Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what would you do when ur computer hangs? - Minitokyo

what would you do when ur computer hangs?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

makiyasha

makiyasha

the [*SUmmeR*] SweeTneSS~*

i would try to end the program
and if that doesnt works i would panic for 5 secs then wait fro it to clear

~[ThE heVenLy FeeL [Of]*~ SummEr~*
Plz look at this scan if u like shishi doumei cross!
http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/57427/scan-from-shishi-doumei-cross-gentlemen-alliance-cross/
Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Well if you mean freeze well then I usually just wait 10 minutes or so. If I can't end the program well then since all I've ever had were laptops then well I flip it over and pop out the battery. I usualy wait a minute or so then pop the batttery back in. Turn it on then off and on again then go about whatever I was trying to do beforehand. A few times I'll get pissed as heck but some violent shooting games fixes that nicely.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

If it hangs for more than 5 minuets.....I simply shut it off. ;)

However, I haven't had that problem with Vista.......yet. o_0

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

xaeroak15

xaeroak15

The End/Out/Age of infinity

To judge if a program die or not ,1 is to see the light of the HD

2 is to see the prossecing in the task manager...

you can close them in it...

Signature
We are all in the infinite loop...

1. shut the whole computer off & switch it on again
2. open the task manager and end everything
3. curse & swear at the computer xD

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

i will off and on and continue until it is ok

Signature
I'm back! :D

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

hit the reset button....

Hi

I will go to the task manager and attempt to shut down the program that I suspect that is causing the hang. If the screen is frozen, then press the power button for a short time and try to off it. Then restart the com and prays that it does not die.

It's simple...first I'll try open the task manager...
if it's cannot be open..then push the magic button (reset button)...if it's still not working>>this one is the tough one...hold the power button for 4 second....then the comp will shut down automatically.

If my computer freezes on a program I use Ctrl+Alt+Del for task manager and end the process.

Wipe off everything on your harddrive and install linux : D

I wait a few minutes to give it a chance (maybe read a book for a bit) then Alt+Ctrl+Delete to kill it, then try again

-ctrl-alt-del, kill tasks/processes, identify the culprit
-if that doesn't help or can't do it, push the power button briefly, wait for shutdown; be patient.
-if it doesn't shut down, wait until there's no hdd activity (led off), then push the reset switch - if you have one - or cut the power.
-then, consider what you made it do, or what it did that caused the hang.
-seek the cause in this order: grounding, network, peripherals, drivers, cd/dvd drives, cpu's cooler, case fan, internal connectors (ide, sata), installed software, the os itself, memory modules and pci cards (remove then reinstall, change slot if possible), power source. try to cure the problem, or else try avoiding that operation. while handling the inner parts, keep yourself grounded.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

For a windows user thats easy. Point a large rocket launcher at the Microsoft corporate head quarters and let fly with a barrage.
J/K
Really the easiest thing to do is wait a bit (how long is up to you) and then try to kill the process if it does not free up.
If you are lucky enough to be running windows in a Linux environment I'd just kill the windows process and restart

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

When window's hangs, I usually kill the offending application with taskmanager and go back to what I was doing. Never have I had linux hang or crash.

I 'll press the restart button.If it doesn't work thean I'll press and hold the power switch on the CPU(it's a forced shut down) then turn it on again (sometimes I let the scandisk run th check the system for errors).If the PC hangs a lot, I would recommend to back-up your files to a CD/DVD/blueray or USB drive or another h-disk, etc. then format your PC and reinstall the programs again(If you want to return those back-up files to your PC you may do so but be sure to have it copied to avoid data loss).

kyubichan

kyubichan

Mobile Blackhole

Task Manager: If it's only one program that is not responding, I turn it off. Otherwise, I turn the whole Explorer off and see what happens when I turn it back on.

BUT if Task Manager won't even open (that means the computer is really frozen up), I just hit the Restart button~ ^^

Because yes!

If it is only one programme, I'll use task manager to close it off. If not, I'll restart.

restart recently

I'll curse and swear, go nuts and ask my bf to fix it...lol

Galtrann

Galtrann

Sticky and Sweet

Hit the pc! xDDD

swear...

im watchin some ***** movies...

i curse and hit my laptop...then i just turn it off...screw my unsaved data!

Music is in your eyes.
Music is in your soul.
Music is surrounding, everywhere you see.
Music is a reflection of who we wish to be.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I pretty much just reset my computer

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.