Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Here we go again. . . - Minitokyo

Here we go again. . .

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Quote by botchii messageThe wallpaper you have submitted entitled Please Don't Let Me Fade. . . was deleted for one or more or the following reasons:

- It was too simplistic, with poor layout or background
- It was too blurry or overfiltered
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos
- It featured a poor quality extraction or had many artifacts on the images
- It was a low effort wallpaper
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image. See this announcement for more information: http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/35992/

We only accept wallpapers where the members make a true effort to submit quality works for critiques and advice.
For more information, refer to the Policy and the FAQ
For help with making wallpapers, refer to the Art & Design Lounge and/or get your artwork critiqued in the Sandbox.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Additional information provided by the moderator:
Too much filtering and motion blur. Rather simple background as well. Please check out The Sandbox if you wish to improve.

Okay, so above is the message I recieved in my notifications. And here is the link to the quarantined wallpaper. Here is a link to view the wallpaper.
So above is all of the required information. I am mostly going to reply to the moderator note at the bottom. There is only two filters on the wallpaper, the zoom blur that focuses on her face and the lens flare in the upper right corner. The simple background is meant to be because I did not want any attention to go anywhere else but her. It is hard enough to focus on her as it is because she is fading away and I had to lower the opacity to create that effect. Also, if you were fading away, don't you think that just about everything else around you would be gone too? That is why I didn't want to grunge up the background or add a stary scene. I did add little shimmers where she is fading to help add a little more interest, but you can't see them in the thumbnail, and if you are actually looking at the wall in full view you will notice them. Also, I wanted a zoom blur on the outline to add to the panic of fading, though she doesn't really have a panic expression on her face because she is looking at the feather that may restore her. Also, I wanted it too look like the outline was going to be the last thing that you see, and the last part of the color that fades was going to be her face, so that is why her face is brighter compared to the rest of her body, which is not fading evenly. Her hand is also less faded because she is reaching for the feather with it. So I think that my wallpaper is effective in achiving the effects that I wanted simple or not. There are plenty of other wallpapers that are simple and still look really nice. And there are loads upon loads of wallpapers that have thousands of grunge or effect layers, why not leave some simpler ones to help the variety in the gallery?

!~* Best Friends Forever = Kaisui Tatsu ~ thingperson ~ PinkPrincessLacus *~!
Administrator of FFVV and Make-a-Friend
Signature Image

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

The scan (or what's left of it) seems rather low-quality and pixelated and grainy (especially around her face). The back background with the white light also looks grainy. I know what you meant to do, but the blurring and whatnot just make it look rather low-quality.
Personally, I feel it should be left in quarantine, but if another mod thinks it should go back into the gallery, I'll leave this thread open for discussion.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

No reply in over a week. I'm closing this.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.