Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Where does the world come from? - Minitokyo

Where does the world come from?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 78 total items

TreeFarieAaliyah

TreeFarieAaliyah

Midnight Princess

Every time I think of this question, I get annoyed. Where does the world come from? Where do the trees and mountains and people and animals and plants and etc all come from? I don't know. All I know is that nothing can come from nothing...right...?

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

mountain

mountain

None

God of course :D

God. Who else?

TreeFarieAaliyah

TreeFarieAaliyah

Midnight Princess

Ok. But if God made the world...and universe and everythign else...what made God? Where does God come from? That's what stumps me. Who made the world? God. Who made God? ... He can't have jsut been there forever...right? I don't think that anything has existed forever. The questions can continue forever. God is one answer...but even then...the question still stands. Where does everything come from? Life may have first been created by God and then evolution occured. But the planets the universe, the galaxies...did God create all of that? If he did...then where did God come from?

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

I believe in the Big Bang theory. What's with the hydrogen atom? They say that Matter can be neither created nor destroyed, it changes, so maybe there's no begnning nor ending, and that atom is as result of a previous galaxy which had exploded or something. I don't know too much about science but I can't believe that God made it. But this is just my opinion, so I may be wrong :)

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

The Big Bang Theory, Evolution Theory etc. The physics and biology textbooks are there for you to read up on if you're interested in learning how things might've come to be. As to the question of what might the ULTIMATE DRIVING FORCE OF EXISTENCE be, that's just a big fat ? that will probably always remain a big fat ?. Humanity can only contemplate such a relatively meaningless question for all eternity. Anyways, those are my two scents.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

TreeFarieAaliyah, we have some explanations for how these things came about, but we can't say for sure since we just don't know enough yet. People may say "God did it." We don't know how everything happened, but we can make logical inferences. However, "God did it" has no basis other than "oh gee, the Universe looks pretty complex. That means the Christian God must have created it!"

That said, to answer you're original question once again: We don't know, but that's what we're trying to find out. Imagine people from 1,500+ years ago trying to explain the world. We've come far from them (and coincidently religion has weakened greatly since then), but we still have a lot left to learn.

Some good articles:
http://www.colorado.edu/Sociology/gimenez/corner/god.html
http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/juggler.html

yukiyo

yukiyo

.: Autumn In My Heart </3

buahahaha~! i have been waiting for this thread quite some time

TreeFarieAaliyah - you have my thanks :)

hmm...personally - even though i am not christian - i go by the belief that our world was created by God. kinda like God was playing with his Divine marbles and one of them slipped and rolled into the galaxy

but thats my twisted view O_O

honestly - i have no idea whatsoever - does God really exist? who can prove this? sorry if i sound naiive - its just my view >_<

- [ you can illustrate your death in romance ] </3

Well big bang theory sure doesn't work because there had to be something that created a big bang......

Yeah.... even if I just look at the world and everything, it seems impossible to have been created just by chance

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Quote by vatican92Well big bang theory sure doesn't work because there had to be something that created a big bang......

The Big Bang theory describes what it tries to describe. It isn't an attempt to discover what happened before the Big Bang (i.e., the sigularity), it's an attempt to describe the Big Bang itself. So no. It not describing what happened before the Big Bang doesn't mean it "doesn't work." It's just something we don't know yet.

Quote by vatican92Yeah.... even if I just look at the world and everything, it seems impossible to have been created just by chance

The key word is "seems." It's not only possible, it's happened and we're still figuring out how.

ITS GOD THAT MADE THE EARTH NO ONE ELSE IF YOUR CRISTIAN YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!

.....i'm sorry but i don't believe god made earth...to tell u the truth i really don't know. it's just a bunch of chains. i would side more with the big bang but that would mean the universe created us from atoms and clouds of dust and stuff. although where did the universe come from? it ends up the same with god "it/he/she was always there" cuz in truth we really don't know.

vatican: i bet if u search some sites they might give u some theories of how the big bang was created.

yukiyo: marble? haha i love that one! it's so kawaii >.<.

"I must destroy the despair-night
To shine in Eternity's sunshine."

actually there is no scientific reseaerch says that world is made by god, yea they do say say so, but who knows what is the truth..right?
well why must we actually burden ourselfs with this question?
there are much more wonderful mystery of lands outsdie for us to think about and solve..but one thign for sure.. one day this all will dissapear....live life, appreciate life...thats our job now.. right?

merged: 05-08-2007 ~ 09:21am
and God is said to be above us right? thats means the universe was made before God, so it actually kinda mean, the world was made before Him,

from dust we formed as humans and to dust we shall dissolve into air

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by vatican92Well big bang theory sure doesn't work because there had to be something that created a big bang.

Well, the Big Bang theory doesn't describe what was before the Big Bang, just after. Nor does it attempt to explain the catalyst for the event.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

Well if you think about it, everything has to begin somewhere right? Everything has to start from something...the major source of all creation is none other than God. Here it mentions in the Bible.

Aestus

Aestus

*Baka Onigiriii*

Quote: nothing can come from nothing...right...?

Hard question this one :D
But here's my two cents. :)

The human mind cannot comprehend this problem (yet). The science we believe in is based on laws, laws which we have established by observation. So if something happened in 'the beginning' that is not applicable to our laws, we see it as false or impossible (nothing from nothing? perhaps physics will find the answer later, looks promising). And if we think outside the box of these laws, it is unprovable and merely a theory. So at the moment, were stuck.

Going on to part two of the question, everything that happened After the 'appearance' of the universe, energy, matter and antimatter. That we can describe with chemistry, physics and biology, although it would take a while for me to type it all out here so you'll have to look it up if you dont trust me. ;)
Whats so special about a mountain that you cant believe the earths crust moved and a distortion formed on the surface? It's probably the view of life we have that is the limiting factor to this discussion.

Hope to hear the answer if some1 finds it out though :P

Simple & Clean- Utada hikaru
:nya:

1) the world comes from the big bang, which i think the power of God helped happen.
2) when the planet formed, the living conditions of earth was able to form small living organisms which through millions and billions of years have evolved into everything today.
3) the universe has always been here, but i belive in the Oscillating theory which says that a universe will eventually die, and a new one will be reborn in its place. therefore there was never nothing

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

well, where does God come from?
i've been confused bout that too
but that's not an important question
ask Him after the death
X)

Signature

i dont believe there is a god, an all powerful being popping up from out of nowhere makes as much sense as matter having always been. As for the world, still no answer to where the matter came from but scientists do know how the earth formed.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

if u dont believe there's God, how come u can be here? bcoz He creates evrything in this World, planets, n wut ever things u can mention

Signature

You dont truly know why your here either, unless your speaking of the bible which is a sad excuse for explaining anything. The world came as matter cooled and gravitated towards each other former orbs. The world is a perfect place for life. Though titan is also thought to have life on it and its and incredibly cold place. Methane is liquid on titan.

Big Bang theory :D "in the beginning there was nothing. Which exploded" :D lol...no god, no bang, live on and by happy ></

Big bang theory.

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

We don't know much.

The furthest we've got is with the Big Bang... but there are still more to be explained...

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 78 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.