Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 DEATH NOTE is being licensed by VIZ Media. - Minitokyo

DEATH NOTE is being licensed by VIZ Media.

What do you think of DEATH NOTE being dubbedby VIZ Media?

Great idea!
3 votes
I don't care.
10 votes
I
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

ToMaccoff7

ToMaccoff7

Cryogenic Scientist - lawlzuwish

What are your thoughts on that? I think it'll be another downfall from a very good series dubbed by VIZ after what happened to NARUTO.

Here is the link official site for DN by VIZ. http://deathnote.viz.com
Click on trailer 3 for the sample of dubbing.

EDIT: HELP! I made a mistake while making the poll, I accidentally pressed the 'enter key' instead of shift. How do I remake the poll? >o<;

aaah! deathnote! i truly adore deathnote. it's such a great anime. who would think you can an enjoy a bloodless, violenceles anime so much. i think its a pretty good idea because then more people can enjoy it. im not sure how great viz media is at dubbing but by what you said, it doesn't seem like they're very good. Yet, there are so many kids that enjoy watching naruto, so i dun think it'll be too bad. for those people that enjoy watching the original with sub then stick to it.

. . . if its licensed its gonna be hard watching it OL and and i cant DL a bit... though i've read the manga i do wanna watch it through...

unlike naruto whose comics are still going on. death note is finished already... so i think it wouldnt end up the same way as Naruto... besides I believe its only 37 episodes...

I've seen up until episode 30 already.

Well it was already avalable to download(episode 1-4 only at the moment though) through Viz on January 10, 2007, which was three months after it premiered in japan, so they already started on them awile back.

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

I wouldn't mind ><, yeah.
All anime should be licensed eventually in my opinion. I think they did a good job with naruto its justthe way they are making it look... not enough blood like in the manga...

Meh I'm sure it'll be fine. I don't watch dubs anyway so if I decide to see it, it'll be subs only :P

Nooo.....! I already heard Raito's voice in one of their trailers... And I was... OMFG... >< Raito sounds like...a... noooooo....! X(

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Double Thread of this Death Note Liscensed?!

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Since the older thread has been inactive for quite some time I'll leave this thread open and close the other one.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

No.. Absolutely not.. I can think of a very few instances where I found the dub tolerable. Hmpf.. I'm still going to watch the subbed version. :)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I wouldn't mind I guess. I mean I like the fact that it's licensed, since more people will know about it and watch it. VIZ didn't do too bad of a job with Inuyasha, so I guess as long as they choose the parts carefully it'll be all right.

merged: 05-26-2007 ~ 01:57am
and @ToMaccoff7: I don't think there is a way to change polls right now.. sorry...

wut's the difference besides the voices between viz dubbing it, and some other company dubbing it? i hate english-dubbed anime, they always make me feel lyk the mood set in the anime is gone.

jr0904

Keron Dwayne Stewart

kinda bad people dashing the dubs and haven't seen it yet.I've just watched about 19 epsiodes in english and the're good.Also the naruto series isn't bad as people think.At least they have the TV versions for little kids that watch it on CN and the UNCUT box set so everyone wins.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.