinking. I don't know if you have younger sibling, but what you feel toward them is somehow similar to what parents feel for their children. No matter how old your younger brother or sister is, they'll be always your baby sibling and you feel like protecting and caring for them. Even when they grow up enough to do so.

You're still young! Honestly! Plz don't be upset. I'm old enough to live my own life but still there comes times that my parents insist on helping me with things. I can understand how they feel. NO one wants his/her child/ren get harmed by outside world.

What you can do is to talk about it with your parents and tell them how you feel about very reasonably. In the meantime you should be able to prove that you're capable of doing so! :)

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

Aww...
tnx guys

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Ye, they treat me like a child. But I dont really mind (sometimes ~_~). That just shows that they love me and cant risk my health if anything should happen. Im happy about that, cause I can see that they care about me. Im 16 years old, and when you reach a certain age you ALWAYS think that you are old enough to take care of yourself and not being treated like a child. The biggest mistake you can do is to think that you are old enough to take care of yourself. And even if you can take that responsibility, they will still treat you in that loving way that parents do. From your point of view, you think they treat you like a child. But from theirs, they show affection. Thats what I think at least.

Signature Image

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

Uhm,...guys...?

Are'nt they being a little TOO protective...?

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

ya being a little too overprotective is right... ur still a kid tho..... but ur getting there to maturity... however, ur not a kid that needs a parent to tag along to class, that is too embarrassing and invasive. i think that you need to show them this: Talk to your parent(s) like an adult, meaning... speak in a manner that expresses how you feel and reassure them that you are perfectly capable of handling the situation in a voice that demands that they hear you. Meaning, you cant laugh or be goofy at all. If you act like a baby, expect to be treated like one. But like you said, your mom "insists" on butting in, so you must do a little "insisting" of your own that she butt out. Until she gains that respect for you, you will still be a child in her eyes. That's the path to independence and its part of growing up is standing up to your parents, showing them that you have authority of your own and can manage a situation that they are not necessary for like bringing you to class in school like you might get lost. lol

-repeat-

i never had a mother, i wish i had someone who would insist of staying in shcool for me, to treat me like a baby, and a place to comfort myself even when i am 50..

from dust we formed as humans and to dust we shall dissolve into air

I`m different form you, when i was 7 year old my parent already let me alone go to sch... although it nt a far distance... And seen then i`m very independant, allow to go anywhere i like.... Actually you can tink it this way, it`s either you have freedom and no parent love or you have parent love and no freedom...For you , you are the second type but actually it a good thing, your parent love you very much, if you really think you dun wan to be treated as a kid then talk to them, i`m sure they will understand!

snowcutie

snowcutie

.:~*SummerTime*~:.

they treat me like a kid and gives me lots of rules and very strict! :D

Radha

Radha

Sanely insane!

Well I'm 20 and my parents can't seem to decide whether to treat me as a child or not (that's what I think). They don't let me go out after 7pm coz I'm a child.. But when its convenient for them they same I'm an adult and should do everything on my own!

Basically it depends on the situation .. If its safe then I'm adult if not I'm still a kid!

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

(*~Group Message~*)

Radha: What about my situation?
What about the the situations stated in my first post? Do you think it's convenient for me to be treated as a child...?

snowcutie: hahaha! We're the same...almost... >.<

jasaiyajin: tnx again!

vatican92, Akaiken: too much of something is bad, right?

ealpha-scorpio, afaT: I guess you're right...but still...Aren't they being a little TOO protective? Too much of something is bad, right? ...same as too much of nothing..!

selemental: haha...good for you. At least you like being a child ^_^
Me? Nuuuu! XD

yothsothgoth: Is it okay to be too protective? Is it a good thing?
I never done anything wrong or whatever.

gure-neko: ...I'm sorry about that, gure-neko...

I'm the youngest so its obvious that my parents treat me like a kid. Yeah there are lots of strict rules, like i can't go out of the house independently.

I can say that my mom treats me like like a kid more than my dad. She doesn't let me cross the road alone too...XD

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

I can relate to you with that, XxxRavenxxX.

kawaiihime04

kawaiihime04

Fluffy Sesshy

hei, i didn't see your mom during our first day

merged: 08-21-2007 ~ 08:25pm
well, it's a good thing your parents care about you- and support you. compare to mine: I think they just support me financially. they never bother knowing more about me, I mean, they just pay attention to my older brother and my cousin who's currently living with us for a while. Uhm.. just look at the positive side and bear in your mind that you're luckier than other people

Sometimes, the one who is good in taking care of other people is the same person who needs someone to take care of them.
>>>Mapu quote<<<

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.