Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Reason, please - Minitokyo

Reason, please

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

biggsyke

Scanner

biggsyke

Has it come to this?

Time to get serious - Ichigo by biggsyke

I scanned it at 250 dpi, and did no filtering of any kind.
I got the basic image size/quality notice from the botchii.

I'm the Spaceman, get used to it.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Sorry, but that scan hurt my eyes. And I'm not the only one, there was already a comment on there that said: I have always wanted to see this scan in a larger version than mine, but this one looks resized... or maybe it`s not well scanned...

It was so bad that someone thought it was resized! Thankfully we can tell the difference, and see it wasn't resized & tehrefore no warnings :)

But 'filtering' & 'size' aside, the quality is just plain nasty. The colours and the lines don't seem to match up. There's a massive grainy fuzz running through every inch of the image, destroying the colour, and all of the lines are really hazy... In general it was a bad quality scan.

biggsyke

Scanner

biggsyke

Has it come to this?

Wow, and I just got a new scanner too. Well, the source picture was only about 6x4 inches. Any advice on scan settings?

I'm the Spaceman, get used to it.

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

I'm guessing that a lot of the problem is the image itself. It sounds like it's post card sized, which are okay but never great. Certainly don't even bother with anything smaller than a post-card in size as the print spots become far too large and the image will be lost.

As for that Bleach one in particular... it's hard to tell really. I'm guessing that the print quality of the image is just nasty & that your printer is picking it up & magnifying it.

Scanning in general? Some people scan on 300 dpi or more. I tend to clean every scan up in Photoshop before hand.

Just re-assess the quality of the image you're scanning. Sometimes you just have to let it go... I've had to recently so I know how disappointing it can be.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.